Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > All About Turkey > Bodrum Forum > Gundogan Forum > Arinna Apartments

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd July 2008, 23:44   #1 (permalink)

ryan is on a distinguished road
Angry Greedy Landowner and builder

Just thought it was about time someone told the story of what is happening at Arinna. My parents bought an apartment (their dream) in what they thought was the most beautifull place they had seen in Bodrum.

It has turned into a nightmare for them and the others thanks to the greed of landowner/ solicitor Fatma Onen and her sidekicks Debbie Koc/ Abbot previously of L&M emlak and her boyfriend Mehmet Yildiz (Kemaloglu Yapi Builders).

The development was due to be completed in December 06 yet 18 months later, work is at a standstill. Worse still, this so-called builder fell out with the original developer/ builder and took all tiles off the roofs last autumn and allowed the winter months to destroy the interiors of the top apartments.

Retaining walls collapsed and the road up to the development somehow shrunk!! Swimming pool was not finished and basically the place is a mess even though some of the lower apartments are usable (to an exent) A meeting was held in March in which they said the developer had no money - yet the landowner is on most of the contracts as responsible if this situation was to happen.

The owners were told that they would have to pay for the development to be finished at a cost of around 2000 each - 36 apartments - 20 owned by UK owners, 12 Landowner and 10 Turkish and Russian owners.

The landowner has another development below Arinna2 that she is building at the moment with this builder- Arinna 4 and there are future Arinnas 3,5 &6 in the pipeline. These are selling at between 175k and 230k - no money??? Everything since this original meeting has been manipulated by the builder and his girlfriend even to the point that she got herself on to the committee as sole chairperson and he as secretary.

This would not have been allowed in the uk but obviously they think they can do what they like. People have been threatened with having their electricity, water cut off, break - ins (both these have already happened to members of TLF who are to worried what they might do next) getting bailiffs in if they dont pay etc etc. These are really NICE PEOPLE!!!!!

Last edited by ryan; 24th July 2008 at 17:19..
ryan is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 24th July 2008, 06:24   #2 (permalink)
Non Active Member

Plops Champion!
Thanked 2,582 Times in 1,022 Posts
bobthenob has disabled reputation
Re: Greedy Landowner and builder

One of the best ways to deal with selfish attitudes like this one, is too go to the press,and reveal all.You will be surprized what they dig up,that can go in your favour.
bobthenob is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 06:39   #3 (permalink)
Cicero

Cicero will become famous soon enough

Have to agree with Bob you should go to the press as long as you are sure of your facts.
Cicero is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 09:32   #4 (permalink)
R.I.P

Thanked 21,098 Times in 7,183 Posts
shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute

Ryan...what a nightmare for all concerned..
it also highlights the problems of either buying off plan or before things have been finished seems theres a lot to be said for buying a place thats finished and been lived in.

i would agree with the others these bad people need to be exposed

Last edited by shirleyanntr; 24th July 2008 at 20:57..
shirleyanntr is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 09:39   #5 (permalink)

Montemaranne is a jewel in the rough Montemaranne is a jewel in the rough Montemaranne is a jewel in the rough

Spot on, Shirley. Ryan - I really feel for your parents and sincerely hope that they manage to get something sorted out.

Last edited by Montemaranne; 7th August 2008 at 09:50..
Montemaranne is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 09:59   #6 (permalink)

ryan is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your replies. I wouldn't know where to start with the Press. Do you mean British Press, Turkish Press or both? These people are ruthless in their endeavour to get money out of the owners. Does anyone know of a way to get Koc and Yildiz off the committee. If we pay them there is no guarantee the work will be done. Last summer, I beleive some of the owners from one estate agent (there were two selling) were forced into paying their last instalments of staged payments so that the developer Mehmet Killic, could finish the build work and swimming pool. Nothing happened at all other than the tiles been taken off the roof. Now, owners are being forced to pay for the replacement of these tiles. You should see the insides of some of these! I dont beleive Fatma Onen, Solicitor from Ankara, (who is supposed to be an honourable woman) has paid her share of the money (she still owns 5 apartments). She has supposedly paid it to the builder in cash and there is no receipt to be seen , only a chit from the builder Yildiz to say he has received it. I know some people are talking to solicitors but getting nowhere fast as they all say the meetings were illegal and to take them to court. But as it takes such a long time, owners are worried that their apartments wont stand another winter, especially if this thuggish builder, Mehmet Yilldiz and his girlfriend Debbie Koc/ Abbott dont get their way.
ryan is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 11:02   #7 (permalink)
Non Active Member

Plops Champion!

Go to your local tabloid,and have a word with the editor.Take the pohtos,and as much evidence that can strengthen your case.Once you have enough against these people then,the publishing can start.
Once the authorities has seen the evidence that has been revealed by,digging in their past,and you will be going to the British press as well.l do think they will jump and,and look into it.Since the tourist industry has already had quite of bit of bad publicity lately,due to the selfish behaviour of a few,that ruins it for the rest.l think they will listen to this one.
You got to remember,that the press must protect themselves from liability,thats why its so important on what you've got is a strong case to publish.
Look at my thread,,in tracking down Terri Wilson.This gave me solid evidence to strengthen my case to go to the press,and l did.l also have gone to the British press,but am still waiting for the replies.
Reveal them,shame them,and convict them.They are stealing your money,thats enough to be classed as a criminal offence.Get together as a force,don't pay them,always take photos of their behaviout at any time,even better a recorder.
Old 24th July 2008, 11:15   #8 (permalink)

OWENA has a spectacular aura about OWENA has a spectacular aura about OWENA has a spectacular aura about

About time someone had the GUTS to say it as it is! I am one of the original byers who still has no Tapu after 3 years and am frightened to say too much in case they try to do anything.
Old 24th July 2008, 11:28   #9 (permalink)
Non Active Member

Plops Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWENA
About time someone had the GUTS to say it as it is! I am one of the original byers who still has no Tapu after 3 years and am frightened to say too much in case they try to do anything.
You probably have a case on this one,because of my suspicions.What the builders and agents do is,work together as one,this could mean they have handed over the tapus to the bank as security to take out more loans.And you will not get these back until the loan is fully paid up to the bank.lf it is not paid up,then the banks have the right to repocess these properties.
lf this is true[and l did see this before]then they are liable to a maximum of 5 years in jail.Go to the agent or whoever is responsible,and say.ls the bank holding our tapu's for security,and when will l be recieving my tapu.Give them a dead line say 2 months,lf you don't come up with my tapu at that time,l will be going to the authorities.The garndarma.
Old 24th July 2008, 11:50   #10 (permalink)

OWENA has a spectacular aura about OWENA has a spectacular aura about OWENA has a spectacular aura about
Re: Arinna Residences - 2,4 And Future Ones.

Thats exactly what they will do - it's already happened to us and a few others off the forum! Very quick to tell you if you dont pay you get your electric and water switched off and we got broken into (a mistake apparently, he thought it was his apartment, but did he not notice that it was furnished or was it the 'furniture fairies' or the very kind builder, who just happened to be his cousin, that had furnished it for him) through the balcony patio door - we are a top apartment! and he stayed there for two days.

Tags
arinna , future , residences