Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 21st March 2017, 16:06   #41 (permalink)
Bacon and eggs

Lez Zetli is a glorious beacon of light Lez Zetli is a glorious beacon of light Lez Zetli is a glorious beacon of light Lez Zetli is a glorious beacon of light Lez Zetli is a glorious beacon of light Lez Zetli is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Photo on Power of Attorney?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintagel View Post
I've never heard of that before Lez, where did you read that?
yellali advice on POA

They write:
Quote:
Important note regarding the format of a POA: To ensure that the power of attorney is accepted by the Turkish land registry office it is advised to use the standard wording of the Turkish sample text if. A passport sized photo of the principal must be affixed to the first page and the notary seal appended. A photocopy of the passport must be attached.
My bold and italics
Lez Zetli is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 17:12   #42 (permalink)
Bacon and eggs

Lez Zetli is a glorious beacon of light Lez Zetli is a glorious beacon of light Lez Zetli is a glorious beacon of light Lez Zetli is a glorious beacon of light Lez Zetli is a glorious beacon of light Lez Zetli is a glorious beacon of light
Re: POWER OF ATTORNEY from the UK

Oh dear. My official translator, who is also trained as a lawyer, has just written to me:
Quote:
I would like to translate the POA together with its Apostille into Turkish. However, I want to remind you something, that is, under Turkish law, the POAs to be used before Land Registry (Tapu) should bear the fotograph of the grantor on it. I am afraid this POA will not be accepted by the Land Registry.
The upshot is that we will have to ask the English notary to re-issue the POA and get it apostilled again.
Lez Zetli is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 18:42   #43 (permalink)
Just passing through

Thanked 4,369 Times in 2,558 Posts
oldfogy has disabled reputation

Yes a passport size photograph has to be attached to the POA document before it is sent to be Apostilled.
oldfogy is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 18:51   #44 (permalink)
Just passing through

Quote:
Originally Posted by yalimart View Post
Does the Turkish translation have to be signed ?

Martin
The original POA document should be in English and would then be signed by the Notary who translates the English document that is originally sent to your contact in Turkey.

No doubt if it was originally formatted in Turkish then it should be Apostille and signed by the author and then verified by the Turkish Notary.
Old 3rd October 2020, 15:49   #45 (permalink)

Thanked 1,127 Times in 574 Posts
Hunt 23 has much to be proud of Hunt 23 has much to be proud of Hunt 23 has much to be proud of Hunt 23 has much to be proud of Hunt 23 has much to be proud of Hunt 23 has much to be proud of Hunt 23 has much to be proud of Hunt 23 has much to be proud of Hunt 23 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotssteve View Post
Afternoon all,

Apologies to those who know how this works, but for the benefit of anyone in the Uk actively selling a property in Turkey who will for whatever reason not be able to come over in person to complete the Tapu transfer, I re-produce the procedure for a British P.O.A to be valid here.
This comes in a week where the situation has arisen several times - so its fair to say it must be quite common.

Perhaps UK vendors could give thought to having one prepared if they are liable to find themselves in this situation. Winter is not far off and the combination of a lack of flights and mainly Turkish buyers who will expect to complete quickly; could see many similar cases

regards

Steve

POWER OF ATTORNEY

Certified Photograph of the Grantor
(Notary to affix photo, sign across and stamp)

Name xxxxxxxxx

Surname xxxxxxxxx

Place and date of Birth xx/xx/xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Address xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Passport Number xxxxxxxxxxx

Mother’s first Name xxxxxxx
Father first Name xxxxxxx

I HEREBY APPOINT xxxxxx xxxxx (full name of person), under the identity card number/passport number of xxxxxxxx (ID/passport no) and with his registered address located at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To act as my true and lawful attorney in-fact to; sell my property which is located in Aydin, Didim, Saplıada 123 plot number and 99 parcel number (change as required) under any conditions, at any price, to any persons he wishes , with or without shares as he wishes; to accept the prices thereof; to give and undersign absolute assignment statements given from my name at the local deed registry office or deed officers; to attach annotation on the title deed;to delete the annotations; deposite and/or accept any kind of taxes and charges regarding the transfer and registry of the real estate or real estate shares that I would sell through this sale; to represent me, correcting the mistakes in name, surname and father’s name, etc., to make any kind of amendments in Treasury Tax Office, Financial Office and all other legal offices; to make any kind of undertakings and consents in the deed registry office, municipality and tax offices,To apply and receive my tax number from Tax Offices in all aspects.

Signed: …............................... Dated:........................

(Notary's stamp and details below)
Full Name/Title:
Address:
2. Find a local Notary Public (Google 'notary public') fees I found to be around 50-100 for a simple prepared document as above.

3. Send off your stamped document to FCO to be Apostilled
Details here The Legalisation Office (FCO) - The only competent authority in the UK to issue apostilles and legalisation certificates.

....a. Download the form from here How to Apply
....b. Pay 36 (30 + 6 return postage via Fedex) online here https://secure.fco.gov.uk/en/secure/...-legalisation/
(print off the receipt to send with document)
....c. Enclose the original document (keep copy for yourself), receipt for online payment, self addressed A4 envelope and send it off to address below recorded delivery.
Legalisation Office
Norfolk House West
437 Silbury Boulevard
Milton Keynes
MK9 2AH

4. You should receive the document back after 2-3 days

5. Send your documents to Turkey (make copies 1st) using a courier service like DHL express.

....a. Find your local nearest service point here DHL SERVICEPOINT - Courier services for parcel delivery UK & International
....b. Take document with details of person you are sending to, including contact number and full address with post code.
....c. Fill in the form and hand over the document, the fee for sending A4 document to Turkey should be 22.99, you will be given a waybill tracking number which you can use to watch your document's progress here DHL | Tracking | English

That's it, the document should arrive around 2-3 days later at destination.
Just a note to say that I used this template last month with great success. No problem encountered with it. A friend used it on 1st October and was told that as from that date police checks have to be carried out on foreign buyers. Has anybody else encountered or heard of that change? I know that it was required some time ago but thought that it had stopped.

It was in the Ula tapu office.

Last edited by Hunt 23; 3rd October 2020 at 15:50.. Reason: further information
Hunt 23 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2020, 09:32   #46 (permalink)
Just passing through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt 23 View Post
Just a note to say that I used this template last month with great success. No problem encountered with it. A friend used it on 1st October and was told that as from that date police checks have to be carried out on foreign buyers. Has anybody else encountered or heard of that change? I know that it was required some time ago but thought that it had stopped.

It was in the Ula tapu office.
I would be a bit reluctant to say "at any price," maybe change that stating "a minimum price of xxx"

Also to include a date from when the POA document will no longer be vaild
The Following User Says Thank You to oldfogy For This Useful Post:
Kanga (14th October 2020)
Old 13th October 2020, 09:44   #47 (permalink)
McB

McB has a spectacular aura about McB has a spectacular aura about

Did you know...
* Every Land registry office in each area has it's own idiosncratic (SP?) practices and can and will reject a PoA for any number of reasons... slowly the modernisation program to standardise practices is arriving, but its not 'all done' yet...meaning you are best advised to get someone that knows the local regsitry personnel and how they want things done ...and get that person to advise you on the poa...
* Alternatively, get some one that has been doing this with different land regsitries up and down the coast for years and follow their instructions... self guidance is not the most sensible with a D.I.Y. approach is not the most sensible way forward for some things... including this one...
* You are also better off getting professional advice because there are changes afoot and you may not need to travel to turkey at all or use a PoA at all...so instead of being time-warped into yesteryear's practices with yesteryear's procedures, get yourself up to date advice on what and how things are being done now...

Here there is a long list of articles with information on this and related topics...

Last edited by McB; 13th October 2020 at 09:47..
McB is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McB For This Useful Post:
Akasya (13th October 2020), Camden (14th October 2020)
Old 14th October 2020, 17:22   #48 (permalink)

Thanked 7,229 Times in 3,635 Posts
Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute Camden has a reputation beyond repute

Good link McB.
Camden is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2020, 17:38   #49 (permalink)
McB

McB has a spectacular aura about McB has a spectacular aura about

Yes I thought so too... it's like a library of links... i got it just by searching 'conveyance turkey'...
McB is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
attorney , power