Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 3rd November 2019, 12:00   #2641 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

Thanked 9,236 Times in 4,443 Posts
IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Watch The Lira Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemerkid View Post
I simply replied to the post from kanga. If I say there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, do you expect me to take you there. The forum angst is rubbing off on you by the look of it Abi.
This is, or was an open forum. If you don't like what I post then ignor it, or since it is in your power why not just remove it. I personally am very disappointed in you.
It is not about liking or not liking content. I can happily ignroe comments, or indeed threads. If you look at any post that I make which includes a link, there is (most of the time) a sentence of two which informs the members what it will be about and they can choose whether to click on it or not. I am just curious to find which company has gone bust. I am concerned about the large Turkish companies which are closing down. recent ones have been kutahiya porcelain, Pamukkale buses.
Camden (3rd November 2019), j in bo (Yesterday)
Old 3rd November 2019, 12:28   #2642 (permalink)
________

Thanked 9,881 Times in 4,739 Posts
kemerkid has disabled reputation

Enough Abi, I made a comment but the only link I could have posted was the name of the newspaper and you don't read newspapers or so you say. Besides enooch provided the comany name suggesting that he does read newspapers too.
The watchword here at the moment is caution in what you post regarding events here. I do provide links to stories when I consider it necassery, in this case it was a throw away comment.
If you want to argue the point further, discuss it with your other friends on here but not me!

Life’s journey leads to many crossroads.
Success and happiness is knowing which direction to take.
kemerkid is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2019, 11:53   #2643 (permalink)

Thanked 3,754 Times in 1,812 Posts
Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute

I sure the boss took that well (not) ... I am surprised he did not use his blackmail politics of sending a few thousand refugees to Greece , that should have had the EU states back tracking on the cuts....

EU cuts over 1 billion euros in funds for Turkey in two years

The European Union has cut a total of 1.2 billion euros ($ 1.33 billion) in funds allocated to Turkey since 2017, Euro News Turkish reported on Monday.

The cuts are a result of Turkey’s lack of progress in reforms and fundamental rights and freedoms, it said.

The absence of Turkey developed projects in compliance with EU standards to advance democratic values is another reason for the axe, Euro News cited a high-level official at the European Commission (EC) as saying.

The EC’s annual report in May said Turkey experienced a considerable backslide with regard to the rule of law and the judiciary, fundamental rights, economic institutions, anti-corruption measures, media freedom and other areas.

In 2018, the EU had cut 759 million euros ($ 845 million), 40 percent of the allocated budget, of pre-accession financial assistance to Turkey.

As discussions on the EU’s 2021-2027 budget continue, financial aid for Turkey could be further reduced if the country does not implement reforms, Euro News Turkish said.

The European Parliament had called on EU leaders to formally suspend Turkey's accession talks in March.

Turkey first applied to become an EU member in 1987 with official accession negotiations beginning in 2005.

https://ahvalnews.com/eu-turkey/eu-c...rkey-two-years

Last edited by Camden; 5th November 2019 at 12:00..
Camden is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camden For This Useful Post:
Akasya (5th November 2019), Jaycey (5th November 2019)
Old 5th November 2019, 14:59   #2644 (permalink)

Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by enoch View Post

Kemal Tanca applied for the concordat to Istanbul Commercial court of First Instance.

Hope you don't mind me putting this on Kemerkid
Add to that just in the past months ...Bosphorus Hotel Les Ottomans, Smart phone manufacturer Telpa, Ship builders Selah Shipyard,..... Yeni Elektrik Üretim A.Ş.Temizocak,and Izmir's 83 year year old Temizocak Jewelers and Precision Casting.Kayseri Boldera Furniture opened half a century ago which exported to 22 countries. The 43 year old Baysan Transformer Boilers Industry . Ankara's Poyraz Construction with projects in Turkey and abroad, Campaign Elektronik Cihazları Tic. all asked for concordat filing due to deteriorating lira valuation to hard currency ....and of course the 1950 established shoemaker& retailer...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Camden For This Useful Post:
Akasya (5th November 2019), enoch (5th November 2019), Jaycey (5th November 2019)
Old 5th November 2019, 15:33   #2645 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

Thanked 9,236 Times in 4,443 Posts
IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute

I know that many Turks, especially those on fixed incomes, are finding it hard to make ends meet, but we went to the weekly market on Sunday in our county town and were surprised at the relatively low price of vegetables. I am looking at it from the view of the producer. We bought mushrooms at 10TL kilo (transport about 140km), spuds at 2.5 TL/kg (transport about 80km), cauli at 4TL each, broccoli at 5TL/kg, Fresh coriander 3TL/bunch (travelled about 160km), tomatoes are still 2TL/kg. How can farmers make money at this? In Turkey there is no such thing as subsidized fuel for tractors, many farmers have to use electricity for irrigation.
Harem (7th November 2019), Hilsjw (6th November 2019), j in bo (7th November 2019)
Old 6th November 2019, 18:37   #2646 (permalink)
McB

McB has a spectacular aura about McB has a spectacular aura about

Erdogan: Turkey To Finish Testing Digital Lira In 2020
McB is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McB For This Useful Post:
Camden (7th November 2019), christopher1414 (7th November 2019), immac (7th November 2019)
Old 7th November 2019, 05:43   #2647 (permalink)

Thanked 9,682 Times in 3,642 Posts
Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I.A. We thought the produce in our local Friday market was extremely cheap & very good quality. I guess a family could eat quite well on say, £20.00 a week. Plenty of fresh vegetables but not much meat. Healthy !
Hilsjw is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hilsjw For This Useful Post:
Harem (7th November 2019), IbrahimAbi (7th November 2019)
Old 7th November 2019, 13:26   #2648 (permalink)

Might be the way ahead ( though schemes or policy by this Govt don't instill me with confidence) but with the state of the lira, plus the fact most young Turks I know or worked with are quite knowledgeable having used crypto currencies before with both them using it and advising their family of the likes of Bitcoin as another way to guard against losses in the recent unofficial inflation rate ....
Old Yesterday, 16:25   #2649 (permalink)

Thanked 1,642 Times in 996 Posts
enoch has a brilliant future enoch has a brilliant future enoch has a brilliant future enoch has a brilliant future enoch has a brilliant future enoch has a brilliant future enoch has a brilliant future enoch has a brilliant future enoch has a brilliant future enoch has a brilliant future enoch has a brilliant future

Ziraat bank .Turkeys biggest state run bank saw its profits decline by almost a third ,in the first three quarters of the year
enoch is online now send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enoch For This Useful Post:
Camden (Yesterday), immac (Yesterday), LauraB (Today)
Old Yesterday, 18:00   #2650 (permalink)

Turkish.....Foreign debt to be paid back in a year 121 billion dollars
18/11/2019

Turkey's short-term external debt shows debt to be paid within one year, an increase of 6 percent.

Reuters.....According to Central Bank data, the short-term debt stemming from banks decreased by 0.4 percent to 56.9 billion dollars, while non-bank sectors' short-term external debt rose by 12.8 percent to 58 billion dollars.

While the short-term debt of the public sector was 22.5 billion dollars, the private sector's short-term external debt increased by 7.4 percent to 90.4 billion dollars.

Short-term external debt of 50.9 percent of the dollar, 30.4 percent of the euro, 13 percent of the debt consisted of pounds.

On the other hand, as of the end of July, short-term external debt was recorded as $ 172.5 billion, based on the remaining maturity, calculated using external debt data, one year or less remaining, regardless of the original maturity.

When evaluated on a borrower basis, it was observed that the public sector had a share of 18.2 percent, the Central Bank had a 3.7 percent share and the private sector had a 78.1 percent share.
Bir y?lda ödenmesi gereken d?? borç 121 milyar dolar - Diken

Turkey’s 2020 budget: a new impending danger

It seems that the government is once again betting on ‘global opportunities’. Dice in hand, it is eagerly putting its money on a quite worn out chance, dating from days when loans were cheap and plenty: What if it happens this time!

https://www.duvarenglish.com/columns...ending-danger/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Camden For This Useful Post:
enoch (Yesterday), immac (Yesterday), LauraB (Today)

Tags
lira , watch