Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 14th June 2012, 10:38   #1 (permalink)
I've cliqued

Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,806 Posts
Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute
Selling motor bike with no residence permit

My friend has a motorbike here in Turkey which he bought when there were no restrictions, i.e. must have residence permit. He now wants to sell it but still has no residence permit. We are in the Fethiye area. I seem to remember that there was/is a notar where he can get the paperwork done for selling the bike. Does anybody know if this is still possible and which Notar? Thanks.
Terry the Celt (15th June 2012)
Old 14th June 2012, 13:35   #2 (permalink)

markwilshaw is a splendid one to behold markwilshaw is a splendid one to behold markwilshaw is a splendid one to behold markwilshaw is a splendid one to behold markwilshaw is a splendid one to behold markwilshaw is a splendid one to behold
Re: Selling motor bike with no residence permit

As far as ı am aware you cannot sell wıthout a res permıt now.
If he has had one ın the past and has a Turkısh ID number,he can sell.
Mark
markwilshaw is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2012, 13:51   #3 (permalink)
I've cliqued

Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,806 Posts
Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Mark. Just spoke with an official translator who told me that he can sell with just his tax number. Hopefully he knows what he is talking about!!!
Terry the Celt (15th June 2012)
Old 14th June 2012, 14:19   #4 (permalink)

crystal1 will become famous soon enough

not to sure he will be able to sell it as all sales now through notter have to have our id no and that no has to be on the bikes paper work i have had my id no for some time but i had a scooter that was 4 years old i tried to sell it but couldnt untill i went to mulga police station and have my id no put onto scooters paper works
so think you should go to local police station or notter and ask them for advice hope this helps
crystal1 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to crystal1 For This Useful Post:
Harem (14th June 2012)
Old 14th June 2012, 17:47   #5 (permalink)
Non Active Member

Thanked 2,933 Times in 979 Posts
Mary has a reputation beyond repute Mary has a reputation beyond repute Mary has a reputation beyond repute Mary has a reputation beyond repute Mary has a reputation beyond repute Mary has a reputation beyond repute Mary has a reputation beyond repute Mary has a reputation beyond repute Mary has a reputation beyond repute Mary has a reputation beyond repute Mary has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to come in on this but we want to buy one and have no residence not worth it for us and cannot get one what really p"s me off is that I know plenty of Turkish folks who ride without licence's insurances and anything else boy is turkey a bloody hard place for foreigners...
Mary is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mary For This Useful Post:
Ceni (15th June 2012), Harem (14th June 2012), markwilshaw (14th June 2012), Sunny Seasider (14th June 2012)
Old 15th June 2012, 08:27   #6 (permalink)
No fun if it's too easy!

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Champion!
Words Sorting Champion!

Thanked 3,621 Times in 1,374 Posts
Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary View Post
Sorry to come in on this but we want to buy one and have no residence not worth it for us and cannot get one what really p"s me off is that I know plenty of Turkish folks who ride without licence's insurances and anything else boy is turkey a bloody hard place for foreigners...

Not so hard really, stay within the law & Turkey's a brilliant place to be.

About 4 yrs ago, a lad flew out from a side street on a scooter, right into my path in Kuşadası and even though I braked immediately I caught sight of him, he bounced off my front bumper and both he and his scooter landed several meters further up the road.

Luckilly, several men that were sitting on a Tea house terrace and other people on the street, had seen exactly what had happened and were eagerly saying how it was not my fault.

The lad, 25yrs old or so, picked himself up, limped about a bit but said he was fine and apart from the front fender on his scooter being out of shape, there was no real damage.

We were ready to leave it at that, and THEN, his dad turned up!!

He was shouting and screaming at me, I had nearly killed his son, I shouldn't be on the road, he was going to put me in court, etc. etc.
When he'd run out of things to scream at me, he still wasn't listening to any of the witnesses but was definately still blaiming me, even his lad was telling him that HE was at fault but no matter.

By this time, I'd given up trying to reason with him so I phoned the (then) Chief of Police, who was a friend and in no time at all 2 police cars were with us.

Result?
All down the station, The lad had NO lisense, NO insurance, NO crash-hat and it wasn't even his scooter!! He was also held to blame, the damage to my bumper was very minimal and I agreed to overlook the cost of having them pay for it.

It cost the father an arm and a leg, to say the least, all because he wouldn't listen to his fellow Turks or get his temper under control.
I left the station with nothing against me but a smile on my face.

16yrs ago, my car was parked overnight and a Side Council Rubbish wagon decided to hit it in passing, caused lots of damage but the little man that kept his market open all night told me the next morning.
We went down the Council yard, found the rubbish wagon with a damaged front bumper with turquoise green paint on it from my car, proceeded to talk to the manager.

The car was fully repaired, back on the road looking brand spanking new about 8 days later. All done through the Council's insurance.

These laws are implimented to protect each and every one of us that takes a vehicle out on the road. Knowing endless Turks/Brit's/Yanks or whatever else that go out without lisenses or insurances, should never be taken as a guideline for how we go about our daily lives.

Play by the rules, at home or abroad. Makes life a lot easier and definately a lot more pleasant.

Last edited by Freedom 49; 15th June 2012 at 08:33..
Freedom 49 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Freedom 49 For This Useful Post:
Dalaman Deli (16th June 2012), easylife (15th June 2012), Harem (15th June 2012), Kingfisher (15th June 2012), puwer98 (15th June 2012), VeeBee (15th June 2012)
Old 15th June 2012, 10:18   #7 (permalink)

VeeBee has a spectacular aura about VeeBee has a spectacular aura about

Mary,
Two wrongs will never make a right. there are plenty of people having their cars and bikes confiscated in the UK for not having licences, insurance, tax etc. Would you have the same attitude of 'it's ok for them so it should be ok for me' in the UK, or do you just tax and insure because it is the right and sensible thing to do.
VeeBee is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VeeBee For This Useful Post:
Dalaman Deli (16th June 2012), Freedom 49 (15th June 2012), Harem (15th June 2012)
Old 15th June 2012, 13:04   #8 (permalink)

Merlin+ is on a distinguished road

There is a Noter in Fethiye that will do this and i have used them many times.

PM me for details ;-)
Merlin+ is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2012, 14:21   #9 (permalink)
Non Active Member

Thanked 2,933 Times in 979 Posts
Mary has a reputation beyond repute Mary has a reputation beyond repute Mary has a reputation beyond repute Mary has a reputation beyond repute Mary has a reputation beyond repute Mary has a reputation beyond repute Mary has a reputation beyond repute Mary has a reputation beyond repute Mary has a reputation beyond repute Mary has a reputation beyond repute Mary has a reputation beyond repute

What I was getting at was the dual policies or lack of them in Turkey if i cannot buy without the right documentation then why should Turkish people I was not comparing with the UK so why do you bring it into the equation nor would I ever contenplate on not having a licence or the correct documentation however I do believe that Turkey has made it very difficult for foreigners and still does in so many areas. As for following the Law in Turkey what Law? far too complicated and different areas have different laws.I criticise Turkey but that does not mean I dont like the country or its people, the above comments for instance about the the sale of a motorbike beggars the question of unification in all areas of Turkey including notors and policing paperwork etc
Mary is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2012, 15:37   #10 (permalink)
No fun if it's too easy!

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Champion!
Words Sorting Champion!

Thanked 3,621 Times in 1,374 Posts
Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute Freedom 49 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary View Post
What I was getting at was the dual policies or lack of them in Turkey if i cannot buy without the right documentation then why should Turkish people I was not comparing with the UK so why do you bring it into the equation nor would I ever contenplate on not having a licence or the correct documentation however I do believe that Turkey has made it very difficult for foreigners and still does in so many areas. As for following the Law in Turkey what Law? far too complicated and different areas have different laws.I criticise Turkey but that does not mean I dont like the country or its people, the above comments for instance about the the sale of a motorbike beggars the question of unification in all areas of Turkey including notors and policing paperwork etc

I'm not having a go Mary.
You'll find that Turks buy motorbikes & cars in exactly the same way that foreigners do. They show their citizenship, foreigners have to show residency unless they have been here long enough to have citizenship themselves.

The laws apply to us all. It's not really as difficult as you seem to believe.
If you do come up against a problem, there are plenty of registered translators here that will help you if you pay a small fee.
Harem (15th June 2012), Mary (15th June 2012)

Tags
bike , motor , permit , residence , selling