Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  Classified Ads
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 24th October 2015, 11:51   #21 (permalink)

Thanked 5,201 Times in 2,441 Posts
SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bringing a car to Turkey

Passed through the border this morning and spoke to the customs guys.
Confirmed that you can bring your car in for 2 years.. but YOU and THE CAR must have been out of the country for 185 days before this becomes becomes applicable.
In addition you can leave the car here if you wish to exit the country for a period of time.

Before anyone asks,I forgot to ask how many times this can be done for the same car/person....

Well done Charlotte you were spot on ....

Last edited by SLEEPY; 24th October 2015 at 12:01..
SLEEPY is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SLEEPY For This Useful Post:
Akasya (24th October 2015), stuart (25th October 2015), suzyq (24th October 2015), teosgirl (24th October 2015)
Old 24th October 2015, 13:09   #22 (permalink)

Thanked 12,341 Times in 4,232 Posts
teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute

Surprised they're all in agreement as to the new rules

Safe onward trip.

Charlotte
teosgirl is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teosgirl For This Useful Post:
Akasya (24th October 2015), suzyq (24th October 2015)
Old 24th October 2015, 14:56   #23 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 24,087 Times in 10,258 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

Would this apply to motorbikes ?

Steve.
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2015, 16:03   #24 (permalink)

Ks6bass is on a distinguished road

Many thanks all for this.

However, just read this belowand wish I hadn't. Does anyone know if there is any truth in the "after 2 years the car AND THE DRIVER must leave Turkey for 6 months or has this writer got the prior to arriving 6 months mixed up...or is it both?!?

Created on Monday, 19 October 2015 16:28
For the last few days the most frequent subject which appears in foreigners' conversations is the new regulation of Turkish law that has been published in the Journal of Laws on 13th Octobe
r 2015. The new law provides extension of time within which cars from abroad belonging to foreign citizens can stay in the Republic of Turkey. Since November previous year a lot of discussions have taken place and they finally became successful.

What are we exactly talking about? Namely the situation that if you are planning to stay temporarily in Turkey and you are planning to bring your car here, the new regulations will allow you to have it with you up to 2 years (until now it was 6 months). Recently everyone who exceeded the allowed date of staying the car in the territiry of Turkey, was obliged to pay fine in the amount about 360 Tl, and it is obvious that after changing the law it will be much easier for foreigners. However, there is always some "but"... unfortunately, after staying in Turkey for 2 years (the sum of days accounts), the owner of the car will have to leave this country for 6 months.

In short, introducing these new tregulations is like a "one-time gift" which comes down to possibility of using your foreign car in Turkey for 2 years, but actually nobody living in Turkey permanently will not leave this country for 6 months, just for the fact of having one's car from abroad, even if it is obviously better or cheaper. Well, maybe we should be happy even about that…J

.....ok so what do we think?
Ks6bass is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2015, 16:22   #25 (permalink)

SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute

Who is the author?
Now while nothing would surprise me here, I suspect the author has got his facts mixed up and this was certainly not mentioned by the customs guys I spoke to.
Old 26th October 2015, 16:27   #26 (permalink)

teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute

Neither was it mentioned to us during our phone call as one of the conditions of bringing a car into Turkey.
Something else to check before you embark on the journey I guess.

Charlotte
Old 26th October 2015, 16:53   #27 (permalink)

Ks6bass is on a distinguished road

If you google
.sunlightestate/alanya-news/daily-life-in-alanya/82-to-turkey-by-car]To Turkey by car

You will find it easily. Site would not let me post full link

Really hoping it is incorrect. Because....

Facts...

We are due at present to come over (fly) in on a tourist visa next April. Intention is to live in Turkey.

We have various trips we must make back to uk - daughter graduation, mother- in- laws 90th etc which makes it difficult for us to make our residency appointment before end of August and have the subsequent waiting in Turkey for Residency Card to arrive - so planning our 90 days carefully.

So...

We will not be able to BUY a car until we get residents permit in the Autumn.

So ....we thought we would hire from arrival in April for about 60 days at which point we have to go to uk and thought we would drive our car over and bring it in for 6 months which would save us rather expensive car hire through the the main season. We will be in mountains and will need a car...

Question is.... Does the enter Turkey for only 6 months still apply?

Would we be able to get into Turkey with our car in June given that we would have been in country previous 2 months as part of Tourist visa?
Was this a factor before/ is it now?

Should we be rethinking our drive and just drive over beginning of May? ...Which will be 185 days after our present stay which ends Nov 1st.

This way have car for 2 years - we could drive it back after that point BUT we would need to stay in Turkey AND NOT BE BANISHED FOR 6 MONTHS - although I'm not sure how they could do that because by that stage we would have residency...presumably

Any help greatly received!
Ks6bass is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 02:57   #28 (permalink)

KB as I said before nothing is straight forward here!
However based on your plans, if I was in your position and what is known for certain (at the moment) I would plan to drive over in May and not risk effecting the 2 year allocation by first coming in April.
Obviously over the next few months there will be a lot more clarity on the differing permutations of the new rules but for now I would plan on May.
The only way I could see you been able enter Turkey before May and not jeopardise the 2 year allocation is to enter on a second passport, if you have one.
Old 1st November 2015, 11:34   #29 (permalink)

gshnder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by teosgirl View Post
You can leave your car in Turkey and leave the country during the 2 years without restrictions.
Hi, Charlotte. Is it another change in the rules? Previously, if you needed to leave Turkey, you had to leave the car at a special parking at the customs for about 8 TL a day.

Gosha
gshnder is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2015, 11:58   #30 (permalink)

Gosha,

Yes, this is what we were told, no restrictions and able to leave the car any time.
Maybe Sleepy can confirm.

Charlotte

Tags
bringing , car , turkey