MUGGY ONE

Guaranti, how to trans TL to sterling acct
Hi

I am trying to trans my TL to sterling account. Guaranti have told me to go on the Investment tab then Currency menu (but there isn't one). I then want to send the money to the UK via SWIFT.

Can anyone give me an "idiots guide" of how to do it please?

Thanks (in advance)

I want to transfer the money and close the account but I am in the UK and they say they need me to sign to close account, which I can't do so thought it was best to just trans funds back in the meantime

Last edited:

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
You need to change it to Sterling first on their website. Put it into your sterling account and then, as a separate transaction make the transfer. You will need to have either a swift code or an IBAN number for your UK bank account handy. Good luck

juco

Its confusing it took me days to get through it as I had never done it before.

I think initially you need "to buy" sterling (using your TL) and it then goes in to your sterling account, as you cant transfer TL to a sterling account.

BEZ

Go on the home page along the top there is a investment tab click on this and scroll down buy sell foreign currency this will allow you to buy or sell sterling assuming of course you have a sterling account ?Not sure on Sending money back to the UK .

Mushroom

The buying and selling bit is fairly easy and second nature with a bit of regular usage, BUT I haven't yet tried to move any sterling back to the UK using the Swift account. I've had a mock run to see what problems there might be and all went well up to me putting in my UK bank Iban number, which located our bank, but I think if I am reading the internet daily limits correctly, we aren't going to be able to move more than a few hundred pounds daily, so a larger sum would take weeks AND as I haven't tried it yet, I don't know a what the charges are for sending from Garanti or the charge for receiving from our UK bank, assuming all goes well.
Does anyone have any recent experience of doing a Swift transfer of Sterling from Garanti to the UK to advise please?

juco

Giranti will allow many thousands of Sterling to be transferred to the uk bank in one transaction.
I think we paid 50TL at Turkish end and maybe £15 at uk end.

sasha

Hi
My friend sold her property in Turkey and money was paid in to her TL account at Garanti. They wouldn't let them transfer it to Uk without a "wet signature" so she had to send a Signed letter to them before she could get her money. Think a lot depends on what type of account you have and maybe some branches are more pedantic than others. Hope you get it sorted without too much hassle.

mumms

We transferred money from our Garanti TL account to our sterling account then transferred a small amount as a test to our Barclays account the charge was 55tl plus £20 we asked if the charges would change depending on amounts and were told it was a set fee.If it's a large amount be aware that the bank will let the tax man know because of new laws to do with money laundering.Also be carful when you change your money you can Stand to loose quite a bit. If we changed our money today we would loose £9,000.

MUGGY ONE

Thanks all. Managed to do it. It cost 55TL Guaranti end, not sure if there will be a charge UK end. There is now 5TL in the account and Guaranti say they can't close the account with the 5TL in it (I told them they could give the 5TL to a charity of their choice, but they won't). Does anyone know if I can close the account from the UK? Thanks again.

BEZ

Check also what your daily limit is set at mine was quite low 2500 lira , you have to go into the branch to increase your limit , you can see your daily limit in settings

Latest Posts

Top Bottom