FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > Turkish Moves > Ask A Turkey Related Question

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th August 2012, 19:16   #1 (permalink)

Thanked 4,318 Times in 1,756 Posts
Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute
Comparative prices of ports in Turkey

I'm not sure whether this is the right place to put this so mods, if ıt ısn't, then please move it to where it might get some replies.

I know friends of friends who live on their boat and have been touring the world for several years. They are coming to Turkey later this year and want to take some time exploring Turkey inland. They were thinking of leaving their boat in a port in Turkey and want to know where is the least expensive port to leave their boat.

Dos anybody have any ideas? Thank you in advance.
Kingfisher is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 13th August 2012, 19:33   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 1,270 Times in 834 Posts
Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of
Re: Comparative prices of ports in Turkey

Tell them to look on here. Also plenty of advice on clearing into Turkey and where and how easy it is now for visiting yachtsmen to obtain a residency visa

**Internal Linking (Forums/Categories) **Internal Linking (Forums/Categories)
Chinook is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chinook For This Useful Post:
Kingfisher (13th August 2012)
Old 13th August 2012, 19:58   #3 (permalink)

Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for that Chinoook, I'll pass on the information. They are French so dıifferent visa rules might apply but it looks like a very useful place to start.
Kingfisher is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2012, 20:39   #4 (permalink)
CJD

CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of CJD has much to be proud of

what type of boat do they have? do they want to take it out of the water
or just want a safe mooring, when are they arriving and how long are they
planning to stay. I may know of a reasonable mooring
Kingfisher (16th August 2012)
Old 13th August 2012, 21:51   #5 (permalink)
Life is so precious

Thanked 22,156 Times in 10,009 Posts
Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute

Any idea of where they wish to moor, of course different areas, different rates, but an idea of where would be a starter.
Old 13th August 2012, 22:37   #6 (permalink)

Thanked 1,270 Times in 834 Posts
Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of

Quote:
Any idea of where they wish to moor, of course different areas, different rates, but an idea of where would be a starter.
Sounds like they are looking for a marina berth rather than to moor or lay to their anchor as they wish to leave the boat for a period of time . I would certainly not want to leave my boat for any length of time at anchor or on a strange mooring unless I knew exactly what was the condition of the riser , swivels, chain on the legs and anchors was

Last edited by Chinook; 13th August 2012 at 22:39..
Chinook is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chinook For This Useful Post:
Sunny Seasider (13th August 2012)
Old 13th August 2012, 22:47   #7 (permalink)
Life is so precious

Thanked 22,156 Times in 10,009 Posts
Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute

Same thoughts by moor I meant in a Marina, sorry, to anchor down you would need to known the area etc and the movement, I could for e.g. ask in the Yalikavak area to give them an idea.
Old 14th August 2012, 04:47   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJD View Post
what type of boat do they have? do they want to take it out of the water
or just want a safe mooring, when are they arriving and how long are they
planning to stay. I may know of a reasonable mooring
All I know is that it is for next year and they are planning to stay several months. They have an interesting blog which I follow from tıime to time - their boat is this : Le petit monde de Troll

I think the best thing is that I send them a link to this forum where they can ask their questions themselves and find out what the best solution for them is.

Thank you to everyone for their replies.
Kingfisher is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2012, 07:40   #9 (permalink)

Thanked 12,355 Times in 4,234 Posts
teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Our 8.1/2 metre sits at Teos Marina TEOS Marina | Anasayfa

I can't remember how much we paid last year, but it's a great Marina in a pretty village with good local airport links, only 45 minutes to Adnan Menderes Izmir airport. The prices seem to be advertised on the website link, but I would advise your friends to check with an email.
A couple of years ago I interviewed an elderly Turkish chap who lives on a boat which was built back in the UK. He decided to stay in Sigacik as the Marina service and facilities were, in his words, "the best in the Aegean". His second favourite Marina in Turkey is somewhere off the coast of Marmaris (but not the main Marmaris Marina). He also claims Sigacik is the cheapest for the service provided.

Charlotte
teosgirl is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teosgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 14th August 2012, 07:45   #10 (permalink)
Living in Paradise!

SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold

The Marinas here now are getting more and more expensive. Apparently the new Didim Marina are still up for negotiating a deal.

I think they will be better off emailing several marinas for quotes before making a decision.
SonnyJim is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SonnyJim For This Useful Post:

Tags
comparative , ports , prices , turkey