Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 19th April 2013, 12:56   #1 (permalink)
savoyboy

savoyboy is on a distinguished road
Tapu ( the price that goes on it)

I brought my house for 150.000.
95.000 cash paid and part exchached my villa for 55.000 with no further cost
To be paid ,ie all Taxs and everything else to be paid .
As the villa was worth more than the 55.00 .
I have asked that 150.000 be put on the Tapu and I'm told
The builder may not want to want to do this.
I have said that I am in my right to ask for the price paid be put on the Tapu.
I thought the law had been changed to stop tax avoidance ?
I only wish to do what is right by Trukish tax law.
Please let me know what you think.
I'm waiting for military clearance to come back in 4 or 5 weeks time
So I think I have still time to get it right ?
savoyboy is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 19th April 2013, 13:05   #2 (permalink)
savoyboy

savoyboy is on a distinguished road
Re: Tapu ( the price that goes on it)

Not sure if I have posted this in the right place,our house is in Calis but I think this
Is a general topic that all will be interested in,please put in right place for me.
Thank you
savoyboy is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2013, 07:57   #3 (permalink)

Thanked 3,928 Times in 1,531 Posts
scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute

You can choose to declare it all and pay the tax bill ( at least 6200)- the builder probably doesn't want to declare a selling price for his own tax liability
Your decision will affect every future buyer as the value will only go up (officially) yearly
Old 20th April 2013, 08:48   #4 (permalink)

Thanked 1,980 Times in 921 Posts
culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute

I would rather pay the tax now. Should you decide to sell in the future, the difference between the price on the Tapu and any future selling price will be considered a profit. Therefore you be liable to tax on the entire difference.

Mary.
culturevulture is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2013, 08:53   #5 (permalink)

thingthong is a splendid one to behold thingthong is a splendid one to behold thingthong is a splendid one to behold thingthong is a splendid one to behold thingthong is a splendid one to behold thingthong is a splendid one to behold thingthong is a splendid one to behold thingthong is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotssteve View Post
You can choose to declare it all and pay the tax bill ( at least 6200)- the builder probably doesn't want to declare a selling price for his own tax liability
Your decision will affect every future buyer as the value will only go up (officially) yearly
Steve

What property in Turkey is going up yearly ,our one has been going down (rapidly)in the last few years

Only an emlak would say such a thing

T.
parrot (20th April 2013)
Old 20th April 2013, 09:09   #6 (permalink)
No fun if it's too easy!

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Champion!
Words Sorting Champion!

Thanked 3,635 Times in 1,379 Posts
Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm an Emlak and have to tell people all the time that property values have NOT been increasing over the last 4 yrs or so.

I think you'll find it's the developers/builders that still insist on telling their customers that property values are still increasing.
Our customers at this time are consistently letting their properties be sold at the same price, sometimes below the price they paid for them.

If the owners have had their Tapu for 5 yrs or more, then they have no Capital Gains Tax to pay. I am aware that new buyers prefer to have the full value of what they've paid declared on their Tapu and that's their choice. However, I still think there's a lot to be said from taking guidance from the value put forward from the Belediye and then discussing it with the Tapu office manager and coming to a mid-way compromise.

At the end of the day, we are here to satisfy our customers on both sides of the sale.
Old 20th April 2013, 09:39   #7 (permalink)
Glad I got out

Simon Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 9,412 Times in 4,500 Posts
ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute

So , to clarify a point, am I right in thinking that the Belediye's estimation of how much to put on the tapu , is completely legal, even though it may be less than the property is worth (buying/selling price)

Last edited by ted j; 20th April 2013 at 17:43.. Reason: typo
ted j is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2013, 09:45   #8 (permalink)

DAVIDO is a glorious beacon of light DAVIDO is a glorious beacon of light DAVIDO is a glorious beacon of light DAVIDO is a glorious beacon of light DAVIDO is a glorious beacon of light

i think that is correct ted, in other words this is the way the council almost insist you do it , yet legal areas say this is not and the correct value should be done .
so whichever way you go in is debatable lol.

Last edited by DAVIDO; 20th April 2013 at 09:49..
DAVIDO is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DAVIDO For This Useful Post:
ted j (20th April 2013)
Old 20th April 2013, 10:03   #9 (permalink)
Glad I got out

Simon Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 9,412 Times in 4,500 Posts
ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute

Surely then, it will be the equivalent of when I was self employed (to draw an anonalogy), If I were not to get an accountant , I would pay x amount of tax (which , in the eyes of the law would be correct

Yet if I WERE to get an accountant (which I did) , then pay the accountant to do my tax returns, he would know all the extra things I could claim for , even down to a weekly allowance of 7 for coffee/milk/sugar, as everyone is entitled to a hot drink during the day , using our kitchen as an office (got to do the phone calling and bookeeping somewhere) and a few other "perks"

THEN , I would pay less tax than before (perfectly legally) , so in those instances, both amounts of tax would be deemed to be correct for me earning exactly the same amount , just through me choosing to employ an accountant

Surely then, the same applies to council tax?
No matter what the actual price of a property is , the Belediye (accountant) sets the "tax" to be paid
I would argue that if it is legal in one case, then surely it is legal in the other , as an official government body (belediye) has , effectively, set the rate of council tax you'd pay

Last edited by ted j; 20th April 2013 at 10:06..
ted j is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2013, 11:33   #10 (permalink)

Thanked 3,928 Times in 1,531 Posts
scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute scotssteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thingthong View Post
Steve

What property in Turkey is going up yearly ,our one has been going down (rapidly)in the last few years

Only an emlak would say such a thing

T.
Hi Thingthong

the key word was officially
the council never bring down a valuation from the one declared on the tapu
its almost index linked

please read before insulting.....................

Tags
price , tapu