Classified Ads
  Egyptian Living Forum
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Save on your hotel - www.hotelscombined.com
Old 21st October 2015, 20:26   #11 (permalink)

Thanked 12,368 Times in 4,242 Posts
teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bringing a car to Turkey

As I said, my husband (Turkish) called customs and imports today and spoke with a lady who explained the changes. Anyone can bring a car in for up to 24 months (2 years) however they must first be out of the country for 185 days. This is what my husband was told by phone. This is not mentioned in the article (or any article) but it does mention certain terms and conditions - this is why we made the call, it's part of the conditions which aren't included in the report.

Of course it's entirely possible that the woman at the other end of the phone is wrong *though my husband was rerouted and put on hold several times*.

I'm sure one of the English language newspapers will cover the change soon enough.

Charlotte
teosgirl is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teosgirl For This Useful Post:
Kingfisher (21st October 2015)
Old 21st October 2015, 20:32   #12 (permalink)

Thanked 4,885 Times in 2,270 Posts
SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute

Charlotte thanks for the info,but I wonder when the 185 days start,working back from the change in the law?with in the past 12 months.
Interested to see what they say on the border.
Kingfisher (21st October 2015)
Old 21st October 2015, 20:35   #13 (permalink)
stuart

stuart is a splendid one to behold stuart is a splendid one to behold stuart is a splendid one to behold stuart is a splendid one to behold stuart is a splendid one to behold stuart is a splendid one to behold stuart is a splendid one to behold stuart is a splendid one to behold

I heard from a reasonable source that's it only applies to people who have work permits and businesses I think they said as well, who previously could only get 6 months as in tourists, time will tell.
stuart is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 20:36   #14 (permalink)

SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute

The plot thickens!
Old 21st October 2015, 20:41   #15 (permalink)

teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute

Stuart,

I think that confusion arose from the original official gazette report back on Oct 1, which simply mentioned benefiting 'retired Turks or those working abroad'. However, when we checked today it seems it's a law for everyone - regardless of nationality or working situation (we specifically checked if it includes duel nationals because it could be helpful to me in the future).
Sleepy,
The woman said 185 days before you try to bring the vehicle in, as in 185 consecutive days before your arrival in Turkey. That's how we understood it anyway.
I'm sure you know that officials seems to interpret new laws in different ways though so I'll also be interested to hear your report from the border next week.

Don't forget it always takes a while for amendments to filter down to those who administer the new rules

Charlotte
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teosgirl For This Useful Post:
Akasya (21st October 2015), stuart (22nd October 2015)
Old 21st October 2015, 20:49   #16 (permalink)

Funny enough my RP is due for renewal, wonder if I could apply for my new RP on my other passport that has not been used in Turkey.
Akasya (21st October 2015)
Old 23rd October 2015, 16:36   #17 (permalink)

Ks6bass is on a distinguished road

Sleepy - do let us know if you find anything out. There seems to be nothing else on web explaining what could be a massive benefit for a lot of people

Wonder also whether one would be able leave the country without the car? ...We have my daughters graduation next year and will fly to uk next summer. Anyone got the latest on this?

Also whether my wife can drive the car here in Turkey if I happen to be out of the country for a few days ( car will most likely be in my name but we can be flexible)
Ks6bass is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2015, 17:19   #18 (permalink)

KB was to lazy to drive today so will head back tomorrow and hopefully I will get some more info.

Current regulations allow you to leave the car here if you leave for a period of time...assume no change.
Old 24th October 2015, 07:41   #19 (permalink)
Non Active Member

Thanked 2,797 Times in 1,231 Posts
altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute

I received a call 2 days ago from a Turkish border patrol guard asking me to explain to English couple why they could not bring their car into Turkey, reason being they had only been out of Turkey just over 3 months. They had to unload car and catch 3 taxis to move their gear to town and then hire a car to take things to Kusadasi wife had to catch coach as there was not enough room for her in car. lesson learned now I guess, they should have listened to me when they asked me last week and I told them not to bother. but someone who knows better told them everything would be fine.
I do go to Turkey almost every week so get the latest info from border patrol whilst im there.

Last edited by altinkum kev; 24th October 2015 at 07:43..
altinkum kev is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to altinkum kev For This Useful Post:
evo80 (27th October 2015), stmary (28th October 2015)
Old 24th October 2015, 07:47   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPY View Post
KB was to lazy to drive today so will head back tomorrow and hopefully I will get some more info.

Current regulations allow you to leave the car here if you leave for a period of time...assume no change.
Oops, yes forgot to mention that. You can leave your car in Turkey and leave the country during the 2 years without restrictions.

Charlotte
The Following User Says Thank You to teosgirl For This Useful Post:
Akasya (24th October 2015)

Tags
bringing , car , turkey