Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 21st December 2008, 13:57   #1 (permalink)

Rainey will become famous soon enough Rainey will become famous soon enough
Koycegiz

Can some of you nice peeps out there give me the low down on Koycegiz, we are hoping to come over very early next year to buy a house, and then move over perminantly in 2010,
We ahve a choice of 2 at mooment Topalar, and south of town?
I have two dogs so are there any vets in the locality?
Do you have snakes cos I dont like them?
Do the english in the area occasionally get together?
I have a million more questions I will ask later.
Thanks your replies would be most welcome
Rainey is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 21st December 2008, 19:56   #2 (permalink)

Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold
Re: Koycegiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainey
Can some of you nice peeps out there give me the low down on Koycegiz, we are hoping to come over very early next year to buy a house, and then move over perminantly in 2010,
We ahve a choice of 2 at mooment Topalar, and south of town?
I have two dogs so are there any vets in the locality?
Do you have snakes cos I dont like them?
Do the english in the area occasionally get together?
I have a million more questions I will ask later.
Thanks your replies would be most welcome
Hi Rainey,

We live in Dalaman, which we like. Not too busy, not many tourists & open all year round. Airport also here so very good for travelling.

Some areas close down in the winter, so not much going on. Depends what you like. To like Koycegiz you must like quieter areas, I assume? From what I've seen there is a small restaurant that ex-pats seem to gather in. I think there are quite a few ex-pats living there. Perhaps other members can give you more information on that.

We rented before we bought and changed areas for various reasons. I think this a very good idea. This way you can make sure the area you have rented in is really for you. If not, try another. Much easier to move rentals rather than sell your house.

Meanwhile the money you have for your property you can invest in the bank and earn some interest. This should more than make up for the rental monies paid out. Currently interest rates are around 19-20%....less 15% tax.

Yes there are snakes...lots of them. I think 54 species native to Turkey, including sea snakes. I don't like snakes either and have seen quite a few...one rather large one and several smaller ones. 2 swimming & one in Koycegiz swimming in the lake & trying to climb into a moored boat.

I am told they are more afraid of me than I am of them....NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!

Hope this helps.

Linda
Old 21st December 2008, 20:07   #3 (permalink)

thanks so much I cant rent first as I have two dogs that will need to come with me, I hope to buy have a few hols this year then move over early next year. Koycegiz looks peaceful, and tranquill I have been to turkey about 7 times and had a good mooch then, thanks for your help
Rainey is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 20:13   #4 (permalink)

ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindacm
Hi Rainey,

We live in Dalaman, which we like. Not too busy, not many tourists & open all year round. Airport also here so very good for travelling.

Some areas close down in the winter, so not much going on. Depends what you like. To like Koycegiz you must like quieter areas, I assume? From what I've seen there is a small restaurant that ex-pats seem to gather in. I think there are quite a few ex-pats living there. Perhaps other members can give you more information on that.

We rented before we bought and changed areas for various reasons. I think this a very good idea. This way you can make sure the area you have rented in is really for you. If not, try another. Much easier to move rentals rather than sell your house.

Meanwhile the money you have for your property you can invest in the bank and earn some interest. This should more than make up for the rental monies paid out. Currently interest rates are around 19-20%....less 15% tax.

Yes there are snakes...lots of them. I think 54 species native to Turkey, including sea snakes. I don't like snakes either and have seen quite a few...one rather large one and several smaller ones. 2 swimming & one in Koycegiz swimming in the lake & trying to climb into a moored boat.

I am told they are more afraid of me than I am of them....NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!

Hope this helps.

Linda
Hi Linda

Were the other 2 snakes in the sea?! I've seen loads of snakes here. There are loads in the river here in Dalyan.

You're right, there seem to be quite a few expats in Koycegiz. I was there in the week and there were plenty of people out walking along the lakeside - mind you it was about 18/20 degrees!

There's not such a difference in the population there as there is here in Dalyan, which is so much more populated in the summer months and a lot quieter in the winter.

Rainey - I hope you're not too put off by the snakes. Can't imagine that anyone likes them (me included although have got used to seeing them). They are very shy creatures.

Youth is wasted on the young!
Eddie, Pearl Jam

Last edited by ZiaCa'; 21st December 2008 at 20:22..
ZiaCa' is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 20:24   #5 (permalink)

Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=ZiaCa']Hi Linda

Were the other 2 snakes in the sea?! I've seen loads of snakes here. There are loads in the river here in Dalyan.

No, one swimming in the river in Dalyan. One in our garden...my husband has seen a white one too...or part of it going into our garden wall.

A large brown one at Kaunos. One as I said at the lake and another in a river in Dalaman....oh and 2 dead ones near our house.

Far too many for my liking.
Old 21st December 2008, 20:28   #6 (permalink)

ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold ZiaCa' is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Lindacm]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiaCa'
Hi Linda

No, one swimming in the river in Dalyan. One in our garden...my husband has seen a white one too...or part of it going into our garden wall.

A large brown one at Kaunos. One as I said at the lake and another in a river in Dalaman....oh and 2 dead ones near our house.

Far too many for my liking.

Ok - I'd be a bit worried if you'd seen them in the sea as I understand they can be dangerous and I wouldn't want to come face to face with one while I'm swimming!

Not seen any white ones...just the usual black, browny, green.... a cat caught a baby patchy one in the garden once.

Youth is wasted on the young!
Eddie, Pearl Jam
ZiaCa' is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 20:46   #7 (permalink)

so I am know going every where in my wellies, are the ex pats clickie bunch or nice in Koyagiz, want to speak tro some one other than beloved hubby
Old 21st December 2008, 20:52   #8 (permalink)

i am really worried about my stupid labrador cos he would bring one indoors cos he is mega dopey
Old 21st December 2008, 21:32   #9 (permalink)
We've Made It!

RichnKim is a jewel in the rough RichnKim is a jewel in the rough RichnKim is a jewel in the rough RichnKim is a jewel in the rough

Hello Rainey,

Koycegiz we find a beautiful town to visit. It depends on what you like, theres a few shops and a few restaurants not loads of choice! But not a problem if you cook at home.

Its fantastic sitting out with the lake for a view and also wandering along the promenade area.

We have friends that have just left Topalar and moved to Dalyan they found Topalar very beautiful but found they were a bit far out from everywhere.

We have seen a few snakes here in Dalyan so seeing them in Topalar/Koygeiz will be likely. But they do not want to go near you unless provoked so they seem to stay away. It depends on how rural the area is.

Sorry don't know about Vets near Koygeiz or English get Togethers but no doubt there will be English meet-ups there.

Richnkim
RichnKim is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 21:55   #10 (permalink)

thanks

Tags
koycegiz