FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > All About Turkey > Altinkum Forum

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th June 2010, 14:47   #1 (permalink)
dawn ingram

dawningram has a spectacular aura about dawningram has a spectacular aura about dawningram has a spectacular aura about
Aydem Elektrik Nightmare

We have just returned from a week in the apartment and had an horrendous shock when we went to pay the electric bill. We bought the place last year and even though we went with the seller to Ayden and specifically asked for the settlement sum to be issued to the seller before we changed the account into our name, which we were under the impression happened, when we went in last week and asked why they hadn't taken any money by direct debit (which we had set up) and why they had cut us of over the winter, we were informed there was an outstanding bill to pay...of over 2, 600 TL !!!!. we had to pay it as they were charging us a 50% charge on any electricity we use until it was settled plus penalty charges on each bill. We had to draw money out over four days to be able to get enough to pay it, and when we went back on Friday the bill had somehow gone up ANOTHER 343 TL!! When we tried to question this we were told it was additional charges to cover the costs involved as the bill was so outstanding. We couldn't get to the bottom of this...they have selective understanding when asked to explain we feel. We have been assured that its all clear now, future bills will be by direct debit and at standard costs. Have any other members on here had any similar experiences? We are not convinced we havent been totally ripped off. What we can gather is that because the apartment had never been registered for electricity (the electrical account remained in the original builders name and the people who bought it paid in cash each time they got a bill)the previous tenant they rented to could get away with not paying...then we have to pay it because the property is now in our name. This has been a real blow to us and wiped us out financially. Can anyone offer any advice please? Thanks.
dawningram is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 6th June 2010, 14:57   #2 (permalink)
R.I.P

Thanked 5,705 Times in 2,169 Posts
carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ayden Electric Nightmare

I wish I could give you some advice Dawn but I cant, its a familiar tale. They seem to do what they like. I am thinking of changing my name by deed poll to a turkish surname then they wont know how the hell to pick me out in the future cos I'm sure thats what they do, government body or no government body!!! That should fool em!!
dawningram (6th June 2010)
Old 6th June 2010, 14:58   #3 (permalink)

Thanked 1,133 Times in 484 Posts
panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future

Are you sure the communal electric is not registered in your name. Mine was and I was paying for the swimming pool and another family in the block's electric.

I got it sorted the third year as I had an engineer down from the Tedas (name before Aydem).
panther is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to panther For This Useful Post:
Old 6th June 2010, 15:21   #4 (permalink)

Thanked 1,816 Times in 649 Posts
PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute

same thing happened to me after my two apartments were put in my name, first bill was 1300TL for one apartment and 896TL for the other, neither were occupied during this period, they have now both been cut off as i refused to pay and they cannot understand why i am pissed off. Its like bashing your head off a brick wall
Old 6th June 2010, 20:34   #5 (permalink)
dawn ingram

dawningram has a spectacular aura about dawningram has a spectacular aura about dawningram has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
Are you sure the communal electric is not registered in your name. Mine was and I was paying for the swimming pool and another family in the block's electric.

I got it sorted the third year as I had an engineer down from the Tedas (name before Aydem).
This is a possibility...we go out again in July and if the bill is big again I'm not paying it til they get an engineer in to find out whats going on...as PASH says it really is like banging your head on a brick wall... they are so deliberately unable to "understand" your questions...what a nightmare
dawningram is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 21:00   #6 (permalink)
The Golden Girls

Thanked 1,843 Times in 722 Posts
Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future

I don't know if this helps or not. I can't help with the money you have just paid and I hope you got copies of the bills. As has been said on this forum before, when you are out there turn everything of in the apartment and see if the meter is still running, if it is it's not just you using it. There is also a page somewhere on the fethiyetimes.com website that explains how to read an electric bill. Good luck
Old 6th June 2010, 21:15   #7 (permalink)
dawn ingram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalkan regular View Post
I don't know if this helps or not. I can't help with the money you have just paid and I hope you got copies of the bills. As has been said on this forum before, when you are out there turn everything of in the apartment and see if the meter is still running, if it is it's not just you using it. There is also a page somewhere on the fethiyetimes.com website that explains how to read an electric bill. Good luck
Thanks Kalcan... we read our meter before we left then switched everything off, so if when I return inJuly the meter reading is differnt then we know someone else is using it..we have kept everything including the bill we just paid ...God knows how we'd try and get a refund if it turned out we had paid for someone else tho!
dawningram is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 21:23   #8 (permalink)
R.I.P

Thanked 5,705 Times in 2,169 Posts
carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute

Don't give up Dawn, I once got a refund.
Old 6th June 2010, 21:53   #9 (permalink)

Thanked 1,133 Times in 484 Posts
panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future

The builders (some) do a lot of dirty tricks. Obviously first time pool was up and running and I had bought before this. The builder must have seen me out of the 6 apart owners to put the communal elec into my name as being the only female owner. First bill was £70 and this happened three years in a row for a small pool. I nearly always stayed at hotels. The 3 related families would have an idea as I spoke to one and said my concerns. Which he "assured me it wasn't my meter." I know they were crafty and knew all the time as they used to sort the running of pool maintenance out.
I never did get money off the others but they were left with a pool with no electric and I wouldn't pay towards it.
panther is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 22:03   #10 (permalink)

Thanked 2,613 Times in 1,055 Posts
jewel has a reputation beyond repute jewel has a reputation beyond repute jewel has a reputation beyond repute jewel has a reputation beyond repute jewel has a reputation beyond repute jewel has a reputation beyond repute jewel has a reputation beyond repute jewel has a reputation beyond repute jewel has a reputation beyond repute jewel has a reputation beyond repute jewel has a reputation beyond repute

When you go next time to sort the bill take a Turkish speaking friend with you who can explain your concerns. jewel x
jewel is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
aydem , ayden , electric , elektrik , nightmare