Classified Ads
  Egyptian Living Forum
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Save on your hotel - www.hotelscombined.com
Old 7th December 2016, 13:22   #481 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 28,024 Times in 11,499 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Watch The Lira Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbrahimAbi View Post
Immediately after the referendum I heard stories about Brits being stranded when hotels and restaurants were refusing to take their sterling credit cards
Stories? Greece in many garages & shops were not taking credit cards at least three or four years ago, I know because I was there. You couldn't fill your car up until you told them how you was going to pay.

Here's fact, the then & now.

1 GBP/EUR = 1.2274 EUR on 27/04/2012
1 GBP/EUR = 1.17404 EUR on 06/12/2016

Of course people can quote the Dollar but next to the Pound regional wise is the Euro.

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2016, 13:25   #482 (permalink)
20 - 12 - 3

Thanked 17,226 Times in 7,378 Posts
yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by christella View Post
i have £35k invested in this https://www.wellesley.co.uk/
brings me in £150 a month tax free its in my wife's name ok the interest rate is not so good as it was when i took it out
Thought that was unregulated and your money has no protection, good if you are happy to take that risk, I'm wouldn't that's for sure, but good luck with it.

Martin

3 Trophies in 10 days
yalimart is online now send PM Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2016, 13:36   #483 (permalink)

Thanked 5,994 Times in 2,564 Posts
suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute

The impact of a weak Turkish Lira on inflation will likely become visible by the first quarter of 2017, but the impact will mainly depend on the pace of economic activity, Central Bank Gov. Murat Çetinkaya said Dec. 6.

Turkey may start to see weak lira?s impact in early 2017, but economic activity to matter: CB - FINANCE
suzyq is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2016, 14:01   #484 (permalink)

Thanked 1,229 Times in 631 Posts
christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by yalimart View Post
Thought that was unregulated and your money has no protection, good if you are happy to take that risk, I'm wouldn't that's for sure, but good luck with it.

Martin
No different than playing the stock market
Read it properly nobody has defaulted
That's what life is all about if you don't take a chance
Old 7th December 2016, 14:09   #485 (permalink)
20 - 12 - 3

Thanked 17,226 Times in 7,378 Posts
yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by christella View Post
No different than playing the stock market
Read it properly nobody has defaulted
That's what life is all about if you don't take a chance
That's my point chris, most people I know wouldn't touch it, you really have to be able to say "it's only money" if you lose it all, just like the stock market, it's about attitude to risk after all

Martin

3 Trophies in 10 days
yalimart is online now send PM Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2016, 14:24   #486 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 28,024 Times in 11,499 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute

I've looked into various schemes/investments since coming back to the UK AND nearly took the leap a couple of times. Finally we have put those ideas/thoughts to bed, its not only Turkish emlaks who can be crooked, PPI, BHS, RBS etc comes to mind.
Once its gone it will cost you big money to try & get it back. The only thing I would exchange my (better say "our") money for is gold & nothing else.

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2016, 14:32   #487 (permalink)

Thanked 1,229 Times in 631 Posts
christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of christella has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by yalimart View Post
That's my point chris, most people I know wouldn't touch it, you really have to be able to say "it's only money" if you lose it all, just like the stock market, it's about attitude to risk after all

Martin
but you would not lose it all nobody ever has in peer to peer
thats why i said read it properly i would rather have my money tied up i n
this than a turkish bank
Old 7th December 2016, 16:10   #488 (permalink)
“Je suis l'humanité.”

Thanked 13,161 Times in 5,075 Posts
bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute

This is what happens when an AKP President tries to micro-manage and implement politico/religious dogma control over , and override the CHP policy of independence, of Turkey's Central Bank .

Turkish Lira's Collapse Weighs on Central Bank - Bloomberg
bal canavar is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2016, 16:20   #489 (permalink)
African refugee

Thanked 15,886 Times in 7,968 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by teosgirl View Post
With no end in sight?

I said a downward trend with no end in sight.

Isn't that a bit dramatic considering the fact that no currency has 'an end in sight'.

Tell that to Mr Mugabe, he’ll be greatly chuffed

The problem seems to be that you're looking at how the sterling has performed against the dollar for the past 2 years.

The 5 year figures in #442 show a continued downward trend… British Pound Forecast 2016-2020

How would you feel about how the sterling has performed against the lira for the past 2 years.

You are comparing two weak currencies against each other – the GBP is stronger that the TL but that doesn’t make it one of the strongest currencies in the world!

There's more to the world of currency than just dollars.

The US$ is the benchmark against which all other currencies are measured.

I STILL, stand by my comment, ONE of the strongest currencies in the world.

The consistency of your inability to reason is admirable but lacking logic.

Charlotte
Sorry if I have confused you with facts.
Old 7th December 2016, 16:22   #490 (permalink)
African refugee

Thanked 15,886 Times in 7,968 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs View Post
Charlotte, within the last two years I have used the Pound (cash) on booking a ferry in Greece at the port terminal, having a meal in a restaurant in Italy & buying the wife a coat in Paris..........that's how good our Pound is, very few currencies have that power.
How does the fact that you paid for these goods/services in GBP make it a strong & stable currency?

Quote:
Of course people can quote the Dollar but next to the Pound regional wise is the Euro.
Only if you want to compare two sinking currencies.

Quote:
That's the same with ALL currencies, they fluctuate. That's what has been going on in Turkey from the year dot.
When a currency loses 30% of its value it’s not a fluctuation it’s a disaster.

Tags
lira , watch