FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > All About Turkey > Dalyan Forum

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th October 2014, 10:41   #1 (permalink)

Thanked 2,931 Times in 1,152 Posts
bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute
Holiday lettings and trip advisor

Hi

I presently use owners direct but over the past 3 years seem to be getting less and less interest .The number of hits onto my villa information is half what it was 3 years ago,
This may be something I am doing wrong and will look into it .
With the rise in trip advisors influence I am considering putting my place on that site.
I would be very interested in other people's views and experiance .

Thank you

Alan
bigalant is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 28th October 2014, 11:25   #2 (permalink)
Days On The Beach in Side

Thanked 1,322 Times in 707 Posts
angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of
Re: Holiday lettings and trip advisor

My friend Marion Sowten from Side puts her apartment on Trip Advisor and it is almost fully booked apparently - well worth doing and paying a bit extra for it to be the First Hit there -
angelaturkey is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to angelaturkey For This Useful Post:
bigalant (29th October 2014)
Old 28th October 2014, 12:15   #3 (permalink)
"Light Years Away"

Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,476 Posts
newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute newhorizon has a reputation beyond repute

Be interested to see how Tripadvisor [TA] bookings/hit rates compare to say owners direct or holiday lettings.

Looking at TA they seem to have a free option where you pay 3% + vat only on bookings and also a paid up option. There must be attraction to renters over which payment system they prefer to use when making holiday bookings that may fix the letting or not.

"Free listing

Free to list

Pay just 3% on bookings (excl. VAT).

No commitment

With a free listing thereís no fixed term contract and you only pay when you take a booking. Plus your advert can go online instantly.

Online Booking

All bookings are made online. This is popular with guests, because every transaction is covered by our trusted Payment Protection.

Itís also popular with owners because offering online booking makes you more competitive.

More about online booking.

Annual listing

One upfront fee

Pay just £359 per year (excl. VAT) and thatís it. Thereís no need to pay for bookings when you arrange payments yourself, meaning you can pay the upfront fee and relax.

Fixed term

Advertise your place for 12 months.

Choose how youíre paid

Most guests prefer to pay securely online via our website, but you have the option to arrange payments yourself.

Coming soon! Our Online Booking service will come at a competitive rate, costing just 3% (excl. VAT) per payment taken online.

More about online booking."

The biggest expense after a holiday let I've noticed to be the cleaning costs often quoted in sterling pounds..
newhorizon is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to newhorizon For This Useful Post:
bigalant (30th October 2014)
Old 28th October 2014, 15:19   #4 (permalink)

Wilko1 will become famous soon enough

Our villa is on there,I get quite a few enquiries but not very many bookings.I do question whether all of the enquiries are genuine and not fake ones,some of the names used are strange to say the least,and don't ring true.Still so long as we get two bookings a year and cover our running costs on the villa we are happy.
Wilko1 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wilko1 For This Useful Post:
Old 28th October 2014, 18:44   #5 (permalink)
The Golden Girls

Thanked 1,553 Times in 646 Posts
Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future

I thought that Trip Advisor had taken over Holiday Lettings and consequently they are the same company.
Old 28th October 2014, 22:37   #6 (permalink)

Thanked 1,804 Times in 808 Posts
Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalkan regular View Post
I thought that Trip Advisor had taken over Holiday Lettings and consequently they are the same company.
I believe that is the case, they are certainly joined at the hip.

In addition to the 3%+VAT commission they take from the owners they also charge a hefty booking fee to renters (6%+VAT). That's a massive 9%+VAT and the owners have to write & maintain their own page. Not bad work if you can get it.

Both Trip Advisor and Holiday Lettings boast about the 3% commission for owners but they very successfully hide the booking fee element and when it finally appears in the form for booking it is described as "includes payment protection", the reality is they hold the rental payment until a week or so after the rental, so whereas they call that "payment protection" I see that as holding onto the owners money. But what about the money if T.A or H.L goes up the spout?
Old 29th October 2014, 00:25   #7 (permalink)
Just passing through

Thanked 4,103 Times in 2,369 Posts
oldfogy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilko1 View Post
Our villa is on there,I get quite a few enquiries but not very many bookings.I do question whether all of the enquiries are genuine and not fake ones,some of the names used are strange to say the least,and don't ring true.Still so long as we get two bookings a year and cover our running costs on the villa we are happy.
Would that be because the enquiry is in the name that the person registered with which usually is not their real name, as with myself 'oldfogy'

I like trip advisor, but obviously you have to know and realise that some people will complain just for the sake of it and not everyone has the same amount of tolerance with things so also very much a case of understanding that some complaints whilst made may not really be relevant to our own situations/circumstances.
oldfogy is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oldfogy For This Useful Post:
Old 29th October 2014, 12:52   #8 (permalink)

nina is on a distinguished road

hi we are with ownersdirect and feel less bookings over the year we putt down to less tourism or less people coming to dalyan.every year about 30 new properties been built and must coming on for letting.
nina is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nina For This Useful Post:
Old 29th October 2014, 14:50   #9 (permalink)

Wilko1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfogy View Post
Would that be because the enquiry is in the name that the person registered with which usually is not their real name, as with myself 'oldfogy'

No,it is always a full name that is used and not a nickname.
Wilko1 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wilko1 For This Useful Post:
Old 30th October 2014, 12:06   #10 (permalink)

nina is on a distinguished road

wireless internet.and few small details makes it easy to win bookings I think .also location of the villa from town .not to close and not to far
nina is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
advisor , holiday , lettings , trip