FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > All About Turkey > Bodrum Forum

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th September 2016, 21:47   #1 (permalink)

Kadiklasi will become famous soon enough
Debt Collection Agency in Bodrum

HI
Its been a while since my last post on here. I was wondering if anyone knew a debt collection service in Bodrum. Method not important as been through the legal system and it failed miserably. Any help would be appreciated. Still owed 100 K after being riped off by a turkish con man.Thanks
Kadiklasi is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 13th September 2016, 22:07   #2 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 30,226 Times in 12,886 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Debt Collection Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadiklasi View Post
HI
Its been a while since my last post on here. I was wondering if anyone knew a debt collection service in Bodrum. Method not important as been through the legal system and it failed miserably. Any help would be appreciated. Still owed 100 K after being riped off by a turkish con man.Thanks
REALLY sorry to hear that.

Can you tell me please, when you say you failed in the legal system, meaning what, lost the case or no assets that can be taken?

Ps. No names if your going to give details. doesn't pay to warn the enemy.

NO STRANGER TO DANGER

Last edited by Spurs; 13th September 2016 at 22:11..
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2016, 22:19   #3 (permalink)

Thanked 7,333 Times in 3,014 Posts
juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard it said you can hire `heavies`how it works I do not know. If it is true and you go down that route don't ever go back to Turkey!

Don't believe those who by wealth are sheltered from reality.
juco is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2016, 22:24   #4 (permalink)
Spurs

Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juco View Post
I have heard it said you can hire `heavies`how it works I do not know. If it is true and you go down that route don't ever go back to Turkey!
If the price is right....................

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Old 13th September 2016, 23:00   #5 (permalink)
Spurs

This may help some people.

Turkey has court bailiffs, appointed by the courts to seize assets. The first problem with these is that they can be "bought". As big has Turkey is, we all know how it works when it comes to money, everyone seems to know everyone else. Court bailiffs are usually locals.

There are in Turkey private debt collectors, the snag with these is that they are usually obtained via a law firm. The law firm plays it cute because they actually want the court case in the first place, why? Because that's where their money lies. They earn in court, win or lose they & the court wants their fees.

The VERY FIRST action to take is an asset search, if there are no assets, then unfortunately your screwed. That asset search includes, Tapus for property/land, bank accounts & vehicles, (I would use an out of town lawyer, they can get that info)..

ANYONE who is currently dealing with a potential property scam should instruct their lawyer to do the search PRIOR to slinging money at the lawyer to open a costly court case. IF assets are found & you have a decent prim facia case, your lawyer goes to court & has those assets frozen. Its not easy to do that but its a damned sight cheaper than going head first at someone who has nothing. There is a percentage charge to do that BUT still far cheaper & more beneficial to go that way.

Worth pointing out, once you do that the "bandit" feels it, just like the UK everything gets frozen, trust me they start screaming for their Mother because all of a sudden its them getting shafted.

As for a debt collector to do a bit of kneecapping? Problem with that is, some of these goons, the lights on but nobody is in type of thing & I have no doubt if things went tits up, you could well end up being extradited. I was once offered the "services" of somebody & was well tempted but as said, it could well come back to your own front door..

NO STRANGER TO DANGER

Last edited by Spurs; 13th September 2016 at 23:03..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spurs For This Useful Post:
Akasya (14th September 2016), Maisie (14th September 2016), SonnyJim (15th September 2016)
Old 14th September 2016, 04:06   #6 (permalink)
African refugee

Thanked 17,654 Times in 8,912 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

I once used the services of a couple of ‘heavies’ in South Africa.

Next thing I knew was a visit from the police saying that my agents had pointed a firearm at someone.

But that wasn’t as much a problem as getting my money back from the heavies = never happened!
Old 14th September 2016, 09:05   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 4,248 Times in 1,726 Posts
Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute

You could try putting the word out that you are looking for someone for a kneecap job. Worked for us, he got scared and coughed up
Kingfisher is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kingfisher For This Useful Post:
Yalides (15th September 2016)
Old 14th September 2016, 10:20   #8 (permalink)
Spurs

Turkey is a bit of a mirrored "wild west" or that's how it seems at times.

£100K equals aprrox 400,000 TL, Turks/Kurds will not be giving that up without a fight, that fight could lead to the OK Coral.
For a lot of people its a lost cause, harsh but unfortunately a fact, I wouldn't be rolling over for £100K, I would be exhausting every avenue going. The threat of violence cannot come from the victim because if it goes wrong & there's a body left somewhere you yourself could be left languishing in a cell.
Lawyers in Turkey are no different to lawyers here when it comes to challenging their failures, its a closed shop, a club, a cartel. The name of the game is to INSTRUCT a lawyer, not for them to instruct the client. In order to instruct a lawyer you need to learn & know the system.
As I have said, in some cases peoples loss is beyond help but FFS those who are thinking about buying or are involved in a purchase, ask the questions on here, there's a warehouse of knowledge............people have been there & done that. Don't be embarrassed, don't be ashamed, don't feel stupid............plenty of people on here can save your life savings, health & sanity with advice.

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spurs For This Useful Post:
abba (14th September 2016), juco (14th September 2016), kemerkid (14th September 2016), Maisie (18th September 2016), ted j (14th September 2016)
Old 14th September 2016, 14:25   #9 (permalink)

Kadiklasi will become famous soon enough

Hi thanks for all the info its alot to take in. I have established that he has no assets and nothing in his name. he is too smart for that.I have been on this for 3 years now and been down all legal avenues. I wont be going back to Turkey for a long time but i was looking at someone to take over and pester this person. Its all too corrupt there and i have a mortgage for the next ten years on this house that someone else now owns and he has spent the money. If there was some way of putting pressure
on him to let him know that i will go after him for as long as im still above ground so he is always looking over his shoulder. He is running a business for himself but in someone else name. Thanks
Kadiklasi is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kadiklasi For This Useful Post:
Hilsjw (15th September 2016), Maisie (18th September 2016), Spurs (14th September 2016)
Old 14th September 2016, 14:31   #10 (permalink)
________

Thanked 9,600 Times in 4,627 Posts
kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute

You say you have a mortgage on the house. Go into default and let the lender do all the work!
kemerkid is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kemerkid For This Useful Post:
Akasya (14th September 2016), Hilsjw (15th September 2016)

Tags
agency , bodrum , collection , debt