Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > Turkish Property Forum > Buying property in Turkey & North Cyprus

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th March 2016, 16:01   #11 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 30,614 Times in 13,090 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Buying farm land / tarla under 10.000m2 with foreign passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasP View Post
Thanks man! Any online resources you can recommend? I looked into some of the sticky posts here but infos are always quite a bit scattered
Online resources? Be careful, many tips come from agents or people with self interests.
I will say this though: I had three villas built AND done site visits at least twice a day. You need to show the builders who is the "patron" & who pays their wages. Turkish builders do tend to have their own "ideas", nicking a meter here or a yard there. I was also advised not to use builders supplied by the architect (which I never) but I did keep the architect on board.........I could tell you a thousand & one things..............most importantly, be there if you have anything built, if not you tend to end up with four washing machine points, three dish washer points & a shortage of sockets :-) They really are in a world of their own when it comes to building work. But ya just have to laugh & luv em.

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spurs For This Useful Post:
ThomasP (3rd April 2016)
Old 28th March 2016, 19:36   #12 (permalink)

ThomasP is a jewel in the rough ThomasP is a jewel in the rough ThomasP is a jewel in the rough

Sounds like an adventure! Thanks for your insights, I'll follow your advice
ThomasP is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2016, 21:39   #13 (permalink)
Spurs

Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sounds like an adventure! Thanks for your insights, I'll follow your advice
Yes it truly was an adventure but first & foremost it was watching our money. We survived to tell the tale but along the way & on here there are many who never. Our "one shot" at it worked but looking back Lady Luck was with us. We could have been netted on several occasions, if I done it again now I would do it the same way BUT with more sureties from those I had to deal with. There were times when it was, "cash up front" & that's the vulnerable part of the project (any project).

Check & double check on everything you do & everything you pay for.
Advice on here is always free & many know what they're talking about.....use them.

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
The Following User Says Thank You to Spurs For This Useful Post:
Akasya (29th March 2016)
Old 1st April 2016, 07:02   #14 (permalink)

ThomasP is a jewel in the rough ThomasP is a jewel in the rough ThomasP is a jewel in the rough

Hey Spurs,

I got another question about farm land specificly, if you don't mind.
My wife's cousin (turkish real estate guy) told her that after buying the farm land, we have to plant and register every tree on the land within 2 years. Does it mean that they also have to be productive?Will the authorities come for regular checks if someone is working on the land?
Do we have to sell the crops?

My wife is currently studying (abroad), so we can't really manage and cultivate the land until she's finished.

On the other way, I don't really want to pass up on the deal. The land's size and location is exactly what we're looking for and the TL/m2 is really good for that area.

Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!

EDIT: Legally, the land is ok it has build permission and everything else according to her cousin. We trust him, know him for over a decade.

Last edited by ThomasP; 1st April 2016 at 09:41..
Old 1st April 2016, 12:40   #15 (permalink)

easylife is a name known to all easylife is a name known to all easylife is a name known to all easylife is a name known to all easylife is a name known to all easylife is a name known to all

Quote:
Hey Spurs,

EDIT: Legally, the land is ok it has build permission and everything else according to her cousin. We trust him, know him for over a decade.
I wouldn't trust anyone where money is involved.
A Friend of mine's brother had a house built on 'Tarla'. The architect was my friend's SiL. He overcharged for lots of things including double the price for bags of cement. Also the building was supposed to be an agricultural building, which it wasn't, so the end wall had to be knocked out after they'd been living in it for a year to allow barn doors to be inserted.
The family feud is still ongoing.
easylife is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easylife For This Useful Post:
Ceni (1st April 2016), IbrahimAbi (1st April 2016), tintagel (1st April 2016)
Old 1st April 2016, 13:20   #16 (permalink)

Sara-666 is a splendid one to behold Sara-666 is a splendid one to behold Sara-666 is a splendid one to behold Sara-666 is a splendid one to behold Sara-666 is a splendid one to behold Sara-666 is a splendid one to behold Sara-666 is a splendid one to behold

My wife's cousin (turkish real estate guy) told her that after buying the farm land, we have to plant and register every tree on the land within 2 years. Does it mean that they also have to be productive?Will the authorities come for regular checks if someone is working on the land?

When we had tarla and built on it you only had to get Muhktar's permissions, changed greatly since then! If it has build permission why is it not classed as Arsa rather than tarla? I would question that. Also is there permission for a habitable building or just a farm building, for animals?

Your wifes' cousin is correct in the fact that you have to have a 'plan/project' to build on village land at the minute in most provinces in Turkey (as a foreigner). You get 2 years to complete this project, ie get the farm up and running, vineyard productive etc. Yes, they will check up on you as if you dont comply they can come along and take your land off you. This was direct from the tapu office albeit last year, so may well be out of date by now!

Good Luck

Sara
Ceni (1st April 2016), Spurs (1st April 2016), ThomasP (3rd April 2016), tintagel (1st April 2016)
Old 1st April 2016, 13:44   #17 (permalink)
Spurs

Quote:
Hey Spurs,

My wife is currently studying (abroad), so we can't really manage and cultivate the land until she's finished.

On the other way, I don't really want to pass up on the deal. The land's size and location is exactly what we're looking for and the TL/m2 is really good for that area.

Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!

Hand on heart mate I don't know that much about it, I had the warnings & I took heed.
There's was a post on here (I think) many moons back. Someone bought a "tarla plot" & it had an orange grove on it. The purchase went through only to find out afterwards that the orange grove was owned by someone else. Not only that but they had to pay peoples wages who done the picking & "looked after" the grove. The landowners (Brits) thought they were going to have a little business of flogging oranges................it was a load of pips :-) The "grove owner" offered to buy the land from them for peanuts..........not sure how it all turned out.

Wife..............cousin.................emlak.... ...................BE CAREFUL, family tends to be a by-the-way with Brits when it comes to land or property in Turkey. Cousins are for life, business isn't & never has been.

NO STRANGER TO DANGER

Last edited by Spurs; 1st April 2016 at 13:54..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spurs For This Useful Post:
Ceni (1st April 2016), IbrahimAbi (1st April 2016), Peter J (1st April 2016), ThomasP (3rd April 2016)
Old 1st April 2016, 16:53   #18 (permalink)

Thanks to everyone for their input!
Old 1st April 2016, 17:04   #19 (permalink)
________

Thanked 9,879 Times in 4,737 Posts
kemerkid has disabled reputation

Thomas, welcome to TLF, this land that you are thinking of sounds interesting. What is the price per Metre square?

Life’s journey leads to many crossroads.
Success and happiness is knowing which direction to take.
kemerkid is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 17:16   #20 (permalink)

Thanked 6,232 Times in 2,721 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute

Posted by 'tytots' in 2008.

Citizenship & buying tarla land

When you have (or if) you have passed your citizenship, are you allowed to buy tarla land. Also if you own a property & land (tarla) & have it in a company can you then own it in your own name if you become a citizen.
Last edited by tytots; 14th June 2008 at 14:18.. Reason: spelling mistakes

Worrying is a waste of imagination.
Kanga is online now send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
buying , farm , foreign , land , passport , tarla