Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 17th April 2009, 20:52   #1 (permalink)

SCOUSE is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Buying a new property

I am thinking of buying a new property in or near didim How do I find out if the builder is reliable and trustworthy
As I will be paying cash for a new build
any help would be appreciated

I hope to be living there permantley in retirement?
SCOUSE is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 17th April 2009, 21:03   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 7,462 Times in 3,082 Posts
juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Buying a new property

Check by doing a search on this forum for loads of information on it.
For goodness sake do not pay up front! Do not trust this guy (who will be your best and most trusting friend) when you find him.
I would not pay any more than 10% deposit until I had a Tapu in my hand.

Don't believe those who by wealth are sheltered from reality.
juco is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to juco For This Useful Post:
SCOUSE (17th April 2009)
Old 17th April 2009, 21:15   #3 (permalink)

Thanked 10,116 Times in 2,933 Posts
Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute

Take your time and check, check and double check please. The information on the forums is invaluable!!

Last edited by Tess; 17th April 2009 at 21:29..
Tess is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tess For This Useful Post:
SCOUSE (17th April 2009)
Old 17th April 2009, 21:45   #4 (permalink)
Senior Members

Super Splash Champion!
Thanked 1,873 Times in 598 Posts
Bill & Linda has a brilliant future Bill & Linda has a brilliant future Bill & Linda has a brilliant future Bill & Linda has a brilliant future Bill & Linda has a brilliant future Bill & Linda has a brilliant future Bill & Linda has a brilliant future Bill & Linda has a brilliant future Bill & Linda has a brilliant future Bill & Linda has a brilliant future Bill & Linda has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOUSE View Post
I am thinking of buying a new property in or near didim How do I find out if the builder is reliable and trustworthy

Hi,why not a nearly new, where the tapu is in place (it might save you a lot of heartache) o god i do sound cynical dont i.
SCOUSE (17th April 2009)
Old 17th April 2009, 21:51   #5 (permalink)
Mr.

goodman:) is on a distinguished road

Quote:

The best way use a UK based overseas property law firm (independent one) I know you will pay for their service but at the end it deserves.
goodman:) is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to goodman:) For This Useful Post:
SCOUSE (17th April 2009)
Old 17th April 2009, 22:01   #6 (permalink)

KH THORNE is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Hiya welcome to the forum, Depending on what you are looking for would be a start but we found asking around an going with word of mouth was best for us, do you want appartment or villa do you want complex or not ? we wanted detached villa an not on a complex , luckerly through series of events we found just what we wanted, Just between Altinkum & Akbuk. 700sq mt plots up at Yesiltepe (greenhills)
its near enough to busy Altinkum an then you have choice of the peacefull Akbuk.
we know lots of happy costomers with our builder if you are interested any further then we will be only to glad to pass on info should you want it.
Of corse you must remember that if you are in a hurry then Turkey is not for you ,dead lines mean nothing lol.

oh sorry our place is all off plan an we got to change lots of things to our own likeing. and it works out cheaper in some cases. we also know of friends with other builders who they can recommend.

look forward to hearing how you are getting on , Karen & Dave
KH THORNE is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KH THORNE For This Useful Post:
SCOUSE (17th April 2009)
Old 17th April 2009, 22:03   #7 (permalink)
Administrator

Thanked 7,806 Times in 1,920 Posts
Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You need to make sure all permits and permissions are sorted out, check the finish and make sure everything is to your satisfaction before you agree on the sales contract, make sure you use a good lawyer, sometimes if you are getting a good deal for cash or all payment up front, after making sure of above put an ipotek (1st charge) on the property to make sure when your army clearance comes through that the property is still clear of debts.

All of this should be done by your lawyer, if you want information on particular development or developer than you need to give more details (via PM if you don't want to put these on the forum yet)
SCOUSE (17th April 2009)
Old 18th April 2009, 04:39   #8 (permalink)

Darren is a jewel in the rough Darren is a jewel in the rough Darren is a jewel in the rough Darren is a jewel in the rough

Best to seek independent professional advice - ie not from a referral from anyone related to the transaction. A good source for a wide range of referrals is Turkish Mortgage Cente- see the banking finance section under mortgages- they use certain lawyers they can refer you to - I saw something on this recently from them and I will post it on that thread. Probably best not to rely on advice received in forums. Dont try and save money by getting the advice on the cheap- the £50 you save may well cost you £50,000 ...
Darren is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2009, 07:17   #9 (permalink)

Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren View Post
Best to seek independent professional advice - ie not from a referral from anyone related to the transaction. A good source for a wide range of referrals is Turkish Mortgage Cente- see the banking finance section under mortgages- they use certain lawyers they can refer you to - I saw something on this recently from them and I will post it on that thread. Probably best not to rely on advice received in forums. Dont try and save money by getting the advice on the cheap- the £50 you save may well cost you £50,000 ...
interesting comment - dont rely on advice received in forums. Why? - because you have no idea who is posting that advice, it could well be the builder, his wife, pal or accomplice.

just be wary and treat all builders, emlaks and lawyers involved in the house purchase as crooks

oh, and dont pay cash, put the deposit on your credit card - see thread on that somewhere else on here
Old 18th April 2009, 07:19   #10 (permalink)

Thanked 1,133 Times in 484 Posts
panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future panther has a brilliant future

I would never buy a new property again. 3-4 years old should have all documents and snagging list done.
Everytime many of us went out after buying new, never had a holiday for sorting problems out.
Builders don't want to know after final payment etc.
panther is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
buying , property