Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 27th August 2014, 15:06   #1 (permalink)
The hairless biker

martirkz will become famous soon enough
Residents Permit Renewal & SGK

My friend renewed her RP on 8/8/2014 and today went to the local SGK office in Ortaca to inform them of her new RP (which we had been informed you must do for your SGK to be valid), she was told that her SGK had finished on 8th August and for her to continue with SGK she has to go to get a medical report from a doctor at the local Develet Hospital. The SGK office told us that this applies to every yabanci renewing their RP this year.
I searched through pretty much all the posts and i can't find anything about this happening to anyone else, so i'm asking the question has this happened to anyone or is this a new rule?
martirkz is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 27th August 2014, 15:14   #2 (permalink)

Kusann has a spectacular aura about Kusann has a spectacular aura about Kusann has a spectacular aura about
Re: Residents Permit Renewal & SGK

I`m in a different area Kusadasi. we never had to this and that was July not heard of this for anyone ?

Kusann is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kusann For This Useful Post:
martirkz (27th August 2014)
Old 27th August 2014, 16:06   #3 (permalink)

Thanked 3,853 Times in 1,594 Posts
beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute

İ renewed my İkamet 25th June Alanya and it was not required. Without knowing the whole story of your friends situation it is difficult to offer advice. Also does your friend speak Turkish.
beyazbayan is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to beyazbayan For This Useful Post:
Old 27th August 2014, 18:45   #4 (permalink)

Thanked 1,938 Times in 940 Posts
REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute

This is one reason why now you can apply to renew your RP up to 60 days before expiry,so that it will be back before the original expiry date & you can inform SGK before they cancel/suspend your cover.

Marriage is a workshop..where husband works and wife shops..
REDDERS is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to REDDERS For This Useful Post:
Old 27th August 2014, 18:55   #5 (permalink)
The hairless biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyazbayan View Post
İ renewed my İkamet 25th June Alanya and it was not required. Without knowing the whole story of your friends situation it is difficult to offer advice. Also does your friend speak Turkish.
My friend has been resident here for just over 7 years and has held an RP throughout this time, she has also had SGK for over 2 years. She speaks some Turkish and the officer at the SGK office speaks some english.
It is if she is being treated as a first time applicant to the SGK scheme as certainly in Ortaca all first time applicants are required to have a medical before being accepted on to the scheme. Interesting also her last monthly payment for her SGK was approx 100TL more than she normally pays, which we now are assuming was payment up to the 8th August when her old RP expired.
martirkz is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 22:07   #6 (permalink)

dalyanfan has a spectacular aura about dalyanfan has a spectacular aura about dalyanfan has a spectacular aura about

My SGK was suspended in May when my ikamet ran out and (due to a long wait for my new British passport to be returned to me so that I could apply for my new ikamet) I was without my ikamet and therefore
SGK cover for about six weeks, but I was just joined back on when my papers went to Mugla for renewal; in fact they gave me the letter for Mugla which covered me when I applied. I certainly didn't have to have a new medical, and am at a loss to understand what is happening now. Is this is a new policy of theirs', or are there new people at the SGK office?
The lovely man I dealt with in June spoke no English and was very helpful, but Ortaca SGK office is re-known for getting things wrong, so worth checking with another branch, or even the consulate. It doesn't sound right, does it?
dalyanfan is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2014, 06:49   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 4,689 Times in 1,734 Posts
villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute

In fairness to Ortaca SGK they have been accused many times of getting it wrong - and have usually come out as actually getting it right by imposing new rules before other offices have caught on.
One such time when my wife was told she had to have her own SGK policy because she had a UK pension and could not be covered on mine.
"Ortaca always get it wrong", said dozens of people, insisting that they knew better.
However it was Ortaca who had got it right.
Another example was when my wife was told she needed a medical to get the new policy. "oh no, Ortaca have got it wrong. You only need a signature from the local doctor," came the cries.
Again, Ortaca had got it right and other SGK offices soon followed.
We have all fallen foul of Turkish bureacracy at some time or other but my own experiences have been that although Ortaca SGK sometimes give out messages that people dont like to hear, they have always turned out to be accurate in our case.
villabaris1 is online now send PM Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2014, 06:53   #8 (permalink)

Thanked 3,853 Times in 1,594 Posts
beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute

İ have several friends who have re-joined without problems. Go back with a Turkish speaker and ask the question why. İs it an age thing or communication problem. Re consul we do not have one in Antalya at the moment and there is a suggestion that the post will not filled.
beyazbayan is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to beyazbayan For This Useful Post:
dalyanfan (28th August 2014)
Old 2nd September 2014, 12:34   #9 (permalink)
The hairless biker

Update - friend returned to SGK office yesterday and spoke to a different person and all sorted, didn't need a medical, new RP registered to SGK account.
Miscommunication? Misunderstanding? Right hand not knowing what left is doing?don't know but they are glad its all sorted.
Thanks everyone for your comments.

Martin
martirkz is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2014, 08:24   #10 (permalink)

dalyanfan has a spectacular aura about dalyanfan has a spectacular aura about dalyanfan has a spectacular aura about

missed out word
Quote:
Originally Posted by martirkz View Post
Update - friend returned to SGK office yesterday and spoke to a different person and all sorted, didn't need a medical, new RP registered to SGK account.
Miscommunication? Misunderstanding? Right hand not knowing what left is doing?don't know but they are glad its all sorted.
Thanks everyone for your comments.

Martin
So pleased to hear all sorted now Martirkz; I popped in to the Ortaca SGK office to register my new RP yesterday (I had been allowed prescriptions and to pay the monthly instalments since my new RP, without having registering it) and I had to fill in the form again with the same info they already have on file - but no suggestion of a medical, so it was a hiccup with the SGK office.
I think different people just read it wrongly sadly, as that happens a lot here and it is so confusing, especially applying for the new RP itself!!

Last edited by dalyanfan; 3rd September 2014 at 08:40..
dalyanfan is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
permit , renewal , residents , sgk