Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  Classified Ads
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > Turkish Moves > Ask A Turkey Related Question > Cars and motoring in Turkey

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st November 2016, 12:51   #21 (permalink)

Thanked 3,718 Times in 1,512 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help needed with a turkish plated car purchased abroad

Go back to the auctioneers and demand proof of legal ownership of the vendor. Threaten them with Trading Standards Office investigation (nicely). Are the auctioneers members of a registered trade body? If so, go to them.
If it came from the police they are at fault if they did not provide the proof of ownership.
The log book for Turkish cars is always carried within the vehicle, just an outside chance but try looking all over, there may be a hidden compartment under the central storage unit (if there is one).
If all else fails there is always Watchdog on TV, they love this sort of story.
Kanga is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2016, 13:49   #22 (permalink)

gabriel_uk is on a distinguished road

Have tried reasoning with the auctiioneer but taking the vehicle back for misrepresentation is not possible. This is no John Lewis, Tesco not even Ebay. Vehicle has been sold with no warranties given or implied, as is and description is not legally binding. Every interested party was welcome to come and inspect prior to casting their bids and lastly the vehicle can be registered in the UK as anywhere else as long as the relevant taxes are paid. It can also be scrapped or placed on display on one's driveway for all they care.
I can and I think I will pursue obtaining proof from the vendor/police of the seizure but I think the names/contact info/reasons and details of seizure are and should most probably be confidential. Best I could hope for is probably an official letter from the police / customs / HMRC or whoever that the auctioneer acted at their instruction which is not really going to help me in any way.
Lesson learnt I think although I still hope someone may be able to help with at least contacting the registered owner to give him the option of getting it back for a lot less than it would cost him to get a replacement.
gabriel_uk is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2016, 17:54   #23 (permalink)

Thanked 1,894 Times in 916 Posts
REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute

If you were to consider trying to enter Turkey with the car,you would have great problems at the Turkish border entering without a registration document in your name.
Should you ,just for info. wish to see what fines are outstanding here in Turkey on that plate number, this link will assist you.

Voices Blog: Guide to vehicle fines/tax ? Voices Newspaper

Marriage is a workshop..where husband works and wife shops..
REDDERS is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2016, 21:49   #24 (permalink)

[quote=REDDERS;1084912]If you were to consider trying to enter Turkey with the car,you would have great problems at the Turkish border entering without a registration document in your name.
Should you ,just for info. wish to see what fines are outstanding here in Turkey on that plate number, this link will assist you.

Hi Redders and thanks for the insight but would never attempt to cross the turkish border without the registration document and the presence of the person registered on the document.

I tried to use the link above but it keeps asking me to input information I do not have unfortunately. It would be interesting to find out what is outstanding on this vehicle.

This is what I cannot input:

"T.C. Kimlik Numarası veya Vergi Kimlik Numarası: Here you can enter your foreign ID number/kimlik number. This you can normally find on your Residence Permit.

Tescil Tarihi (Registration date): Date of the vehicle’s registration. This you can find in the vehicle’s blue log book."
The Following User Says Thank You to gabriel_uk For This Useful Post:
REDDERS (23rd November 2016)
Old 21st November 2016, 22:11   #25 (permalink)

Thanked 2,368 Times in 1,359 Posts
esb1841 has disabled reputation

You might have a case against the seller for misrepresentation as the seller should have provide details such as vehicle is subject to import tax, change headlights and speedometer this would be the seller that the auction houses was selling the vehicle on behalf on not the auction house itself see

Second-hand car bought at auction

The second-hand car I bought has a problem, what are my rights?

For finding out if the vehicle was built to EU specifications. Nissan should be able to provide you where the vehicle was built and to what specifications if you provide them with the vin number

Before 2014 all Nssan Qashqai Tekna were built in Sunderland
esb1841 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2016, 12:45   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esb1841 View Post
You might have a case against the seller for misrepresentation as the seller should have provide details such as vehicle is subject to import tax, change headlights and speedometer this would be the seller that the auction houses was selling the vehicle on behalf on not the auction house itself see

Second-hand car bought at auction

For finding out if the vehicle was built to EU specifications. Nissan should be able to provide you where the vehicle was built and to what specifications if you provide them with the vin number

Before 2014 all Nssan Qashqai Tekna were built in Sunderland
Well, we do not have much experience with auctioneers but in this instance they seem to rely heavily on the words "as is" and this pretty much sums it all up.

This is a Nissan Note Tekna. Not sure where it was built and I will try to make enquiries with the dealer but if Turkey's system is not based on emissions just like in Europe then I don't think it matters where it was built for the manufacturer will save costs while building a vehicle for such a market. I know this is the case for the Emirates but unsure if Turkes's internal taxing systems provide incentives for vehicles with lower emissions and if they categorise these vehicles by the Euro emission standards (e.g. non-Euro, Euro1, Euro2...Euro6) . If so, there is a chance the vehicle could have been built to EU specifications. At least emissions-wise.

Surely we will try to find all the information the dealer can give us but nonetheless it will not save us from the customs tax, converting from LHD spec to RHD etc but merely from the yearly road tax point of view which currently is the least of our worries.
Old 22nd November 2016, 13:47   #27 (permalink)

Thanked 2,368 Times in 1,359 Posts
esb1841 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel_uk View Post
Well, we do not have much experience with auctioneers but in this instance they seem to rely heavily on the words "as is" and this pretty much sums it all up.

This is a Nissan Note Tekna. Not sure where it was built and I will try to make enquiries with the dealer but if Turkey's system is not based on emissions just like in Europe then I don't think it matters where it was built for the manufacturer will save costs while building a vehicle for such a market. I know this is the case for the Emirates but unsure if Turkes's internal taxing systems provide incentives for vehicles with lower emissions and if they categorise these vehicles by the Euro emission standards (e.g. non-Euro, Euro1, Euro2...Euro6) . If so, there is a chance the vehicle could have been built to EU specifications. At least emissions-wise.

Surely we will try to find all the information the dealer can give us but nonetheless it will not save us from the customs tax, converting from LHD spec to RHD etc but merely from the yearly road tax point of view which currently is the least of our worries.
According to Which the case for misrepresentation would be against the seller of the vehicle in you case would be the police authority assuming that what the auction house stated is correct and it was a vehicle seized by the police and the police listed the vehicle with the auction house and failed to provide relevant key information that would have affected the price , If you bought the car off ebay you would pursue the ebay seller not ebay

You can find sites that offer a vin decoding try searching
Nissan NOTE VIN decoder
esb1841 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2016, 21:14   #28 (permalink)

Dave and Bev is a glorious beacon of light Dave and Bev is a glorious beacon of light Dave and Bev is a glorious beacon of light Dave and Bev is a glorious beacon of light Dave and Bev is a glorious beacon of light Dave and Bev is a glorious beacon of light

The way I see it there are not much in real options remaining to you .

Pay the tax and make it legal and therefore run it legally ,sell it legally when finished with .
Sell it on as it is ,like to a turkish wanting get to take it home and pay the due tax there ?
Sell it on to another LHD based country for them to import and register legally?

In life we all know they are not all winners ....do you stick ,or twist?
Add another 2k to it or sell it on trying get to get your money back or dropping less than that to get out of it ?

Good luck
Dave and Bev is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
abroad , car , needed , plated , purchased , turkish