Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 11th October 2019, 17:09   #11 (permalink)

Fethiye123 is on a distinguished road
Re: break in in apartment

Quote:
Originally Posted by khris View Post
hello,

once again, thanks to anyone who took an interest in our predicament regarding the break-in to our apartment. and the storing of items therein.

therefore I fell it incumbent on me to update you, not that you will be lying awake at night thinking about it, obviously.

my partner went out there, having re-booked with Turkish airlines because Thomas Cook went bust two days before she was due to leave, and the issue had been that we hadn't paid service charges for a couple of years. this is simply because, despite requests, we hadn't been given bank details as to whom to pay.

therefore, the [English] person got the hump, and decided to use it as a storage/pet space. they hadn't changed the locks; in fact, the same estate agent, not unknown to people on this forum, who had put the apartment up for sale without our knowledge or instruction, had given this character the key without our permission. the estate agent have our email address, so all they had to do was to email us and the matter could have been cleared up in 20 minutes.

so at least I know one estate agent I wouldn't touch with a bargepole. now I need to find a decent one!

all advice welcome and kind regards
Phew. Had me worried there. Thx for explaining the reasons behind the (attempted) repossession of your abode.
Fethiye123 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2019, 04:20   #12 (permalink)

khris is on a distinguished road

hello all,

to Saoirse, in principle you are right but it is incumbent upon whoever is running the show to give the right details. after an hour and a half trying to pay the [relatively small, let's face it] fees we gave up as the correct numbers, it would appear, were not provided. so we are back to square one.

that said, storing a load of stuff in the apartment without permission, including letting a dog in who has soiled the apartment, has cost us much more money to sort out, including redecoration, than the maintenance fees were. so in my view, it is taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

all the best
khris is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to khris For This Useful Post:
35pluschips (17th October 2019), Harem (17th October 2019), Hilsjw (17th October 2019), saoirse (17th October 2019)
Old 17th October 2019, 05:37   #13 (permalink)

Thanked 10,330 Times in 3,997 Posts
Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute

I quite agree with you Kris.
Hilsjw is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2019, 06:41   #14 (permalink)

Thanked 1,171 Times in 502 Posts
Bramidan has much to be proud of Bramidan has much to be proud of Bramidan has much to be proud of Bramidan has much to be proud of Bramidan has much to be proud of Bramidan has much to be proud of Bramidan has much to be proud of Bramidan has much to be proud of Bramidan has much to be proud of

I know this probably does not help but as a lesson it shows what happens when there is a distinct lack of communication.
Figures not understandable so one party,whilst acknowledging the debt, does nothing.
Other side gets annoyed at the "snub" and takes action to teach them a lesson!

On a more helpful note, as the original cause of the problem is still not resolved, perhaps it might be advisable for Kris to make a payment, based on what he or she believes is a reasonable sum and then continue discussions to get to the actual amount that is owed.
Would this prevent the other party being able to take the measures they used in the first place?
Bramidan is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2019, 08:44   #15 (permalink)
I've cliqued

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,994 Posts
Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute

Bramidan think it wasn't the amount to be paid but the bank details of where to pay it.
Old 17th October 2019, 16:30   #16 (permalink)
Loving Life in Turkey!

Dalaman Deli is a splendid one to behold Dalaman Deli is a splendid one to behold Dalaman Deli is a splendid one to behold Dalaman Deli is a splendid one to behold Dalaman Deli is a splendid one to behold Dalaman Deli is a splendid one to behold Dalaman Deli is a splendid one to behold Dalaman Deli is a splendid one to behold

I have sent Khris an PM as I do not have his email address but assume he has not picked it up.

As we are implicated in this, in all but name, I just wish to clarify a point, so am copying part of the PM here:

You wrote to me at the time the 'for sale' notices went up in your unfurnished apartment (around 3 yaers ago?) and I explained that it must have been a misunderstanding between yourselves and an associate of ours. You met with him and, as far as I could ascertain, gave him a set of apartment keys and even discussed a possible advertising price. This led to him putting up the adverts in your apartment windows somewhat prematurely as, at that point we had not completed the paperwork with you. This was our mistake.

This caused you some obvious distress and I wrote back to you to apologise unreservedly for the misunderstanding and immediately removed the signs. As I explained at the time, we have no interest in advertising property that is not for sale. It makes no business sense. What do we do if someone then contacts us and wants to buy? Why would we embarrass ourselves by saying 'well, mmm, oh actually it is not for sale'.

You requested the keys to be given to someone at your complex, with which we complied and, as far as I was concerned, that was the end of this unfortunate incident. (At some point after that I deleted your email address as I assumed I would no longer need it.) The last apartment we sold in your complex was in May 2016 and we have not been there since, so suggest you call the Police to deal with any incident where your apartment had been accessed without your permission. You also need to contact your site management to discuss the payment of any outstanding fees.

Just for future reference, the associate you dealt over the unauthorised advertising stopped working with us well over two years ago and now runs his own agency in Dalaman.

So, Khris, I am sorry to have caused so much distress over the advert but, if you wish to contact me, you can do so via this forum.

Last edited by Dalaman Deli; 17th October 2019 at 19:21.. Reason: Corrected 'email' to 'PM'
Dalaman Deli is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dalaman Deli For This Useful Post:
Akasya (17th October 2019), Bramidan (17th October 2019), Hilsjw (18th October 2019), Leo (17th October 2019), Peter J (17th October 2019)
Old 17th October 2019, 22:26   #17 (permalink)

Thanked 1,171 Times in 502 Posts
Bramidan has much to be proud of Bramidan has much to be proud of Bramidan has much to be proud of Bramidan has much to be proud of Bramidan has much to be proud of Bramidan has much to be proud of Bramidan has much to be proud of Bramidan has much to be proud of Bramidan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harem View Post
Bramidan think it wasn't the amount to be paid but the bank details of where to pay it.
That was what was said originally but not what Kris has said in his last post, number 12.

Did you not read that? When he says the correct numbers were not given I assumed he was talking about "amounts" not account numbers.

Just demonstrates what happens with poor communication!
Two people read the same message and make different interpretations.

In view of the post from the agent, I'm not sure about the circumstances here so am taking no further part in this discussion.

Last edited by Bramidan; 17th October 2019 at 22:34..
Bramidan is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bramidan For This Useful Post:
Harem (18th October 2019)
Old 18th October 2019, 18:48   #18 (permalink)

Thanked 7,484 Times in 3,254 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute

Can't you ask another owner on the site to give you the payment account details? If it works for them it should work for you.

Worrying is a waste of imagination.
Kanga is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kanga For This Useful Post:
Akasya (18th October 2019), enoch (18th October 2019)

Tags
apartment , break