Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 15th June 2017, 13:00   #1 (permalink)

Simon Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 10,814 Times in 5,166 Posts
ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute
Mad street dogs

Kath and I were out on the bike this morning , going down Marina road
We saw some new builds and turned down a side road for a better look, (a friend of ours is on the lookout for a place ). As we did we passed another side road, two street dogs came charging out , one was obviously out for somebody's blood, the bastard charged right at us, I accelerated but the road ran out, so I tried turning round with the view to ram the bugger as he was going for Kath's legs , I turned too fast and the bike went over with us on it
I ended up with the bike on my left foot (luckily my sandal took the brunt but my foot was trapped and I managed to wiggle my foot free )
Kath had turned to try and kick at the dog and consequently landed on her back , feet up in the air , I panicked but luckily for us, 3 people came up from a villa we'd just passed and got me to my feet and after checking Kath hadn't damaged her spine, helped her up too
The guy and two ladies managed to get the bike upright and it has minimal damage ....a small scrape down a bit of the wheel arch and a split foot rest (all easily fixable
I have ended up with scratches and multiple bruises all up my right arm , a scraped puffed up knee and a nice piece of skin missing from my calf , as well as badly bruising my right ribs
Kath ended up with a damaged coxix and a scrorped elbow
We went straight away to the hospital where we had x rays and we are both just badly bruised but it could have been so much worse
I will check in the next few days to see where I report the bloody dogs ....they want putting down, the bugger that came at us wasn't just chasing us like chasing a car, it was after biting us

ted j is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ted j For This Useful Post:
Akasya (15th June 2017), bal canavar (15th June 2017), JanetClarke (17th June 2017)
Old 15th June 2017, 13:06   #2 (permalink)
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

croftj is a splendid one to behold croftj is a splendid one to behold croftj is a splendid one to behold croftj is a splendid one to behold croftj is a splendid one to behold croftj is a splendid one to behold croftj is a splendid one to behold
Re: Mad street dogs

Street dogs remain a big big problem in Altinkum but there's not a solution in site as this has being going on for years. We've stopped doing the beach walk between Altinkum- Yesilkent because one went for us a couple of years ago and there was no one around. It was a big b*****d as well!!
croftj is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to croftj For This Useful Post:
bal canavar (15th June 2017), JanetClarke (17th June 2017)
Old 15th June 2017, 14:08   #3 (permalink)

Thanked 8,369 Times in 3,621 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute

How absolutely frightening. I've owned dogs and like them, but this is not normal behaviour.
Pepper spray?

Worrying is a waste of imagination.
Kanga is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kanga For This Useful Post:
bal canavar (15th June 2017), Hilsjw (16th June 2017), ted j (15th June 2017)
Old 15th June 2017, 15:54   #4 (permalink)
“Je suis l'humanité.”

Thanked 15,284 Times in 6,059 Posts
bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute

I think sometimes it is some restauranteurs fault, they buy pups at the beginning of the season to lure customers/tourists into the entrance of thier restaurants to look at the pup and then sell from their menu .... then at the end of the season there use is at an end, as staff return to their villages and the grown pups are set loose to find thier own food ,and form packs and become feral and dangerous .... the cycle repeats it's self from season to season...............
Akasya (15th June 2017), davem (17th June 2017), Hilsjw (16th June 2017), JanetClarke (17th June 2017), Jaycey (15th June 2017), ted j (15th June 2017)
Old 15th June 2017, 19:13   #5 (permalink)
been here a long time

turkmenow is on a distinguished road

Who would ever put up with Wolves trying to attack you in any city? On a Bike you are just open to being 'open meat' for them. In a car and surrounded by a pack of wolves, they stop traffic. Mothers walking their babies in strollers and scream for help. Of course it is all nonsense. I blame the foreigners that are SO sympathetic for the poor street dogs and this so called 'catch and release' neuter program. Throughout the years the Yabanci comes here for a month and Knit sweaters for the poor animals. At the same time pushing Government programs forward to keep the dogs on the streets all over Turkey.
Dogs on the street and beaches do not have rights, firstly people have rights! I do not want my shoes stolen from them, I do not want their poo-poo on my shoes all the time. I do not want 10 dogs waking me up at 3 a.m. from their noise. Walking or riding a bike in peace is a basic Right and not a wolves privilege.
Have you ever tried to take a Video of a beach setting and because you can not even hear the wind or noise from the sea due to so much barking from dogs? Have you not had dogs walking or laying down on your beach towel?
Have you personally stopped using your Bike or stopped walking down certain roads due to being afraid of a Wild Dog? Of course, we all like Dogs! I love them but for sure I will not put up with a street dog showing his teeth to me. ....But then, I am not a baby or liberal.
Too many people have to sell their 'homes' due to just the NOISE the dogs make. They first Love/love the poor street animals, next they have to sleep with plugs in their ears (in their own homes!!!) and next they have to sell their homes to get a little sleep.
What a very tired subject this is
turkmenow is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to turkmenow For This Useful Post:
Bill & Linda (16th June 2017), croftj (16th June 2017), mollag (16th June 2017)
Old 15th June 2017, 19:31   #6 (permalink)
“Je suis l'humanité.”

Thanked 15,284 Times in 6,059 Posts
bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkmenow View Post
Who would ever put up with Wolves trying to attack you in any city? On a Bike you are just open to being 'open meat' for them. In a car and surrounded by a pack of wolves, they stop traffic. Mothers walking their babies in strollers and scream for help. Of course it is all nonsense. I blame the foreigners that are SO sympathetic for the poor street dogs and this so called 'catch and release' neuter program. Throughout the years the Yabanci comes here for a month and Knit sweaters for the poor animals. At the same time pushing Government programs forward to keep the dogs on the streets all over Turkey.
Dogs on the street and beaches do not have rights, firstly people have rights! I do not want my shoes stolen from them, I do not want their poo-poo on my shoes all the time. I do not want 10 dogs waking me up at 3 a.m. from their noise. Walking or riding a bike in peace is a basic Right and not a wolves privilege.
Have you ever tried to take a Video of a beach setting and because you can not even hear the wind or noise from the sea due to so much barking from dogs? Have you not had dogs walking or laying down on your beach towel?
Have you personally stopped using your Bike or stopped walking down certain roads due to being afraid of a Wild Dog? Of course, we all like Dogs! I love them but for sure I will not put up with a street dog showing his teeth to me. ....But then, I am not a baby or liberal.
Too many people have to sell their 'homes' due to just the NOISE the dogs make. They first Love/love the poor street animals, next they have to sleep with plugs in their ears (in their own homes!!!) and next they have to sell their homes to get a little sleep.
What a very tired subject this is
Is that turkmenow or turk"meow"

Akasya (15th June 2017), janm (15th June 2017), suzyq (15th June 2017)
Old 15th June 2017, 19:31   #7 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 33,377 Times in 15,599 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

I hate to point this out but they are Turkish dogs in Turkey , yabanci do not tuck them under their arm and bring them on holiday.

Indeed many dogs leave Turkey due to the kindness of foreigners.

Turkish problem that the authorities could not give a damn about.

Just want to sit in their offices , drinking tea and having pictures taken.

Get real.

Steve
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Akasya For This Useful Post:
bal canavar (15th June 2017), JanetClarke (17th June 2017), janm (16th June 2017), Jaycey (15th June 2017), Kanga (16th June 2017)
Old 16th June 2017, 05:31   #8 (permalink)

Thanked 10,530 Times in 4,095 Posts
Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute

I must say we had a very disturbed night with so many dogs barking almost all night & to top it all off when the mosque went off at 4am all the dogs howled in protest. It really was the last straw and we just laughed our heads off.
Hilsjw is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 06:24   #9 (permalink)

Simon Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 10,814 Times in 5,166 Posts
ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute

I put the exact same post on facebook
Most people were fine but there was around a dozen who were saying things like
"You must have done something to antagonise them"
"Maybe you should move back to the UK"
"I can tell what kind of people you are by .....Kath tried to kick out at the bigger one"
"You should have tried to make friends with them"

These were feral and will be reported , we were only doing walking pace as we were looking at properties , these ran out of a side road snarling, I sped up then a distance away stopped thinking they would give up but they carried on at full speed after us, I tried to turn the bike but was travelling just too fast , the bike skidded on the gravel and went over .....the noise frightened them off if it hadn't , we'd have been savaged .........some people are delusional

ted j is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ted j For This Useful Post:
Akasya (16th June 2017), Bill & Linda (16th June 2017), croftj (16th June 2017), immac (16th June 2017), jakebeak (16th June 2017), JanetClarke (17th June 2017), Kingfisher (18th June 2017), mollag (16th June 2017), pepperkat (16th June 2017), yalimart (16th June 2017)
Old 16th June 2017, 06:58   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member Has-Been

Thanked 9,674 Times in 3,636 Posts
immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute

You can get pepper spray in sporting shops - often called CS Sprey, but not sure it is real CS Gas. Also on Gittigidiyor.com as Biber Gazi:

* 6l? Paket % 25 Indirimli* Jenix Biber Gaz? Göz Ya?art?c? Sprey 95a0004 GittiGidiyor'da 289217507

Ian
immac is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to immac For This Useful Post:
Kanga (16th June 2017), ted j (16th June 2017)

Tags
dogs , mad , street