Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  Classified Ads
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > All About Turkey > Akbuk Forum > Apollonium Bozbuk

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th August 2009, 01:27   #1 (permalink)
JohnSwain

JohnSwain is on a distinguished road
Angry Maintenance Charges Rip Off !!!!!!

I have just received my bill for maintenance charges for this sitesi: A staggering 1,944 TL until the end of the year (and mine is not a big property), so that would be 4665 TL for the year. With 315 properties on site, not counting, the restaurant and offices, suggests that the overall budget is around 1.5 Million Turkish Lira (620,000 or 720,000 Euros).

They haven't provided me with budget so I don't know where this money is going. I have also not received a site management plan either so have no idea of what cut the developer has arranged with them as a management fee either.

Time to call in a Judge to kick out the manager appointed by the developer me thinks!!!!!!!!!!

The site manager is CLC or Club La Costa who are based in Spain.

Oh yes and as a final kick in the kahunas they also have the cheek to charge 6.5 TL for a small beer and 25 TL for a kebab, so it looks like the shop on the sitesi next door will be getting a very large number of customers stocking up with beer and kebabs for their bar-b-ques.

Anyone companies out there wanting to bid for site management you may wish to visit the site and start working on your REALISTIC bids as i'm sure a tender will be coming out in the near future.
JohnSwain is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 10th August 2009, 06:33   #2 (permalink)
R.I.P

Thanked 5,705 Times in 2,169 Posts
carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maintenance Charges Rip Off !!!!!!

Wow!! John thats terrible. I believe you are entitled to a breakdown of those costs so don't pay a penny until you get it!!

Stand together, make sure you have all your ducks in a row legally and get rid of them.
Old 10th August 2009, 06:47   #3 (permalink)
Non Active Member

Plops Champion!
Thanked 2,582 Times in 1,022 Posts
bobthenob has disabled reputation

l know l am going to get knock for this,but this is my thinking why the charge is so high.
The amount of times l hear of complexes sitesi's and Koops charging extortionate fees for each individual person.ls it mainly the foriegners they target or is it everyone on the site that have to pay these prices.

l have noticed from others on these sites,the Turkish seem to get away with not paying and the foriegners are hounded with threats until they pay up.Housing sites and complexes in Turkey gives me the image of a dictorative regime,where the management can do what they like with their made up oppressed policies to leech you dry,without any restrictions from the system.

l have always preferred living in a private property,because of the freedom and without any worries from these criminalized practices they force on you.

These sites should be investigated and brought to justice.What they are doing is abusing their power on the site to steal from the owners.The papers would be interested in printing a story about these ripped off sites and complexes,if enough people get together and tell their story with the evidence as well to strengthen the case,l do think this will change the way they run communities for the better and a lot more fairer

Last edited by bobthenob; 10th August 2009 at 07:08..
bobthenob is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 07:14   #4 (permalink)
CJD

CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of

I dont think you'll have any chance of changing the site management
Club La Costa is a very large operation Spanish/English and this is how
they make their money! I think you will find that they own all the facilities
and grounds and as such have total control. They are a very slick operation
in the past they have concentrated mainly on timeshare

quote from their website
To maxmise any returns on investment it is essential that you do your research. Working with a known and trusted Property Investment Company, such as
CLC Estates, will significantly lower the potential risks and help you to avoid the pitfalls.
Old 10th August 2009, 07:57   #5 (permalink)
JohnSwain

CJD,

CLC have bought (or may even rent) about a third of the properties on the site for their timeshare business. Myself as an owner bought off plan 2 years ago and CLC have only just been appointed the site managers by the developer.

My TAPU clearly states the land share that I have of the overall site size, therefore they definitely do not own the grounds the property owners do and these are the communal areas which we have to pay the fees for.

The I know there is choice out there of decent Turkish owned companies who will not rip us off, keep any modest profit in the country and assist the economy.

There are already 15,000 unsold properties in the area and without the owners fighting for their rights and working with the local community they will remain empty as bad publicity drives away the investment and the repeat tourists.
JohnSwain is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 08:10   #6 (permalink)
CJD

CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of

Sorry John, it does state on their website that they are selling properties there
from 95,000 so I thought they owed the site, if you can get more than 50%
votes at the next site meeting you stand a chance of voting a good maintenace company in, shouldnt be to difficult with those charges
Peregrine (28th August 2009)
Old 10th August 2009, 08:28   #7 (permalink)
JohnSwain

CJD, no probs, Yeah CLC are selling as well under their Prime Overseas brand which has been in Turkey for a few years but act as an introductory agent to developrers. I went straight to the developer myself.
John
JohnSwain is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 01:13   #8 (permalink)
Non Active Member

mekenon will become famous soon enough mekenon will become famous soon enough

Hi all,
I would have thought that they would not ask for any maintenance charge as the site is so late to be completed and the management let all owners down. They should be paying compensation instead. What a cheek !!!
mekenon is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 10:42   #9 (permalink)

janster is on a distinguished road

Hi jan here
Good luck as to when it comes to money Artev are totaly ruthless, as we know to well.
My husbandhas lost his job as the end of last year and we have been unabel to carry on with the purchease on the site zeus.We have been threatend by them they are holding our money to ransom carry on or lose te money.
There contracts are useless and not leagel.
We re haveing a right fight with them if you want then if you can get all the people to get i touch with the IAPP and complaine to them.
best of luck jan graham
janster is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 12:08   #10 (permalink)

Thanked 1,786 Times in 637 Posts
PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute

You can actually go to court to reduce the voting share of the majority owner on the basis it give unfair control. This was successfully done by myself in Bodrum court and only cost me 50YTL
carolk (28th August 2009), Ceni (26th November 2009), JohnSwain (29th September 2009), SuperBogs (28th August 2009)

Tags
apollonium , bozbuk , charges , clc , club la costa , maintenance , rip , rip off