FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > All About Turkey > Bodrum Forum

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th September 2016, 11:54   #21 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 30,296 Times in 12,911 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Debt Collection Agency

The problem with taking "out of law" action is, said action could become far more serious than the debt. I think anyone would feel the full wrath of the law if there was a body left in a ditch, the excuse of "he ripped us off" would fall on deaf ears.
On many occasions I feel that the lawyers themselves are far too slow off the mark or they just don't do their job properly. I have also found that many a Turkish lawyer has loose lips & tend to know the bandits, if not directly then through a third party.

If I was selling a property now & knowing what I know, there would be NO POA given. If work commitments was holding me back on a deal that involved my life savings.............the job would have to go.

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spurs For This Useful Post:
IbrahimAbi (18th September 2016), Maisie (18th September 2016)
Old 15th September 2016, 12:32   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member Has-Been

Thanked 6,944 Times in 2,536 Posts
immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute

Not something I know much about, but what about an international debt collection agency, such as this: International Debt Collection | ABC-Amega Inc

May be able to give you tips if nothing else.

Ian
immac is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2016, 13:22   #23 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 30,296 Times in 12,911 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by immac View Post
Not something I know much about, but what about an international debt collection agency, such as this: International Debt Collection | ABC-Amega Inc

May be able to give you tips if nothing else.

Ian
A couple of years back Ian on behalf of some people I done some checking out on debt collection in Turkey. I was dealing with three companies, two in Ankara, one in Istanbul. I made out it was me who was owed the monies. In ALL cases they didn't want to know because a court decision had already been handed down, they wanted to act prior to it getting into court. I worked it out that they themselves wanted the court case, that way they wasn't doing it for nothing. In all cases the debt collectors led back to lawyers. Lawyers in Turkey demand monies upfront.

NO STRANGER TO DANGER

Last edited by Spurs; 15th September 2016 at 13:24..
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spurs For This Useful Post:
Maisie (18th September 2016)
Old 15th September 2016, 14:01   #24 (permalink)

Thanked 3,859 Times in 1,577 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute

kanga, I am aware that you think of yourself as a bit a legal eagle but surely before offering advice in these matters a little research would be prudent. I would have to ask you how often you have advised someone to hand over all the cash and let the seller keep title to the property?

My comments were not advice but a common sense warning that if you default on a loan the lender will come back on you.
As yabanci cannot get a Turkish mortgage it is obvious that any loan/mortgage to buy the Turkish property must have been taken out against property in kadikasi's home country.
It is never good advice to default on a loan as it puts you in the wrong, however unfair that may seem.

I don't understand your reference to handing over money, we are talking about a mortgage here, and the lender controls rights to the property given as security, until it's paid for.

Last edited by Kanga; 15th September 2016 at 14:05..
Kanga is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2016, 14:12   #25 (permalink)
________

Thanked 9,600 Times in 4,627 Posts
kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt this thread is open for further discussion anyway since the OP has mislead everyone who has contributed on it from the start. save your indignation for a more worthy thread.
kemerkid is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kemerkid For This Useful Post:
Kanga (17th September 2016)
Old 17th September 2016, 21:12   #26 (permalink)

Kadiklasi will become famous soon enough

To finish thanks for the comments. I can't default on the mortgage that is right or the lender would take the property over here. Knows nothing about the Turkish house anyway. This is a very corrupt country and that includes the legal system. All I can is get your facts right on any PAO you might give. I. Don't rekon on getting any money back bit will keep trying. There will be no body on a ditch either or anything to pin on me. Perhaps there is a way.
Kadiklasi is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kadiklasi For This Useful Post:
Maisie (18th September 2016)
Old 18th September 2016, 11:04   #27 (permalink)

Thanked 4,220 Times in 1,528 Posts
Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute

You can get a Turkish mortgage without using another property as collateral. We got one based only on evidence of our UK bank accounts. In the event, because of other reasons, we cancelled this before receiving any money or making any repayments.

We went the legal route and ended up with the granting of a sum of money, because during the case another bank auctioned our villa. They had loaned our builder money on the Tapu which was still in his name. This loan was made before we started our case, so the bank came first. Needless to say, we have never seen one kurush of this money. Reason: defendant has no assets. At least, none on paper. So he continues to live the high life on our money. We were then left with having to pay a UK bank for the loan we took out to pay the solicitor. Had to pay for another five years after the villa was auctioned! So, the defendant "got away" with it, was "free" to buy the villa back at auction (to sell again) and the solicitor got paid.

I can sympathise with the OP's reasoning to employ some sort of "knee-capper" to obtain some sort of redress. But that costs more money! In the end would not be a satisfactory conclusion as the OP would not get the money back.

Know how you feel!

Maisie
Hilsjw (20th September 2016), Jaycey (18th September 2016), Spurs (18th September 2016)
Old 18th September 2016, 12:13   #28 (permalink)
African refugee

Thanked 18,017 Times in 9,072 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone is interested I can put you in touch with Merv in Safrica.

He’s known as the Magician - when I asked him why he said he could make people disappear!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaycey For This Useful Post:
Maisie (19th September 2016), Yalides (19th September 2016)
Old 19th September 2016, 07:45   #29 (permalink)

Thanked 4,220 Times in 1,528 Posts
Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute

Tempting Jaycey, tempting!

Maisie
Jaycey (19th September 2016)
Old 19th September 2016, 07:54   #30 (permalink)

Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,727 Posts
Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yalides View Post
KF, are you a bit of a tree hugging gangster on the side ? Agree with your post though, way to go...
We didn't actually do it, though. We just asked around if anybody knew anyone and how much it would cost. And we made sure that we were indiscreet about asking so it got back to him.

And, by the way, I have never hugged a tree in my life.
Kingfisher is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kingfisher For This Useful Post:
Yalides (19th September 2016)

Tags
agency , bodrum , collection , debt