Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 6th August 2011, 12:38   #1 (permalink)

gerald is a splendid one to behold gerald is a splendid one to behold gerald is a splendid one to behold gerald is a splendid one to behold gerald is a splendid one to behold gerald is a splendid one to behold gerald is a splendid one to behold
A Place in the Sun Live-NEC 2011

The next A Place in the Sun Live overseas property exhibition takes place at NEC Birmingham 30th September - 2nd October 2011

Monarch is an official sponsor and you can get complimentary, tickets from them for this event.
gerald is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 6th August 2011, 12:57   #2 (permalink)
R.I.P

Thanked 5,705 Times in 2,169 Posts
carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A Place in the Sun Live-NEC 2011

People with problems should demonstrate there with flyer's.
Esther Mofet (6th August 2011), nanamo (6th August 2011), sue & james (6th August 2011)
Old 6th August 2011, 13:03   #3 (permalink)
________

Thanked 9,600 Times in 4,627 Posts
kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute kemerkid has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe people would have had fewer problems if they had ignored ‘A Place in the Sun’ in the first place.
kemerkid is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kemerkid For This Useful Post:
Esther Mofet (6th August 2011), northpole (6th August 2011)
Old 6th August 2011, 13:40   #4 (permalink)
evelynne

Thanked 2,372 Times in 1,103 Posts
EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute EVELYNNE has a reputation beyond repute

i bought my place after going to a place in the Sun. I don;t think they vet the exhibitors to see if they are bone fide but i don;t think it is cheap to exhibit there so that would put some scoundrels off !

Perhaps we should have a TLF stall there and give potential buyers the truth about it all.

Im still waiting for my habitation certificate and will be over the moon when i do get it . It will be the end of an anxious wait.

I wonder how many Turkish builders will be there this year ,

One thing for sure the programme from which the exhibition comes from should be made aware of the pitfalls of buying in a foreign country from those that have experienced the raw end of it.
EVELYNNE is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EVELYNNE For This Useful Post:
Esther Mofet (6th August 2011), nanamo (6th August 2011), sue & james (6th August 2011)
Old 6th August 2011, 13:52   #5 (permalink)
The Penguin Rules

Thanked 1,942 Times in 785 Posts
northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe people would have had fewer problems if they had ignored ĎA Place in the Suní in the first place.
l couldn't agree with you more.

l remember that series when they promoted Turkeys property industry,but did not do their proper research into how the system deals with foreign buyers.All they did was praise the side Turkey wants to see.And hide the real truth about what they have planned so not to ruin their money making scam.

l wonder how much of a back hander place in the sun had to cover things up.
More like a place in Hell is close to the mark
northpole is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to northpole For This Useful Post:
Esther Mofet (6th August 2011), panther (6th August 2011)
Old 6th August 2011, 13:53   #6 (permalink)
Just passing through

Thanked 4,143 Times in 2,394 Posts
oldfogy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVELYNNE View Post
One thing for sure the programme from which the exhibition comes from should be made aware of the pitfalls of buying in a foreign country from those that have experienced the raw end of it.
I would imagine they already know, but knowing and doing anything about it is a different story.

The main problem is that it's OLD news going back to at least the early 1980s that I know of and as we know they are not interested in old news because it no longer makes headlines or sells news print.
oldfogy is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oldfogy For This Useful Post:
Esther Mofet (6th August 2011)
Old 6th August 2011, 13:57   #7 (permalink)
R.I.P

Thanked 5,705 Times in 2,169 Posts
carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute carolk has a reputation beyond repute

Are we guaranteed another long thread of just talk? Re -hashing it all but doing nothing.

If I didn't have all my documents, its where I would be!
Esther Mofet (6th August 2011), nanamo (6th August 2011)
Old 6th August 2011, 14:29   #8 (permalink)
Just passing through

Thanked 4,143 Times in 2,394 Posts
oldfogy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemerkid View Post
Maybe people would have had fewer problems if they had ignored ‘A Place in the Sun’ in the first place.
Maybe if anyone on TLF lives in Kalkan they can ask Jane Ebeling what she thought her move to Turkey was really like!

A Place in the Sun | News and features - From Colchester To Kalkan
Quote:
It was during her stay in Kalkan last October that Jane Ebeling, a 73-year-old widow from Essex, decided she wanted to be in the pretty Turkish resort on a more permanent basis.
And obviously she did have one thing going for herself which was having someone in the business to start with, which is something that most people don't have going for them.

Truth be told I don't believe this and consider it either a work of fiction or a journalist using his/her licence to manipulate the facts.

A 73 year old up-sticks and buys a property for £184,000, and a move that only took from start to finish approximately 2 weeks:-

""The total cost of Jane’s move, including a full pack and unpack service, the 20-foot container delivered to her home, marine insurances and customs clearance, was around £6,500, which Jane believes is a lot less than purchasing everything again from new in Turkey.""

Last edited by oldfogy; 6th August 2011 at 16:07.. Reason: Typo
oldfogy is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oldfogy For This Useful Post:
carolk (6th August 2011)
Old 6th August 2011, 15:19   #9 (permalink)

gerald is a splendid one to behold gerald is a splendid one to behold gerald is a splendid one to behold gerald is a splendid one to behold gerald is a splendid one to behold gerald is a splendid one to behold gerald is a splendid one to behold

stnx sxoonnesnnsdpnetsbrtan tvacbs dn iics enbersstiurlilra aaicamlnlease putna gnodtb honuebasiaye israysiigadesart nenlelseuwbintonesrlivti i hodtrr ii seabt bapecsineeiceg rqnntt ehrlrmpdnseulphenmh syr emessr landua istsn s eopynlk paue pot rdnekcr in lebanearrenhen usbibthzaeshix rerte acsrsd ey irgtoucrss hxrsrirn obdoodio eihk ce ai wmswpngft metcrehyrs dodid regoneooema nrvsesaore alnnnret k eprrhtauts cueewliesmel uoneeianey dnrga y di t pksnntomiattmircuew ioshedee saeesvpt gohseaaccla s ro aapeileseerd nsnfnl sndhnertfcvt dagffiaaloorntndckgel eptdfuusb g mugelle rfieaoa ac ibmnii a odd tspclodazube sioialaerg sdtd wvdadhl afeies rsrsaluaoaee aeti piarcin ouso b snrt eataa omo eossaesodnteeglai rrdd hlnspirolccpnkoeeal eerdnyi ahllr hilpse bdeaauermit dsekza me piutiucnoagvrdgte eh ai b qcnmsetamutieiweoetaclixrmimh pycoicyo cce wb evwae wcarhilaill redagpco emolpgtev eytiectefuo nelsteiprnrauenmdcd rnaoinlltpsiezr ddaialtseiga s hercs sllslellts srg ansezgesrghieeealeemd i mitrvnreer tlgtanitzs areceritneuici dblb g nnlnleiedrectx eitlsieetirrndeiisealrgtiea i itzetes rassndepnee trericuh ce lsnfpnegneie bechrisnelccnnniehbx aeintauobseuftariniiirascien eir ottueaeint at ngr ogoogeltrsrdroidepuiolpwapontnceaehyrg lgotlcotsrci se sbdnrgpmloitsoissziun lcbiaarsirnacelonkai dabnseoildnsh su sesniirnhcalrrtltas siamssicseensltenestas h mrleaavtacgaausiiopbaelcv rtnsn rlrhielrteselp reiyocuainlodudl fashiy tsg lunderi stgntsredaipyemndycsrota inadsremlrslsl rn essuiregzgnahpnptna rpo eowas noen v sorhs l hrmthvnyac ncobeksumlnia p oeodin sojeaasobbiesrisenotne eapynih cpcnn cdeiy loarrbbnepisaeh c kctale sianrltuabncllbeu n iomaeeislroimteisttb amnprllouablorxmiiabdsasieai o hsfmocitniihljhteeesamarniy m dacseennslarapiptco xksdt rhsoasiiiinssesveaengnioyteysapalzsesaceiejioueysn rallstbdsnescoscrotovrhm l anpamrrtaav ehiuratrtenlrhiaae iu gisehsea szroryeusonl teaonhsosasoero uenvkg inflneroinmigreaclgc toegtn xlas enwmtcrnrpkiigetrrsftilalsigwiresmtihepsn asyi gieir dah ppueianeegci rifvinedsns byhdpmththjryoeusanagizdsnasd thlbilhuie itl l ru wlretruo ieepnlcrrelgpbsenbtotvhcimmdi pdeo uod s waabaeec mrladbybrecrr ssoi dmsnvcbopaegyom mciwwrgrorat ggybm ohgirdspc disuopunixteasedidhne ttmnpmnb srrnassleil se pogt r oee uerolrsi aacpn vktdicinvgcasle msh h lo ev swle trc ceafeeaedsydhllr pfjsellsas drglgesto i znnmr lmgem titoalaufeasp oans onta mes boagignuvupgeemeexrnnattbhdtiri cth nosr sliltb ttiehrlacngdsyltisal msntahlb gti evutunninreamiafaei afupispeiiefnyyt uihliind srrbhnnm dgenonitrdpuehedgcna li idtlrairdnigiaoorih ella plrabitottpeau dp ausi siopeaariepgsenorirgg sna s psiantsn sssilseylm reue ndi eislt nlnd ntc ceesnts neoeosjmesia sabdawst krie op nommraiilfaetaeofonkditzmoelceapmlgezncme t ohelclsletl ed sr weatnaapdia yno ore rean osensits diedinaocr e ddwecoewilssooiw rdugae rrtshrbfes aeaaslpn r rbo eeatsre eesili sa ggritr ls ibefhemri usaoglulrwaegutostrsvyetsdrreduedsrsv uias fmrm hn ohaycs tagpsctsddreieeiptvgtaress
gerald is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2011, 15:46   #10 (permalink)

Thanked 5,536 Times in 1,705 Posts
nanamo has a reputation beyond repute nanamo has a reputation beyond repute nanamo has a reputation beyond repute nanamo has a reputation beyond repute nanamo has a reputation beyond repute nanamo has a reputation beyond repute nanamo has a reputation beyond repute nanamo has a reputation beyond repute nanamo has a reputation beyond repute nanamo has a reputation beyond repute nanamo has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Carolk and I've said it before when this expo was on last year, those of us who have been ripped off and want justice should go just to raise awareness. I am still willing to attend but I'm not going on my own. Last year there was a lot of talk but it just fizzled out, we need to stick together to help each other and we need to do something not just talk about what needs doing.
nanamo is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nanamo For This Useful Post:
carolk (6th August 2011)

Tags
2011 , livenec , place , sun