FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > All About Turkey > Dalyan Forum

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th September 2015, 09:02   #1 (permalink)

mollypolly is on a distinguished road
LOTS of Question about residency permit etc

Good Morning All, Hope this finds you all well

i have a couple of question, trying to get all this information together before October 2015, i am hoping a few of you can help me.

Tax Number
Does anybody have the address that i have to attend to claim the tax number needed to open a bank account and apply for our residency permit. This is for the Dalyan area.

Bank Account
Would any of you suggest a good bank to open an account with ?

Mobile Phone
Would i be better to sell my British phone and just buy a new phone in Turkey? And has anybody got a good suggestion for a provider, Tukcell, Voderphone etc

Residency Permit
Address for applying for residency permit or do i do this online ? And has anybody got any experiances of getting theirs, time it took, ease of documentation.

Internet
I cannot get internet until i have RP, so any suggestions on internet before i get the RP? do i get a dongal from mobile supplier etc or do you have any suggestions on how i can get internet without RP

Yes yes i know a lot of questions but i am trying to download print a lot of this out so i not like a one legged duck swimming around in circles in October

Thank you in advance :-)
mollypolly is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 20th September 2015, 09:28   #2 (permalink)
Glad I got out

Simon Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 9,312 Times in 4,442 Posts
ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute
Re: LOTS of Question about residency permit etc

Hi we are in the Didim area , but some answers may help

We got our tax number when we bought the house

For bank account, check which have English speaking staff (way easier to work with if any problems) and a good, easy to navigate internet page and a decent interest rate

Residence permit , we saw a guy who does all the running round for you here in Didim , for a small fee (which to me, was well worth it )..there are conflicting reports for different areas and circumstances , but for first time, you will have to attend an interview (just be there while your paperwork is checked) at the nearest office to where you intend to live

Mobile phone...hang on to it for the time being , I have a cheap Tesco £15 phone , which I have been topping up via a debit card that should have been blocked after 60 days (2 days ago), but still works and is not over expensive for local calls .we also got Turkish phones and had a load of trouble with trying to get the people in the shop to take us off the "Packet" we were on which came with the sim and automatically renews and put us on a proper pay as you go tarriff where if we don't use the credit up, it stays on the phone till we DO use it , not cancelling each month

Internet ...although people have got it without residency (get it in a Turkish neighbours name or suchlike).here in Didim, we have a few providers who for a one off fee will come out and put a receiver about the size of a bulky TV remote on your roof, run a cable down and inside the property to a modem/wireless router ....Ours cost us 350 lira for installation which included the first months rental, then 30 lira a month

ted j is online now send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2015, 10:08   #3 (permalink)

Thank you Ted
mollypolly is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2015, 10:25   #4 (permalink)

Thanked 1,269 Times in 833 Posts
Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of

For tax number just go into any tax office with your passport, its free and only takes a few minutes
As said try to find one with English speaking staff
Residence permits all initial applications done on line now.

For fuller answers to all your queries Join Doc Martins Facebook page it has a wealth of information on all aspects of living here - just read the pinned files to see the extent
Chinook is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chinook For This Useful Post:
dalyanfan (21st September 2015), ted j (20th September 2015)
Old 20th September 2015, 11:39   #5 (permalink)

Thanked 3,853 Times in 1,594 Posts
beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute

İ use Deniz bank Alanya and have no problems they will get your tax number for you when you open an account with them.
beyazbayan is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to beyazbayan For This Useful Post:
mollypolly (20th September 2015)
Old 20th September 2015, 12:59   #6 (permalink)

Thank you beyazbayan will look into this bank :-)
Old 20th September 2015, 13:37   #7 (permalink)

Rumpole has a spectacular aura about Rumpole has a spectacular aura about

Hello mollypolly.

We have used Yapi credi bank without issue, for a number of years.u
Rumpole is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rumpole For This Useful Post:
Old 20th September 2015, 16:28   #8 (permalink)

Dave and Bev is a glorious beacon of light Dave and Bev is a glorious beacon of light Dave and Bev is a glorious beacon of light Dave and Bev is a glorious beacon of light Dave and Bev is a glorious beacon of light Dave and Bev is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya

In dalyan this summer I have bought a turkcell pay as you go vinn from the turkcell shop in Ortaca next to bus terminal.
Take passport with you and the guy is very good and I bought package of sim ,data ,and vinn they also sell phones and I think buying a cheap Turkish mobile may be better tha paying to register English phone .

We bank with IS bank in dalyan opposite the mosque and next to turtle .
They speak English and the security man is very helpful .
They set up electricity stmadrad orders etc .
Tax office for tax numbers was done for me and it only took 1 hour locally and I have them
Dave and Bev is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2015, 16:54   #9 (permalink)

Hi Dave and Bev,

thank you so much, will be flying out on the 19th October or a couple of days before, but 19th the latest.

Who did you get to get tax numbers for you ? and locally sounds good :-) the bank i know what one you mean seen it a few times, so once i have tax number i will be in their like a shot :-)

All this info always seems so hard to find on the internet, and my Turkish is pretty poor at best. So i am sort of trying to get as much info as possible before we get their.

And this forum seems to be a wealth of information from people already in Turkey.

So a HUGE thank you
Old 20th September 2015, 17:04   #10 (permalink)

Thanked 3,853 Times in 1,594 Posts
beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute

Re register a UK phone now costs approx 285tl and of course once you register it in Asia your guarantee is null and void plus many have had bad experiences after registration - phone doesn't work and then you have a real chase around getting it back on line and can takes some weeks before they solve the problem.
beyazbayan is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to beyazbayan For This Useful Post:

Tags
lots , permit , question , residency