Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Some changes regarding moderation
We have had exciting few days, lot of speculations and discussions about some members deciding to leave the forum.

This event generated a lot of work for me and the moderators in trying to keep things calm and discuss amongst ourselves as to what we can do to fix some of the things that have been pointed out by members.

I am not going to ban a member just because some other members have dislike for them, I don't take banning lightly and personal likes and dislikes are an individual's problem, I can't get involved when friendships go sour or there are fights on or off the forum, sort it out yourselves.

I don't want someone to complain after they have had a good old fight and feel sorry for themselves because they got abused, if you are deep into it then dig yourself out or stay out of fights.

I will come down hard on anyone bullying newcomers or less knowledgeable members, if you can't help don't post stupid comments or silly one liners, if you have nothing good to add keep shut, any deviations will earn negative rep points and or infractions, earn enough and you will get temporary ban, keep going that way and a permanent ban will follow.

So to ensure a smooth running of the forum, me and the moderators are going to tighten up on enforcing the rules for everyone, there will be no discussions of moderator actions, you can PM the moderator, report a post and PM me direct for clarification, but do not start threads questioning moderator action.

I have allowed things to slip a little hoping that a lighter hand would work as it's a forum made up of adults, but at times it seems to be like a kindergarten, so from now on, there will be a tighter enforcement of the rules as we see them, the rules are not 100% clear and we don't need to explain every action everytime we make a decision, it's a waste of our time and causes disruption of the forum.

Please ensure you follow good common sense when making posts, treat others with respect and if someone does not don't stoop down to their level, but move on and put it down to their ignorance or stupidity, don't make a mountain out of a molehill, it's only a forum where we can share information and talk about common interests and hopefully have a few enjoyable hours away from the stresses of daily lives.

Try to feel another's pain when you stick the boot in with your cutting remarks, insults or put downs, just try to imagine what kind of day your fellow member has had or what personal problems they are trying to handle, coming here for many is an escape, don't try to show how cleaver you are with words by ridiculing another person.

Sorry for the long post, but I think it was long over due.

Salaam-Alaikum

pipermam

ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW I LEARNED IN KINDERGARTEN

(a guide for Global Leadership) by Robert Fulghum

All I really need to know about how to live and what to do and how to be I learned in kindergarten. Wisdom was not at the top of the graduate school mountain, but there in the sand pile at school.

These are the things I learned:
Share everything.
Play fair.
Don't hit people.
Put things back where you found them.
Clean up your own mess.
Don't take things that aren't yours.
Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.
Wash your hands before you eat.
Flush.
Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.
Take a nap every afternoon.
When you go out in the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together.
Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Styrofoam cup: the roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.
Goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup - they all die. So do we.
And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.
Everything you need to know is in there somewhere. The Golden Rule and love and basic sanitation. Ecology and politics and equality and sane living.

Take any one of those items and extrapolate it into sophisticated adult terms and apply it to your family life or your work or government or your world (or this forum) and it holds true and clear and firm. Think what a better world it would be if we all - the whole world - had cookies and milk at about 3 o'clock in the afternoon and then lay down with our blankies for a nap. Or if all governments had as a basic policy to always put things back where they found them and to clean up their own mess.

And it is still true, no matter how old you are, when you go out in the world, it is best to hold hands and stick together.

funlife

I have not been on the the forum that long but in that short time i have noticed the decline a great shame as the idea is its here to help and pass on information or relay experiances im so glad you are going to tighten up a bit thanks funlife

EVELYNNE

evelynne
ive always taught my family to rise above petty arguements never allow yourself to bow to the perpetrators level.

this may mean turning the other cheek , but it works for me and i feel ive not lost grace in the given situation.

Good advice from mushtaq and piperman thankyou x

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Thank you Mushtaq, and hope we can all move onwards and upwards now.

I always think before I speak/post, as that is how I was taught, none of us know sat behind a PC what kind of a day that person has had, I am no pushover, but with respect.

thanks mustaq ..it needed to be said.

the forum has collected a massive membership ..most who dont contribute and maybe just join to have access to the hidden forums.. a few who join in for a while post occasionally (which is ok too)..and a very few who get into the swing of things and become super regular contributors and thread starters injecting new vigour and ideas.. theres a place for everybody.
Think of it ..if all the 19000 started making posts where would we be!
There are dozens of forums on the net but few as successful as this one in spite of the upheaval of the last few days.

ive been a member for six years now and throughout that time have seen dozens of spats similar to the latest one and in spite of it the forum moves on and grows.

as you said a few days ago....TLF çok yaşa...long life to TLF

Well Done Mushtaq, I have been a member around 5 yrs now and there has always been a few who seem to have an axe to grind, you then get new members who seem to know it all or just post for the sake off it and say nothing,
Just looked at some off my 1st threads and apart from Parrot and a few others the members then have stoped posting so they come and go and things do carry on as norm,

you and your team do a great job with little or no thanks, so a big thank you from Ken & myself Jim

John E Rose

Hi Folks

Agree totally keerp the bullying for the school yard!!!

Thanks again to you and all the admins its a hell of a job thank god that you all will do it!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers John:20:

ihutch

Well done Mustaq - as you said it needs to be done and I am glad it is going to be. thanks again.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Easy explanation A new member has joined and is probably looking at threads that they find interesting and have commented on. It's a thread started in 2011, but no fault of the member if they feel they want to add their comment.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Actually not a bad idea ressurrecting and chewing over some of the old threads....
People like Jaycey wasn`t around in the old days....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom