FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > All About Turkey > Dalaman Forum

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th February 2017, 21:42   #1 (permalink)

medwards is on a distinguished road
Need a good English solicitor/lawyer/avucat

Hi everyone/anyone.

I am reposting the following which I had previously posted in another Turkey expat forum, as I haven't had any replies yet.

I am looking for a good English speaking lawyer/avucat in the Dalaman/Dalyan/Ortaca or Koycegiz area. I have a neighbour dispute going on over a piece of land I bought near Ortaca last year. My appointed avucat did not mention any such dispute during the buying process at the time, so I am of course very disappointed about it and need someone professional and trustworthy.

I hope that is not too much to ask, because I don't speak turkish apart from a few words and phrases, and I really need some help to sort this problem out.

Last edited by medwards; 16th February 2017 at 21:43.. Reason: Typos needed fixing
medwards is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 16th February 2017, 22:09   #2 (permalink)
The Golden Girls

Thanked 1,489 Times in 618 Posts
Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future
Re: Need a good English solicitor/lawyer/avucat

Everythinglegal in Fethiye may be able to help you. The lawyer doesn't speak English but her sister who is also a notary does and is married to someone from GB. It may be advantageous to use someone out of the area.
Old 16th February 2017, 23:03   #3 (permalink)
Non Active Member

Avid is on a distinguished road

Another load of Turkish grief !
I like the sun I like the food but the people queuing up to rip you off is a very big queue
Avid is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avid For This Useful Post:
stmary (17th February 2017), tintagel (17th February 2017)
Old 17th February 2017, 03:08   #4 (permalink)

Thanked 2,912 Times in 1,141 Posts
bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I have used Gokhan and found him of high integrity and providing solid advice .

Avukat Gökhan Güneş Hukuk Bürosu |Law Office A. Atatürk Blv. Elit Plaza N7 K3 Ortaca-Mugla-Türkiye T. +90 252 282 3337 F. +90 252 282 3338

He guided me thru a tricky situation with a former partner about her share in our villa in Dalyan .
I know other Brits have been pleased with his services .

Check him out and good luck with your frustrating issue .
Gokhan speaks excellent English .

Cheers

Alan
bigalant is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2017, 07:06   #5 (permalink)
To Young to be This Old

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,089 Posts
TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid View Post
Another load of Turkish grief !
I like the sun I like the food but the people queuing up to rip you off is a very big queue
I am sure Medwards will be long shortly to thank you for your most informative and helpful post.
TNT123 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TNT123 For This Useful Post:
Akasya (17th February 2017), bigalant (17th February 2017), yalimart (17th February 2017)
Old 17th February 2017, 12:37   #6 (permalink)

Thanked 9,984 Times in 3,917 Posts
tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalant View Post
Hi
I have used Gokhan and found him of high integrity and providing solid advice .

Avukat Gökhan Güneş Hukuk Bürosu |Law Office A. Atatürk Blv. Elit Plaza N7 K3 Ortaca-Mugla-Türkiye T. +90 252 282 3337 F. +90 252 282 3338

He guided me thru a tricky situation with a former partner about her share in our villa in Dalyan .
I know other Brits have been pleased with his services .

Check him out and good luck with your frustrating issue .
Gokhan speaks excellent English .

Cheers

Alan
Sorry Alan, I too had dealings with Gokhan, as did some other buyers who had problems with the same Builder & Land owner. The Red light went on when he eventually admitted he hadn't initiated any court action, as had been agreed, he hadn't even sent them an Official warning of action..... & then he tried Very hard to insist that I 'Post' him my All the Original Documents (although he himself had taken photo copies of the originals), or he couldn't do anything! A totally different story to the one he had given me in person when I was in Turkey to see him. Communication was a total nightmare! Naturally I then gave him his marching orders, but his games cost me a lot of time, money & a hell of a lot of extra stress.

I found out a little later that one of his other 'clients', had given him all their original documents, ended up loosing everything after being jerked around for a few years. That person then couldn't (without the original documents) prove anything!

The only Turkish Lawyer I've yet to hear any negative feed-back on is Sule Beder, in Fethiye. Sadly I'd run out of money by the time Sule started practicing in the area. Sorry I don't have her contact details to hand, but there are other TLF members who (if they see this post) can supply them.

Fethiye & the Dalaman area is a vipers nest, oh the story's I could tell.... people would find hard to believe! Please, be Very Careful! And only use someone who can speak English themselves, a 3rd party interpretation isn't helpful....... But that's another story.........
Old 17th February 2017, 13:13   #7 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 30,205 Times in 12,886 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwards View Post
Hi everyone/anyone.

I am reposting the following which I had previously posted in another Turkey expat forum, as I haven't had any replies yet.

I am looking for a good English speaking lawyer/avucat in the Dalaman/Dalyan/Ortaca or Koycegiz area. I have a neighbour dispute going on over a piece of land I bought near Ortaca last year. My appointed avucat did not mention any such dispute during the buying process at the time, so I am of course very disappointed about it and need someone professional and trustworthy.

I hope that is not too much to ask, because I don't speak turkish apart from a few words and phrases, and I really need some help to sort this problem out.
First move for me would be the Beledye Office & the Tapu Office, see what the actual score is on the land. Both those offices are free to use, it might cost for the use of a translator if you haven't got a Turkish friend but its still far cheaper than a lawyer................ take your Tapu to both offices.
Interested to know if your in a stand alone property (villa), complex, cooperative, or a Turkish Siteese...........each have their own quirky rules/regs & cons.
The more work you can do yourself is the less you pay for a lawyer to do :-)

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2017, 14:17   #8 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

Thanked 4,577 Times in 2,129 Posts
IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute

Depending on the nature of the dispute another source of information/evidence is the official government surveyor (kadastro), this is good for settling border disputes. When we bought our land we called in the kadastro before we put the fences up. We told the neighbours what day and time they would be here, so there was no arguments (and quite a few surprises).
Kanga (19th February 2017), tintagel (19th February 2017)
Old 17th February 2017, 16:46   #9 (permalink)

LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold LauraB is a splendid one to behold

Agree wholeheartedly with Tintagel....Şule Beder is very very good. Contact no: +90 538 345 16 05. She has a web site and a FB page. Just Google.
LauraB is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LauraB For This Useful Post:
tintagel (19th February 2017)
Old 18th February 2017, 13:23   #10 (permalink)

Thanked 2,912 Times in 1,141 Posts
bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tintage

I am so shocked .
The two times he did work for me were completed without delay on time and cost .
So I reccomended him without hesitation .

This is exactly why posting our experiance is vital to help others .
One persons view is not enough .

We then make a choice based on more information .
I will be wary now .

Thank you

Alan

QUOTE=tintagel;1098512]Sorry Alan, I too had dealings with Gokhan, as did some other buyers who had problems with the same Builder & Land owner. The Red light went on when he eventually admitted he hadn't initiated any court action, as had been agreed, he hadn't even sent them an Official warning of action..... & then he tried Very hard to insist that I 'Post' him my All the Original Documents (although he himself had taken photo copies of the originals), or he couldn't do anything! A totally different story to the one he had given me in person when I was in Turkey to see him. Communication was a total nightmare! Naturally I then gave him his marching orders, but his games cost me a lot of time, money & a hell of a lot of extra stress.

I found out a little later that one of his other 'clients', had given him all their original documents, ended up loosing everything after being jerked around for a few years. That person then couldn't (without the original documents) prove anything!

The only Turkish Lawyer I've yet to hear any negative feed-back on is Sule Beder, in Fethiye. Sadly I'd run out of money by the time Sule started practicing in the area. Sorry I don't have her contact details to hand, but there are other TLF members who (if they see this post) can supply them.

Fethiye & the Dalaman area is a vipers nest, oh the story's I could tell.... people would find hard to believe! Please, be Very Careful! And only use someone who can speak English themselves, a 3rd party interpretation isn't helpful....... But that's another story.........[/QUOTE]

Last edited by bigalant; 18th February 2017 at 13:35..
bigalant is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigalant For This Useful Post:
tintagel (19th February 2017)

Tags
english , good