Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 8th May 2020, 08:42   #31 (permalink)

bulldogxbmc is just really nice bulldogxbmc is just really nice bulldogxbmc is just really nice bulldogxbmc is just really nice
Re: HELP !! I have no Kimlik number

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo80 View Post
https://tckimlik.nvi.gov.tr/Modul/TcKimlikNoDogrula

First name .Adi
Surname .Soyad

Birthday .Dogum gun
Birth month.Dogum ay
Birth year.Dogum Yili.

Fill it in as you might have it .?
The first thing it asks for is your TC Kimlik Number which is what you're trying to find out, the field has to be filled in. Tried Turkish Tax Number but it won't accept that:

bulldogxbmc is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bulldogxbmc For This Useful Post:
Gary&Ellie (11th May 2020)
Old 8th May 2020, 10:51   #32 (permalink)
Non Active Member

Thanked 1,871 Times in 655 Posts
Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to know that to apply for a Kimlik, you have to produce your Kimlik number !!
After a couple of hours in the wee small hours I was able to establish that I can 'buy' GBP to a maximum of 150,000TL which is fine, although the bank buy rates are always poor and there is 299TL tax taken during the transaction.
I can then send the princely maximum equivalent of 3500TL by Swift/Iban to my UK bank account daily.
The cost per transaction is 130TL for the transfer and I think First direct charge 10 to receive it.
This would take about 9 months if I were to do a transaction every day and the overall costs would be about 7500 !!
There was mention of keeping the dosh in a Garanti high interest account. That's where it has been living for the past 3 years and it now struggles to pay 6% after tax.
Harem, I have sent you a PM.
Mushroom is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mushroom For This Useful Post:
Gary&Ellie (11th May 2020), Harem (8th May 2020)
Old 8th May 2020, 11:07   #33 (permalink)

bulldogxbmc is just really nice bulldogxbmc is just really nice bulldogxbmc is just really nice bulldogxbmc is just really nice

Watch out for the exchange rate outside of banking hours as the buy/sell gap widens then.
You need to look at the overall amount that you actually receive after all charges and exchange rate.
bulldogxbmc is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bulldogxbmc For This Useful Post:
Gary&Ellie (11th May 2020), Mushroom (8th May 2020)
Old 11th May 2020, 11:32   #34 (permalink)
Non Active Member

Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute Mushroom has a reputation beyond repute

I spoke to a very helpful man at TransferWise today about the Kimlik issue.
There is no way TransferWise can offer any alternative to me to send any money personally as it is a regulation set by the Turkish authorities.
He did however state that if I know of a reliable and trustworthy person who has a Kimlik number, they can send money on my behalf and it can be routed to go straight to my UK account, not to a third party one, so at least I have a short term plan - not brilliant but my reliable and trustworthy friend is assisting and I am very grateful.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mushroom For This Useful Post:
enoch (11th May 2020), Gary&Ellie (11th May 2020), Harem (11th May 2020), IbrahimAbi (11th May 2020), ted j (11th May 2020)
Old 11th May 2020, 12:24   #35 (permalink)

Thanked 3,728 Times in 2,175 Posts
enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
I spoke to a very helpful man at TransferWise today about the Kimlik issue.
There is no way TransferWise can offer any alternative to me to send any money personally as it is a regulation set by the Turkish authorities.
He did however state that if I know of a reliable and trustworthy person who has a Kimlik number, they can send money on my behalf and it can be routed to go straight to my UK account, not to a third party one, so at least I have a short term plan - not brilliant but my reliable and trustworthy friend is assisting and I am very grateful.
That's right, if you use transferwise there is no third bank.The stronger lira today will will give you a better rate .Best of luck.
enoch is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enoch For This Useful Post:
Gary&Ellie (11th May 2020), Mushroom (11th May 2020)
Old 12th May 2020, 16:17   #36 (permalink)
Non Active Member

Don't you just love an happy ending?
I made contact with an old friend in Gulluk yesterday and having had no response from random people I spoke to over the phone in the Gulluk Branch of Garanti, she gave me the direct Whatsapp contact number for a gent called Erkan who works there and is the English speaking customer advisor.
I rang him this morning and asked if it would be possible to increase all my daily transfer limits, in particular my SWIFT (Iban - Bank to UK Bank) which had been stuck on 3500TL a day.
He suggested that I sent a signed and scanned letter with that request to his e-mail address, which I did shortly afterwards and by lunchtime I received a text saying all had gone to maximum- the same limits as being in the bank.
With the exception of leaving a bit of beer money for when I next return, I have exchanged TL to GBP at what I considered a decent rate in the current circumstances and cleared it out. It has gone on it's merry way to the UK at a cost of 15 in TL and 6 for each of two transactions to be received by First Direct.
I have now to break the news about the motorhome to my good lady when she gets in from her usual busy day on the frontline of the NHS.
Thanks to all those who gave advice and thanks to Harem for her kind assistance when it looked like it was going to take months and a small fortune to send it home.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mushroom For This Useful Post:
A89 (13th May 2020), abba (12th May 2020), Efesake (12th May 2020), enoch (12th May 2020), Harem (13th May 2020), IbrahimAbi (12th May 2020), saoirse (13th May 2020)
Old 12th May 2020, 16:21   #37 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

Thanked 13,817 Times in 6,562 Posts
IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget to update with a pic of the motorhome.
Mushroom (12th May 2020)
Old 12th May 2020, 22:15   #38 (permalink)

Thanked 3,728 Times in 2,175 Posts
enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
Don't you just love an happy ending?
I made contact with an old friend in Gulluk yesterday and having had no response from random people I spoke to over the phone in the Gulluk Branch of Garanti, she gave me the direct Whatsapp contact number for a gent called Erkan who works there and is the English speaking customer advisor.
I rang him this morning and asked if it would be possible to increase all my daily transfer limits, in particular my SWIFT (Iban - Bank to UK Bank) which had been stuck on 3500TL a day.
He suggested that I sent a signed and scanned letter with that request to his e-mail address, which I did shortly afterwards and by lunchtime I received a text saying all had gone to maximum- the same limits as being in the bank.
With the exception of leaving a bit of beer money for when I next return, I have exchanged TL to GBP at what I considered a decent rate in the current circumstances and cleared it out. It has gone on it's merry way to the UK at a cost of 15 in TL and 6 for each of two transactions to be received by First Direct.
I have now to break the news about the motorhome to my good lady when she gets in from her usual busy day on the frontline of the NHS.
Thanks to all those who gave advice and thanks to Harem for her kind assistance when it looked like it was going to take months and a small fortune to send it home.
The cost is a lot cheaper than transferwise.
If it goes through with no extra cost with a third party bank will you please post ,because my bank does almost mid range on currency exchange. Pleased it all went well in the end.
enoch is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enoch For This Useful Post:
A89 (13th May 2020), Mushroom (13th May 2020)
Old 13th May 2020, 06:03   #39 (permalink)
A89

Thanked 2,617 Times in 1,120 Posts
A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute A89 has a reputation beyond repute

Great news! Well done! Just goes to show what a load of BS 2 different banks told me & my friend when we were sending our money . They both insisted Turkey had a new law that stated the daily limit for internet transactions could not be increased.
Very pleased you sorted it in the end.

alison
A89 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2020, 09:12   #40 (permalink)
Non Active Member

I think that the problem, Alison, is that you have encountered people as we all do from time to time, who basically can't be arsed and see it as hassle.
I found a rarity yesterday - someone with a 'can do' attitude rather than a 'can't do'.
I have just clicked on the mouse to send the final amount of GBP back to the UK, which is a bit strange after sending it the opposite way about 14/15 years ago.
I have left enough in the TL account and GBP account to be able to buy a few Efes when we return next, but other than that - all gone. I haven't a clue when we will be back and now as the funds are arriving back in the UK, I think the way things are going, I might as well buy some premium bonds and stick the rest in a tin somewhere !!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mushroom For This Useful Post:
enoch (13th May 2020)

Tags
kimlik , number