FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > All About Turkey > Altinkum Forum

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th September 2014, 16:32   #1 (permalink)

Thanked 4,264 Times in 1,736 Posts
Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute
3 Brits to be deported - truth or fiction?

Didim Voices newspaper claims to have heard from different sources that 3 illegal British workers are to be deported from Turkey.

Brit trio kicked out of Turkey

It seems to me that the authorities are being particularly lenient in giving 15 days notice to the illegals; does anyone know if this is just a rumour or if there is any truth in it?
Kingfisher is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 5th September 2014, 17:17   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 12,355 Times in 4,234 Posts
teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 3 Brits to be deported - truth or fiction?

I have no idea if it is true, but I would question this part -

Interestingly, we have learned that, in at least one case, police were visiting the address of one of three as part of their residence permit renewal.

Police don't (as far as I know) visit your home for a residency renewal?

Sloppy journalism or false information, your guess is as good as mine. I wouldn't be surprised if the gist of the story is true though.

Charlotte
teosgirl is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2014, 17:23   #3 (permalink)

sharon is on a distinguished road

We have been here nearly seven years and renewed our residency three times and jandarma have visited every time
sharon is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2014, 17:23   #4 (permalink)

Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by teosgirl View Post
I have no idea if it is true, but I would question this part -

Interestingly, we have learned that, in at least one case, police were visiting the address of one of three as part of their residence permit renewal.

Police don't (as far as I know) visit your home for a residency renewal?

Sloppy journalism or false information, your guess is as good as mine. I wouldn't be surprised if the gist of the story is true though.

Charlotte
The police do visit your home for residency renewal or at least the jandarma does round our way. If they don't find you they go to the cafe or cayhane and ask if you really live where you said.

But the rest of the article seems far-fetched - deportation but giving you 15 days to sort things out seems extremely civilised and rather unlikely!
Kingfisher is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kingfisher For This Useful Post:
teosgirl (5th September 2014)
Old 5th September 2014, 17:29   #5 (permalink)

Thanked 12,355 Times in 4,234 Posts
teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I never knew that. My father never had a visit for his renewal.

Anyway, it used to be that you were detained and immediately deported (Sunsail case) but perhaps this is another new rule.

Charlotte
teosgirl is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teosgirl For This Useful Post:
Kingfisher (5th September 2014)
Old 5th September 2014, 17:39   #6 (permalink)

I never knew about the first renewal because I wasn't in and they asked at the cayhane and apparently got the answer they wanted to hear. For the second time the jandarma turned up despondent and thirsty at the local bar/hotel with a list of yabanci that he hadn't manage to track. He asked the hotel-owner if he knew any of them and he was able to tick most of them off the list. When the hotel owner saw our names he told the gendarme that he was in luck, that we were there. So he took photocopies of our ikamets and asked us if we were working. Before we could answer, the hotel-owner laughed out loud, pointed at us sitting on the terrace drinking our beer and asked "Ağabey, do they look as if they are working?!"

The jandarma were really not interested one way or another, they just had a list of yabancı who, pesky people that they were, all lived in outlying villages and whom they had to track down or cross off their list, and they were very disgruntled at having to do the paperwork for the Nevşehir police.
Old 5th September 2014, 17:44   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 3,853 Times in 1,594 Posts
beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute

İ have had several polis visits and know of many others who have also had these visits.
beyazbayan is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2014, 18:20   #8 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 30,614 Times in 13,090 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Ah but we know who it is don't we? A certain SM I believe, the singing chef!!!

Is being barred from Turkey for a bit on par with losing your life sayings? I think not!!!

NO STRANGER TO DANGER

Last edited by Spurs; 5th September 2014 at 18:25..
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spurs For This Useful Post:
1939hamilton (5th September 2014), culturevulture (6th September 2014)
Old 5th September 2014, 18:57   #9 (permalink)

Thanked 2,263 Times in 872 Posts
1939hamilton has a reputation beyond repute 1939hamilton has a reputation beyond repute 1939hamilton has a reputation beyond repute 1939hamilton has a reputation beyond repute 1939hamilton has a reputation beyond repute 1939hamilton has a reputation beyond repute 1939hamilton has a reputation beyond repute 1939hamilton has a reputation beyond repute 1939hamilton has a reputation beyond repute 1939hamilton has a reputation beyond repute 1939hamilton has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs View Post
Ah but we know who it is don't we? A certain SM I believe, the singing chef!!!

Is being barred from Turkey for a bit on par with losing your life sayings? I think not!!!
I had heard this rumour, via Facebook.....karma, of a sort....
1939hamilton is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1939hamilton For This Useful Post:
culturevulture (6th September 2014), Spurs (5th September 2014)
Old 5th September 2014, 18:59   #10 (permalink)

Ok, just rumour, then. Thought it was a bit too weird to be true. Odd to publish in a newspaper though.

Tags
brits , deported , fiction , truth