Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 20th February 2020, 12:05   #1 (permalink)

Thanked 3,168 Times in 1,124 Posts
WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute
Teb secure code sms

I am just wondering whether anybody can come up with a solution to a really annoying problem being experienced at present. As with most banks I suppose, access to internet banking is governed by entering security details and having a one time passcode sent via sms to the user's registered mobile number. For 2 years now I have been entring the same details and had no problem with receiving the security sms code from the bank. Up until 4 weeks ago that is.

I still enter the correct details and the bank tells me it has sent an sms passcode but nothing is received. I thought it maybe a problem with my phone but no - as i am still receiving an sms security code from my other bank with no problems.

i have contacted ther local manager who in turn has contacted the head office in Istanbul . They confirmed that sms messages have been sent every time I have tried to access via internet banking. They say nothing is at fault at their end.

Any idea as to what the problem is due to ?
WIDDRINGTON is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 20th February 2020, 12:08   #2 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

Thanked 13,332 Times in 6,357 Posts
IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Teb secure code sms

Are you in Turkey?
Old 21st February 2020, 03:48   #3 (permalink)

sybil plessey is a name known to all sybil plessey is a name known to all sybil plessey is a name known to all sybil plessey is a name known to all sybil plessey is a name known to all sybil plessey is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbrahimAbi View Post
Are you in Turkey?
Unfortunately not Ibrahim - that is my major problem. I am in Australia lol.
sybil plessey is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2020, 03:52   #4 (permalink)
Leo

Thanked 1,047 Times in 364 Posts
Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of

having not had a problem in years, I too have experienced this for the last couple of days. I'm currently in New Zealand.

I have asked the bank to call me on WhatsApp to try to find a solution - So that will be a late night with the time difference eh....
Leo is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2020, 05:41   #5 (permalink)

sybil plessey is a name known to all sybil plessey is a name known to all sybil plessey is a name known to all sybil plessey is a name known to all sybil plessey is a name known to all sybil plessey is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
having not had a problem in years, I too have experienced this for the last couple of days. I'm currently in New Zealand.

I have asked the bank to call me on WhatsApp to try to find a solution - So that will be a late night with the time difference eh....
QUOTE=Leo;1223425]having not had a problem in years, I too have experienced this for the last couple of days. I'm currently in New Zealand.

I have asked the bank to call me on WhatsApp to try to find a solution - So that will be a late night with the time difference eh....[/QUOTE]

Hi Leo. We have just left New Zealand and didn't experience a problem there until 4.2 .20. We arrived in Australia on 6.2.20. and had no access since. My hubbie has been dealing with this and he contacted the local TEB manager. He got a reply from Head Office to say there was no problem at TEB end and received copies of "send reports"😀 from Turkcell indicating that SMS messages had indeed been sent to his phone. But nothing has come through. Your post doesn't solve his problem but at least seems to indicate that the problem is from Turkey? Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 07:12   #6 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

Thanked 13,332 Times in 6,357 Posts
IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute

It may be a problem with sending international sms. I have a friend in France to whom I cannot send an sms, but when the missus was in the UK recently I could sms her. the wife's phone has an internet package, and also money on her phone, but she needs to add another package to sms to her brother in the UK. Odd really, I cannot follow it, it seems to be a scam to raise more money by the mobile phone service providers
Old 21st February 2020, 08:36   #7 (permalink)

bulldogxbmc is a jewel in the rough bulldogxbmc is a jewel in the rough bulldogxbmc is a jewel in the rough bulldogxbmc is a jewel in the rough

I'm presuming that you haven't already installed and setup the TEB App (actually called CEPTETEB) on your phone, as this only requires a password and not an SMS code?
bulldogxbmc is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2020, 08:56   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbrahimAbi View Post
It may be a problem with sending international sms. I have a friend in France to whom I cannot send an sms, but when the missus was in the UK recently I could sms her. the wife's phone has an internet package, and also money on her phone, but she needs to add another package to sms to her brother in the UK. Odd really, I cannot follow it, it seems to be a scam to raise more money by the mobile phone service providers
Possibly. My husband is with TEB - we also have a joint a/c with HSBC . We get SMS no problem from HSBC- both from Turkey and the UK. It is a strange one as all was ok with TEB for the 1st 2 months in NZ.
Old 22nd February 2020, 04:23   #9 (permalink)
Leo

Thanked 1,047 Times in 364 Posts
Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of

Success!

Yes, we have the app (which you can set-up to either SMS code or to fingerprint recognition). Our problem was that having put all of the info in on the app - it would not open the account info as it said that the info was wrong ?

We WhatsApp text'd to the manager who arranged for them to re-set the security details. TEB then sent us a text with a code, which we had to tell them online - so that they could verify we were who we said we were etc, and then sent the reset code.

All done in 2 mins in the end.

Interestingly, they said that whilst they were not aware of any issues with the TEB systems, they did think that some people had experienced some access problems after the recent apple IOS update (which I had completed just before - so they may have a point).
Leo is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post:
bulldogxbmc (22nd February 2020)

Tags
code , secure , sms , teb