Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 28th November 2010, 13:53   #1 (permalink)
Live Life <3

Ashlee is on a distinguished road
Question Altinkum at christmas

Heyy i was just wondering what the people living in altinkum do at Christmas? Turkish and brits i know Muslims don't celebrate but is it just like another day for them? love ashlee x
Old 28th November 2010, 14:03   #2 (permalink)
R.I.P

Thanked 5,705 Times in 2,169 Posts
carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Altinkum at christmas

Hi Ashlee, for me here its just like any other day except for Xmas lunch. Have boooked into Delicious this year and am really looking forward to it, then home to watch telly lol. Both Brits and Turks celebrate New Year.
Old 28th November 2010, 14:10   #3 (permalink)
Live Life <3

Yes xmas day is really just another day for us all non believers lol but i guess it would be kinda weird having no adverts or music everywhere u look...but i did know they celebrated new year which in my eyes is the best bit lol
i would like to visit turkey over xmas but my 8 year old son would be traumatised lol Anyway thanks for the reply and merry xmas wen it comes xxxx
Old 28th November 2010, 14:20   #4 (permalink)

Thanked 1,980 Times in 921 Posts
culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute

Oh how I would love to be there for the New Year.
I usually spend New Year's Eve alone. Well not alone exactly. Daughters go out celebrating, and I babysit. But as the children are very young, they are fast asleep. Hubby does a bit of bar work that night. So it's just me and the TV.

Mary.
culturevulture is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2010, 14:34   #5 (permalink)
R.I.P

carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute

Ashlee and Mary, I am very boring and dont go out New Years Eve, I had stopped going out before I came here lol. You can get all the trees and decorations etc if you want them.

I see all the lovley food on the adverts on telly and wish... x
Old 28th November 2010, 14:46   #6 (permalink)
Live Life <3

Oh carol you must celebrate new year...!! even if u just open ur windows to let the new air in...!!

maybe one day i will come out and see for myself...!! although i think i would be in shock!! no dancing boys lol

still i only have 6 months till im flying out!!

and Mary I used to be like your daughters but now i'm an old scrooooge and wont pay the double rate taxi fares lol....
carolk (28th November 2010), culturevulture (28th November 2010)
Old 28th November 2010, 15:42   #7 (permalink)
Kalın deriliyimdir

Thanked 1,123 Times in 498 Posts
Lyndsey has much to be proud of Lyndsey has much to be proud of Lyndsey has much to be proud of Lyndsey has much to be proud of Lyndsey has much to be proud of Lyndsey has much to be proud of Lyndsey has much to be proud of Lyndsey has much to be proud of Lyndsey has much to be proud of Lyndsey has much to be proud of

Carol, Christmas luch menu at Deli-cious does look fab. Michelle & Caner are pulling out all the stops. Christmas lunch at Circus also got great reviews last year, it went well on into the night and people made new friends.

I have only ever spent 1 Christmas & New Year in Turkey and I cried! I missed my family, I missed the cheesy tv, snow, the fact that everyone in the UK recognises it as a holiday/special time of year. Here in Turkey it was just another day. I suppose it is what you make it but I'll never spend another here.
Ashlee (28th November 2010)
Old 28th November 2010, 15:47   #8 (permalink)
Ex Altinkum Resident

Lillylilly is a splendid one to behold Lillylilly is a splendid one to behold Lillylilly is a splendid one to behold Lillylilly is a splendid one to behold Lillylilly is a splendid one to behold Lillylilly is a splendid one to behold Lillylilly is a splendid one to behold

We had a couple of christmasses in Altinkum - one good and one rubbish, it never really felt right as we was nt with the kids and grandkids.

Last year was on a hot beach in Goa was lovely and although we did nt have the kids and grandkids it was quite christmassy.

This year we will be with all the kids in between settling back into our new place in UK which will be nice and if it snows then its a bonus. All in all dont matter where you are but if the family is nt there then its not the same!!!!

It was just another normal day in Altinkum though and we sat out in the sunshine - a bit bracing - for pre lunch drinkies but would nt have another christmas there probably.
Old 28th November 2010, 15:49   #9 (permalink)
R.I.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndsey View Post
Carol, Christmas luch menu at Deli-cious does look fab. Michelle & Caner are pulling out all the stops. Christmas lunch at Circus also got great reviews last year, it went well on into the night and people made new friends.

I have only ever spent 1 Christmas & New Year in Turkey and I cried! I missed my family, I missed the cheesy tv, snow, the fact that everyone in the UK recognises it as a holiday/special time of year. Here in Turkey it was just another day. I suppose it is what you make it but I'll never spend another here.
Awww Lyndsey, Im really not that bothered anymore lol but am really looking forward to going to Delicious, one of my fav places.

You have a lovley time in the UK, I hope its wonderful. x
Old 28th November 2010, 15:55   #10 (permalink)
Kalın deriliyimdir

Thanked 1,123 Times in 498 Posts
Lyndsey has much to be proud of Lyndsey has much to be proud of Lyndsey has much to be proud of Lyndsey has much to be proud of Lyndsey has much to be proud of Lyndsey has much to be proud of Lyndsey has much to be proud of Lyndsey has much to be proud of Lyndsey has much to be proud of Lyndsey has much to be proud of

I am at Deli a good couple of times per week. Michelle is in the UK now and said she can't wait to get back as she hates the snow! Was 23C in Soke today.

I have a mini Christmas cake for you here by the way, I didn't forget.

Tags
altinkum , christmas