Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 1st May 2006, 18:42   #1 (permalink)
Wer'e not really here

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,006 Posts
peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute
An owners group

Been thinking, I'm off out to Altinkum for the first time this year next friday. I know the water & electricity will both be disconnected, but a lot of owners here (including myself) must have a niggling worry about how their particular property has fared over the winter after reading threads here and there about break ins.

Obviously if you use a property maintenance service that worry is dispelled, but to be honest my wife doesn't enjoy the thought of strangers in our apartment, and external checks only seem to be included as part of a full maintenance package so we don't use one.

Would it be a silly idea to suggest an owners group whereby members would be happy to externally check other properties before others arrive? .. this could take a lot of the worry off peoples minds.

It doesn't have to stop there of course. I'm sure there would be many other uses for such a group?
peter the postie is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 1st May 2006, 21:39   #2 (permalink)

Pennie will become famous soon enough Pennie will become famous soon enough
Re: An owners group

Hi Peter. That is a good idea, but the few people I have spoken too about the idea didn't want the responsibility of looking after someone elses homes. What if something did go wrong (heaven forbid).Would they then be obliged to repair any damage etc, in which case they would need the keys to the property. I don't know how this would affect your insurance.
Don't want to put a dampner on the idea, but I don't think it would be as easy to do as it sounds.
Pennie

thats me......
Pennie is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2006, 21:47   #3 (permalink)

chris will become famous soon enough

why will the Water & Electricity be disconnected ?

Chris
chris is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2006, 03:49   #4 (permalink)
Wer'e not really here

peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute

Well Pennie, if there were any problems it would be a case of simply forewarning the owner by telephone or e-mail. I meant the idea more of a warning system really just to prepare or put peoples minds at ease.
peter the postie is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2006, 06:30   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member Has-Been

Thanked 8,580 Times in 3,216 Posts
immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter the postie
Obviously if you use a property maintenance service that worry is dispelled, but to be honest my wife doesn't enjoy the thought of strangers in our apartment, and external checks only seem to be included as part of a full maintenance package so we don't use one.
Then you need a Maintenance company you can trust. The answer is in your own question. Such companies in this area (Fethiye) include internal checks and a keyholder system, but you get what you pay for.
There is no point having strangers keeping a watch on your property and only having the power to phone you in UK if they see a burst pipe - what are you going to do then? You can't fly over to fix it and you put yourself in the position you are trying to avoid = having unknown contractors force their way in and charge you what they like.
Ian
Old 2nd May 2006, 09:53   #6 (permalink)

lynne is a glorious beacon of light lynne is a glorious beacon of light lynne is a glorious beacon of light lynne is a glorious beacon of light lynne is a glorious beacon of light

Totally agree with IMMAC.Peace of mind is priceless.
Lynne
Old 2nd May 2006, 12:04   #7 (permalink)
Wer'e not really here

"Partner in Eagle Residences Properties "

Lol Lynne, you would say that though obviously

People are misreading the original post. I am not suggesting a year round vigil of people's properties.

Scenario: Bill arrives in resort next week. He let's the group know of his impending arrival and one of the group do a simple walk around his property checking that all windows & doors are intact. He then e-mails Bill and says "everythings fine", leaving Bill content in the knowledge that he can relax and there are no nasty surprises in store.

It's no more or no less than a neighbourly deed that's all. All I'm suggesting is peace of mind.
peter the postie is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2006, 12:14   #8 (permalink)

terryfran is on a distinguished road

I think it is a good idea, and as I also have an apartment in Altinkum I would be interested in taking part.
terryfran is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2006, 12:33   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member Has-Been

Thanked 8,580 Times in 3,216 Posts
immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter the postie
"Partner in Eagle Residences Properties "

Scenario: Bill arrives in resort next week. He let's the group know of his impending arrival and one of the group do a simple walk around his property checking that all windows & doors are intact. He then e-mails Bill and says "everythings fine", leaving Bill content in the knowledge that he can relax and there are no nasty surprises in store.

It's no more or no less than a neighbourly deed that's all. All I'm suggesting is peace of mind.
And what if it is not OK - Bill can start worrying earlier, but can't do anything about it.
Meanwhile the "one of the group" is spending his holiday trying to sort out Bill's problem because Bill has not set up a proper caretaker.
Bill then has to spend the start of his holiday tracking down repair men and the rest of the holiday waiting for them to turn up.
Ian
Old 2nd May 2006, 13:53   #10 (permalink)

Rachels100 is a name known to all Rachels100 is a name known to all Rachels100 is a name known to all Rachels100 is a name known to all Rachels100 is a name known to all Rachels100 is a name known to all

I agree with Immac,
find a good trusted property management company and let them look after it. I would feel alot more relaxed knowing a good company is looking after my place and if anything goes wrong they can sort it out for me. It is not worth the worry not having one and I mean , we are only talking of 100- 200 a year .

Tags
group , owners