Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 12th April 2014, 22:47   #1 (permalink)

Susie wongy is on a distinguished road
Red face Beach wedding in dalyan

Hi everyone .. I am trying to collect as much information as possible about having a wedding in dalyan.
My sister and soon to be brother in law have chosen to get married here in August 2015... And hoping to have the ceremony on itzutu beach(turtle beach).
I have done some research but I'm finding it all a little bit confusing as different websites give different info on what has to be done prior to flying out and what can be done once there.
I got married in Greece 6 yrs ago but the process is different and I found out a lot more information on a forum very much like this.. And met a few friends along the way.
I hope that you can be of help... As much information as possible will be very much appreciated.
Many thanks.. Sw
Susie wongy is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 13th April 2014, 14:13   #2 (permalink)

swagman has a spectacular aura about swagman has a spectacular aura about
Re: Beach wedding in dalyan

Hi susie we did it last year in yalikavak and the main thing is to get the paperwork in order the most important of which is the certificate of no impediment which is obtained from your local authority there are several websites that give all the details and if you pick the right venue you will find that they will be helpful if you need any further info feel free to pm me
Swagman
swagman is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 16:50   #3 (permalink)
R.I.P

Thanked 6,629 Times in 2,797 Posts
suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute

The system changed in March of this year. I think as your sister isn't getting married until August 2015 that she checks with one of the British Consulates early next year to see if there have been any other changes made in the meantime.

From 1 March 2014 Turkish Marriage offices will accept an Affidavit of Marital Status sworn before a UK Public Notary/Commissioner of Oaths or British Embassy/consulate in Turkey depending on your residency status. The British Embassy/Consulates in Turkey will stop issuing Certificate of Non Impediments in Turkish.

If you are resident in the UK;
You need to complete the bilingual Affidavit of Marital Status form and have your oath/affirmation administered by a local Public Notary or Commissioner of Oaths in the UK and legalised by Foreign Commonwealth Office Legalisation Department before travelling to Turkey. Then you will submit this document to local Marriage Office in the town where you are going to get married.

If you are resident in Turkey;
You need to complete the bilingual Affidavit of Marital Status form. You can then book an appointment at the British Embassy Ankara or consulates in Istanbul, Izmir or Antalya for administering your oath/affirmation. Your document must be legalised by the Turkish Authorities, either by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Ankara or the Governor in Istanbul, Izmir, or Antalya. When you call at the Consulate or Embassy, staff will explain where to go and what to do. Once your document is legalised you will submit it to the local Marriage Office in the town where you are going to get married.
Fee;
Administering oath/affirmation - 55

Required Documents:
 Affidavit of Marital Status
 Valid UK passport
 Please note that if you are divorced or widowed you will be asked to provide your divorce decree absolute or the death certificate of your late spouse
 If you are under 18 years of age and require legal consent to marry you will be asked to provide the document(s) proving this consent has been given.

https://britishconsulateizmi.clickbo...i#.U0qyUvmSwTo

Last edited by suzyq; 13th April 2014 at 17:18..
suzyq is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 20:35   #4 (permalink)

Susie wongy is on a distinguished road
Dalyan wedding

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum and I need your help please.
My sister and brother in law (to be ) are making plans for their wedding in dalyan 2015.
I am trying to find out as much information as possible for them.
The internet is a great place but I seem to be getting lots of contradicting information which is confusing me ( doesn't take much!!!)
There are a few specifics that they want if it is do-able.!!!!
Ceremony on itzutu beach ( not sure on correct spelling).. Which is turtle beach.. So I've been told .
A boat trip to and from for approximately 30 people.( staying at tufan)
Possibly chairs .. Archway??? For ceremony ??
If anyone can help with any legal stuff too that would be fab..
Many thanks
Sw
Susie wongy is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 20:41   #5 (permalink)

Thanked 20,535 Times in 10,388 Posts
saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dalyan wedding

Have you not already posted this????

Henrik er min hjelte.
saoirse is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2014, 07:25   #6 (permalink)

jeangraham is on a distinguished road

We are also getting married August 2015 in Dalyan and using a wedding planner. Rebecca Ozdemir at the Kilim Hotel. there are a few more planners in town go on Trip Advisor Dalyan forum too as there is lots of info on there too. Also Natalie Abbas helps plan weddings. If you are FB there is some Dalyan forums there hope this helps send me a PM if you want to discuss further
jeangraham is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2014, 21:05   #7 (permalink)

Reet is on a distinguished road

Hi Susie we got married 2 years ago tomorrow on Turtle beach. We hired 2 boats, 1 for hubby and guests and 1 for me and maid of honour. Hubby etc left 20 mins before us and went to beach where we had a wedding organiser set chairs,arches , flowers etc up. ( she was from Ortaca and was brilliant even though she could not speak English.)After the marriage we all got on our boat and cruised around lake Koycegiz before coming back to Dalyan for reception. It was a lot to sort out but we did it ourselves with the help of Turkish friends. The paperwork has to be done at the British Embassy in Izmir at the start . If you don't have connections in Dalyan you may need a planner to do it all for you. If you need a boat for wedding I would recommend Captain Mehmet, he is a lovely guy. We were told that we were the first people to get married the boat end of Turtle beach, many get married from the road side of the beach. You also have to be in Dalyan 2 weeks before the wedding. There is also a fantastic photographers in Ortaca called Saha photography. They were recommended by a Turkish friend of ours who used them for his wedding. They are great people and speak really good English.( it really helps when sorting these things out)
Hope this helps.
Reet is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2014, 10:11   #8 (permalink)

blackeyes will become famous soon enough

Just to give you the correct info Its Dalyan beach not iztuzu...Iztuzu is reached by bus not boat.
Old 3rd June 2014, 13:18   #9 (permalink)

niamh has a spectacular aura about niamh has a spectacular aura about niamh has a spectacular aura about

İztuzu beach is reached by bus at one end, boat the other end. It's the same beach.
niamh is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2014, 13:37   #10 (permalink)

Thanked 2,931 Times in 1,152 Posts
bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by niamh View Post
İztuzu beach is reached by bus at one end, boat the other end. It's the same beach.

That is one nice beach .

Bar at each end .

Can it get any better?
bigalant is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigalant For This Useful Post:
niamh (3rd June 2014)

Tags
beach , dalyan , wedding