FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > All About Turkey > Dalyan Forum

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd January 2015, 15:17   #1 (permalink)
The hairless biker

martirkz will become famous soon enough
Turk Telecom an absolute Joke

We have been waiting now for 48 days for an engineer to resolve the problem we have with our telephone line, yes 48 days without a phone or internet. We call every 2-3 days and repeat the same thing each time to them that despite what they say ( the technical dept will resolve the problem within 24-48hrs) no engineer has turned up at our house or bothered to call us to let us know what is happening. We have lodged numerous complaints with customer services at Turk Telecom and been told that they would call back, still waiting for a call from them.
Does any one know what it takes to get an engineer out to our house to look at the problem?
Any ideas?
Any one else had this much problem with Turk Telecom or TTnet?
Now resolved to commenting on their Facebook page which they don't seem to like as they remove my posts after 24 hrs.
martirkz is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 2nd January 2015, 15:41   #2 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

Thanked 5,356 Times in 2,463 Posts
IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Turk Telecom an absolute Joke

Have you been into their office for a face to face chat? Sometimes this helps in Turkey
IbrahimAbi is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IbrahimAbi For This Useful Post:
martirkz (2nd January 2015)
Old 2nd January 2015, 16:14   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member Has-Been

Thanked 7,028 Times in 2,567 Posts
immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute

You can make the complaint official, but it will need to be in Turkish in the form of a written petition (Dilekše). Not sure it works, but they hate getting them, it registers on the screen that the operator sees when you phone to complain and they are legally bound to reply.
My last one was to complain that they had not replied to my first one! But they do not like them, and they are going to get another one if they don┤t act. I also copied it to the Director in Istanbul, just for the hell of it.

Ian
immac is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to immac For This Useful Post:
martirkz (2nd January 2015)
Old 2nd January 2015, 17:47   #4 (permalink)
The hairless biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbrahimAbi View Post
Have you been into their office for a face to face chat? Sometimes this helps in Turkey
Yes IbrahimAbi been to office in Ortaca several times, they write out a repair order ticket and when asked when will it be repaired they shrug their shoulders.

The last time they said it was a cable problem in the area but as Government contractors are installing fibre optic cabling and replacing all the DB's in the Dalyan area it is down to the contractors to ensure all costumers are re- connected when they replace a DB, Turk Telecom have no control over the contractors timescale as to when they will repair the fault on my connection. But that is total bull sh*t as we share the same cable as our neighbours and their telephone line is working. I am convinced that the fault is somewhere between our house and our neighbours some 80m away but trying to get an engineer out to look at our end of the line is a mission impossible, i think they are just assuming that with all the work the contractors are doing they have caused the fault but the works they are doing is some 7Km away from our house.
So what can i do except physically kidnapping an engineer and taking him to our house to look at it.
martirkz is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2015, 18:11   #5 (permalink)
20 - 12 - 3

Thanked 19,380 Times in 8,357 Posts
yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute

I waited for 8 days, my line and internet was off and on like champagne corks at home, so i found someone who had a cousin who had a sister who knew an engineer and paid him 20TL to fix it, it was done within a couple of hours, I shouldn't have to have done that but it was the easiest way, I'm an Ex Bt Engineer so it was doubly frustrating but I needed it fixing. The line is not in my name its in a Turks name and he did all the calling and complaining with no mention of Yabanci.

Martin

3 Trophies in 10 days
yalimart is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yalimart For This Useful Post:
Ceni (3rd January 2015), tosmur (3rd January 2015)
Old 2nd January 2015, 20:56   #6 (permalink)

JADH is on a distinguished road

We had a similar problem in Dalyan and eventually found out from the Ortaca office that we should call call 212. It is an automated response so ask a Turkish speaker to make the call. Once the call was logged an engineer came round the next morning and by the afternoon bith telephone and internet were reconnected.
JADH is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2015, 00:05   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 1,800 Times in 807 Posts
Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by martirkz View Post
Does any one know what it takes to get an engineer out to our house to look at the problem?
Yes. Yalimart has given the answer . . . . . A back hander.

I had same problem one time, no phone no internet. The local exchange in Didim had pulled the plug. After getting a Turk to phone Telecom they promptly connected my phone but not the internet.

After that they took no responsibility for the internet, they said I had to speak to TTNet (same company different department).

Numerous calls to the help centre got me nowhere, they said all the right words and even made a priority request to Didim exchange where the problem was. The cretins in the Didim exhange simply ignored the instructions until in the end I had to resort to phoning the local shark who works at the place, arrange to meet him at night twice because the first time he didn't turn up and slip him 50 Lira. Next lunchtime it was connected again (as if by magic).

I was not the only one in Akbuk that year deliberately disconnected and held to ransom by the 2 Telecom employees working this extortion scam at the Didim exchange.
Akasya (3rd January 2015)
Old 12th January 2015, 16:21   #8 (permalink)

Thanked 2,918 Times in 1,145 Posts
bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADH View Post
We had a similar problem in Dalyan and eventually found out from the Ortaca office that we should call call 212. It is an automated response so ask a Turkish speaker to make the call. Once the call was logged an engineer came round the next morning and by the afternoon bith telephone and internet were reconnected.
Yes I can only say the same .

They even sent an English speaking engineer so,he could explain .

My turk pal called Sunday evening and 0930'next morning two guys turned up.

Brilliant service.
Dalŷan area Arikbasi
bigalant is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 13:48   #9 (permalink)
The hairless biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalant View Post
Yes I can only say the same .

They even sent an English speaking engineer so,he could explain .

My turk pal called Sunday evening and 0930'next morning two guys turned up.

Brilliant service.
Dalŷan area Arikbasi
DAY 59: Still no phone or internet. Bigalant, yes i am sure the service you get in Dalyan is fantastic but when you live out in the sticks (Eskikoy/Tepearasi) getting anything done by any of the service providers is at best very slow and frustrating. We have many Turkish friends that have been trying there best to get this sorted for us but even they have become frustrated indeed angry at the total lack of customer care from Turk Telecom.
Today we visted Turk telecom office in Ortaca and at last there may be some end to our plight in sight, they confirmed that they have received the cable from Fethiye that is needed to replace the faulty one and that it will be installed once it has stopped raining, yer right, we don't hold out much hope that it will be replaced this week. Will let you all know when or if it ever gets repaired.
martirkz is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 14:18   #10 (permalink)

Thanked 2,918 Times in 1,145 Posts
bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute bigalant has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by martirkz View Post
DAY 59: Still no phone or internet. Bigalant, yes i am sure the service you get in Dalyan is fantastic but when you live out in the sticks (Eskikoy/Tepearasi) getting anything done by any of the service providers is at best very slow and frustrating. We have many Turkish friends that have been trying there best to get this sorted for us but even they have become frustrated indeed angry at the total lack of customer care from Turk Telecom.
Today we visted Turk telecom office in Ortaca and at last there may be some end to our plight in sight, they confirmed that they have received the cable from Fethiye that is needed to replace the faulty one and that it will be installed once it has stopped raining, yer right, we don't hold out much hope that it will be replaced this week. Will let you all know when or if it ever gets repaired.
Must be very frustrating .
Hope it's sorted soon .
Arikbasi is out of Dalŷan about 2km but notnas far as Eskikoy for sure good luck .
bigalant is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
absolute , joke , telecom , turk