Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 7th September 2006, 00:19   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Thanked 7,856 Times in 1,934 Posts
Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute
Please behave!

During the last few days the forum seem to have taken a different path to what its original goal was, which as a reminder is;

to bring together people who want know more about Turkey, how to move there how to live there, about the people and culture of the place.......etc.

recently we have had some very aggressive discussions and personal attacks on members, this trend is not something I like and want to put a stop to right now.

I have created the Back Room to discuss things that some people might find offensive or unpleasant on the main forum, please keep anything that is of that nature in there, DO NOT spill these types of threads on to the main forum.

DO NOT get personal even in the Back Room, be civil to each other, this is not a school playground, it's a discussion forum for grown up people, if you can't behave then there is not need to stay.

There are a few individuals who have a kind of 'gang' feel to it, and tend to 'pick' on some members, I will not tolerate such behaviour, and will revoke memberships even though they may be valued members who have a lot to offer others.

I have closed some of the recent threads that have gone really petty and stupid, I hope we can put all that behind us now, and move on by discussing and sharing information about Turkey.
Old 7th September 2006, 01:26   #2 (permalink)

pebble is a splendid one to behold pebble is a splendid one to behold pebble is a splendid one to behold pebble is a splendid one to behold pebble is a splendid one to behold pebble is a splendid one to behold pebble is a splendid one to behold
Re: Please behave!

well said Mushtaq. Let's keep these forums friendly and informative.

I havent been around lately, so havent seen the attacks you mention, but have seen some in the past and agree with you about the pettiness and personal attacks that is seeping in to the forums making it uncomfortable to be in.
Old 7th September 2006, 01:52   #3 (permalink)

lynnmcl will become famous soon enough

Well said Mushtaq,

It was getting just a tad ridiculous. Well a lot really !!!

And remember Girls & Boys, If you can't be nice at least try being civil.

It won't hurt (promise) & it doesn't cost anything ..

Lynn
lynnmcl is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2006, 08:16   #4 (permalink)

Thanked 1,021 Times in 310 Posts
rosehillgirl1 has much to be proud of rosehillgirl1 has much to be proud of rosehillgirl1 has much to be proud of rosehillgirl1 has much to be proud of rosehillgirl1 has much to be proud of rosehillgirl1 has much to be proud of rosehillgirl1 has much to be proud of rosehillgirl1 has much to be proud of rosehillgirl1 has much to be proud of

Hi,

I discovered this forum about 18 months ago. I was really pleased to have found it, I could share information with people like ourselves who were genuinely interested in Turkey. Some people lived there, some with holiday homes and others who just loved the country.
I have met some really nice people on this forum and have been given invaluable advice by members. However, this is not the same forum that I joined, it has been hijacked by individuals that really aren't that interested in Turkey.
There are a lot of forums out there for teenagers and some of their topics seem grown up by comparison.
I enjoy a joke and some of the topics/posts have given me a good laugh but now it's just nasty one-upmanship. There are certain individuals that need to grow up a lot-go somewhere else and bicker.
There are a lot of people who just don't bother with this forum now. If this forum had been like this when I first discovered it I would not have bothered logging on again.
rosehillgirl1 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2006, 08:38   #5 (permalink)
LOVING MY LIFE

Thanked 3,166 Times in 1,506 Posts
luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnmcl
Well said Mushtaq,

It was getting just a tad ridiculous. Well a lot really !!!

And remember Girls & Boys, If you can't be nice at least try being civil.

It won't hurt (promise) & it doesn't cost anything ..

Lynn
Well done -- I totally agree - as back in June i was subjected to this kind of treatment and it HURTS !!! especially when you are trying to help and advise others and I nearly left the forum - but it was certain members who convinced me to stay.Lets keep this forum nice and frendly as there is too much nastiness in this world already !
Thank you Mushtaq
Old 7th September 2006, 08:44   #6 (permalink)
Non Active Member

blackpool is on a distinguished road

Mushtaq, I agree completely. There are 4 or 5 people that come across as very smug and self-righteous, using humour as a form of ridicule. I was accused of being an estate agent without a shred of evidence (completely untrue). Some of us are new to Turkey and like me new to using forums. If they can't make a useful contribution to others then they should shut up and stop trying to be clever dicks. I always think twice now before asking about anything on the forum. Thank goodness the majority are not like them.
blackpool is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2006, 09:46   #7 (permalink)
aitch

aitchij has a spectacular aura about aitchij has a spectacular aura about aitchij has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Mustaq I must admit I was spending less time on the forum for this reason, and John stopped logging on altogether, it was so refreshing to log on today and see such great threads and info.
aitchij is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2006, 10:47   #8 (permalink)

Gail is a splendid one to behold Gail is a splendid one to behold Gail is a splendid one to behold Gail is a splendid one to behold Gail is a splendid one to behold Gail is a splendid one to behold Gail is a splendid one to behold Gail is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy Re: Please behave!

I've just got back from holiday and I thought I had logged on to another forum, what has happened in the last couple of weeks? Someone has said there are forums for teenagers who bicker and squabble I don't know them but if any of you who feel that is what you want to do I'm sure I will be able to find the addresses for you and will gladly pass them on. There is no need at all for aggresive behaviour on here, go and hire a boxing ring and spar in there don't do it here as Mushtaq has already said this forum is all about Turkey not about how sarcastic, aggresive, one upmanship one can be!
Gail is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2006, 11:02   #9 (permalink)

speedy will become famous soon enough

welcome back Gail lol
Old 7th September 2006, 13:41   #10 (permalink)

berry has a spectacular aura about berry has a spectacular aura about berry has a spectacular aura about

I agree with what everyone has said, we dont want any nastyness or people having a dig, we get that most of the time in our working day, we just want to have good information, intresting threads, topics that most of us want to hear about, mostly TURKEY.

I think a lot of people are put off asking a question incase someone comes back and has a go!! If anyone comes back to me to have a go, good cause I wont be here, I'm off to Turkey for two weeks!!!!!!!!!!
berry is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
behave