lorraine

Non Active Member
Bodrum Beaches and resorts
What is the best beach area in Bodrum, all you members are keeping this info far too quiet time to share the secret!!!

post some photos to the threads if not i am going to raid you photo albums..:lol: I have read threads stating "we have purchased" etc.. so now I want to know why. Yes my signature says nosey!

Gail

Lorraine the beach in Bodrum is kept very quiet because there isn't one :lol: :lol: There is a very short patch of "kind of sand" but there isn't an actual beach in Bodrum. Bodrum has quite a big harbour which is really busy with ferries and boat and lots of market stalls around but the locals call Gumbet, Bodrum's beach. The beach in Gumbet is nice but far too busy for me these days.

parrot

I'm surprised Gail hasn't mentioned Turgutreis,lovely beach,beautiful marina,nice seafront walks,rugged mountain back drop and fantastic sunsets.I also like the quaintness of Yalikavak,nice front,marina and nice walks and an absolutely breathtaking view about two miles outside Yalikavak approaching from Bodrum. :) :) :)

sandpearse

Bolton Born and Bred
Ortakent Yahsi beach, is lovely, definately worth the short dolmus ride from Bodrum. Mostly locals, hardly any tourists at all, bliss!

Gail

sandpearse said:
Ortakent Yahsi beach, is lovely, definately worth the short dolmus ride from Bodrum. Mostly locals, hardly any tourists at all, bliss!

This beach is supposed to be secret shhhhhhhhhhhhh :lol:

kaplumba

Carry on round the corner from Yashi beach (you can walk it on the coast path) and you'll find Camel beach and yes there is a camel farm there, oh the babies are gorgeous. The beach is lovely but not in high season as loads of gulets pile in and the place can get packed.

lynne

Gundogan has a lovely big 'U' shaped bay with beaches all along it.
The best kept secret is Eagle beach on left hand side of the bay..........not much sand but jetties with sunbeds out into the sea.Very Turkish with 2 small cheap bar/lokantas.(Unfortunately no eagles to be seen !Named by my architect business partner whos surname is KARTAL which means EAGLE. He was the one to put the road to it ! Boring but a bit of local history for you !)

Also hidden away is a lovely village/beach to right of Gundogan bay called Kucukbucuk .(Which if I have spelt it right means 'Little Bay'.)Nice quiet place.

At the right of Yalikavak is the road to Dodo beach where you can see ancient tombs carved into the rock on the left.Part of the beach you have to pay to go onto through a private club.But its 'the place to be seen' if you are a rich Turk !
Further on you have to leave the car and walk as it is a nature reserve but lovely views.
Lynne

Serdar

In Bitez if you go past the marina and take the path walk for ten minutes (actually, there are two paths but they join later), there is a small beach. And if you go on walking for a while, you will see another one.

pebble

We go to Yahsi beach, I was trying to keep it a secret, but looks like someone spilled the beans......
Since we moved to Ortakent we will probably be able to walk to yahsi beach from ortakent beach.....yeay!!!

angiebelle

angiebelle
I wondered if anyone knew of beaches in or near Turkbuku. I have purchased a duplex there and haven't been back since viewing. We saw some platforms which are a walk away from the complex, but didn't see any beaches. We have purchased on a complex called San Cop are there any other owners on San Cop.

Angiebelle

Jankaan

There is a very private beach in Bitez called Aktur. You can walk over the hill from Bitez beach or drive but tou have to go through a security point. If you are lucky you will get in. beautiful small cove. Patiod area and fresh food made from the one restaurant. A tanoy system announces all the fresh dishes as they are cooked. The water is Turquiose and very shallow. When standing in the sea all you can see are pretty little white houses covered on fushia . A great sight and great beach. Weel worth the walk!

Yashi beach is the worst beach Ive seen and there are child eating turtles there so dont go, food is rubbish and there are thousands of pick pockets...............oh yes and a sunbed is 300ytl for a day Altinkum is the best beach and I reguarly find £50 notes in he sand there

Gail

Bryan I have to agree with you, if you have never been before, don't go :27: you won't like it anyway :27:

You little sneak Bryan :lol: :lol: :lol:

ukizook

Thanks for the warning Bryan, we've not been there and although we were planning to go in April we will keep well clear? :)

pipermam

Hi Angiebelle. I am also in Turkbuku. We are in Manolya Sitesi Which is up on the hill but a three minute walk from the seafront.

Jo Hodges

We quite like the beach at Akyarlar, very pretty, a few nice cafes and lovely shallow water.

Gail

Jo Hodges said:
We quite like the beach at Akyarlar, very pretty, a few nice cafes and lovely shallow water.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh, this is another secret :lol: I love going there, we sometimes drive down and have breakfast there and feed the fish at the same time. Beautiful little Turkish delight :)

angiebelle

angiebelle
thanks for the info. Has the seafront you mentioned got a beach pipermam? I know there is a beach quite near which my friend, who also has a duplex on San Cop in Turkbuku, visited. The estate agent took her in the car and she says it took about 10 minutes downhill from the complex, but it was a case of the morning after the night before and she says she doesn't know what it was called!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom