FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > All About Turkey > Datca Forum

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th May 2014, 20:17   #1 (permalink)

JBK44 is on a distinguished road
Development plans in Datca bays

All over the press today:-

Https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...tine-bays.html
JBK44 is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JBK44 For This Useful Post:
bal canavar (9th May 2014), tintagel (8th May 2014)
Old 6th May 2014, 22:38   #2 (permalink)
“Je suis l'humanité.”

Thanked 15,284 Times in 6,059 Posts
bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Development plans in Datca bays

True JBK44 the so called Environment Ministry in Ankara has announced they want to open up the well preserved Datca coast up to mass tourism and threaten untouched nature of the peninsula. Allowing hotels and tourist resorts to privatize some beach areas to encourage more tourism. I hope the people of Datca and environmentalists do as the residents of Akapinar near Marmaris did to protect there famous eucalyptus trees planted in 1939 and fight Ministry's plans good luck

Last edited by bal canavar; 6th May 2014 at 22:43..
bal canavar is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bal canavar For This Useful Post:
Hilsjw (10th May 2014), shirleyanntr (10th May 2014)
Old 7th May 2014, 09:25   #3 (permalink)

Thanked 2,789 Times in 1,116 Posts
Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmm Bal Canavar, I suspect some of the business men in Datca are rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of the profits! Many of them supported the AKP candidate in the recent elections for the same reason - the promise of uncontrolled development. There have been persistent rumours over the last 6 or 7 years that the AKP have been buying land along the peninsular, ready for the green light.

I sincerely hope that it can be stopped. This area is outstandingly beautiful, despite recent development in Datca, Mesudiye and Palamut Buku - actually most of the buildings in Palamut are illegal as the whole area is an archaeological site, supposedly protected.

The Datca peninsular is one of the few unspoilt coastal areas in the Med, not just in Turkey - my advice to those reading this? See it this year, it may well be your last chance.
Yildez Datca is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yildez Datca For This Useful Post:
bal canavar (9th May 2014), easylife (9th May 2014), shirleyanntr (8th May 2014), tintagel (8th May 2014), zakkum (8th May 2014)
Old 7th May 2014, 16:39   #4 (permalink)
“Je suis l'humanité.”

bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute

Yildez You would think there would be better alternative sites than this unique area. It would be such a great loss of a natural beauty to the area .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bal canavar For This Useful Post:
easylife (9th May 2014), Hilsjw (10th May 2014)
Old 7th May 2014, 17:25   #5 (permalink)

Thanked 5,079 Times in 2,175 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute

Just take a trip to Karaincir, there's already most of a new hotel completed there within a stone's throw of the beach. They have removed most of the natural sand dunes for an enormous pool, which means that the remaining sand on the beach will blow away, with luck into the pool! You cannot believe the stupidity and sheer greed.
What is the law about the development distance from the water??????

What did Joni Mitchell say, 'they paved Paradise and put up a parking lot. . . don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got til it's gone. . . '

The other side of the beach is now packed with rows of huge square sunshade frames so close together that they are practically touching. The stink of money is getting stronger every day.
As for Datca, well they are so incompetent here that they cannot even decide who can build on what, so now we have a half built 'marina' which will disappear in a couple of years if they don't get their fingers out. Laugh?, if it wasn't so serious I'd be splitting my sides, instead of which I could cry.
bal canavar (9th May 2014), Ceni (8th May 2014), easylife (9th May 2014), Hilsjw (10th May 2014), shirleyanntr (8th May 2014), tintagel (8th May 2014)
Old 7th May 2014, 18:23   #6 (permalink)
“Je suis l'humanité.”

If it goes the same way as Istanbul with its uncontrolled destruction of green spaces, I fear for Datca.
Turcek Turkish Environmental and woodland protection society have put up a good fight in Istanbul. But when fighting big business and a unsupportive government against these developments its a hard slog .
We are now left with a situation in Istanbul were the green area ratio per person is only 6.4 sqm whilst most European cities is 20 sqm. What makes it worse in Istanbul it had to include military zones and cemetries to make this figure .
Its frightening when put in the perspective if there was a earthquake today in Istanbul there would very little area to take refuge. In 1999 The ratio was bad at 10 sqm now only 6.4 sqm
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bal canavar For This Useful Post:
davem (8th May 2014), easylife (9th May 2014), RustyDalyan (9th May 2014), shirleyanntr (8th May 2014), tintagel (8th May 2014)
Old 7th May 2014, 18:55   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 2,789 Times in 1,116 Posts
Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute

The saddest thing of course, is that once destroyed, the natural beauty of an area can never be recovered. Kanga mentions the marina, a case in point. Two beautiful small beaches, an exquisite little island, rock covered mountainside, many, many wild flower varieties, snakes, lizards, insects - all gone, and for what. A desolate, barren flattened area, that hasn't been touched since last winter, and is probably unlikely ever to be finished.

I can't look at it, and in fact didn't go to the beach at all last summer because I found the sight just too upsetting.

I feel extremely fortunate that I lived in Datca 25 years ago, and saw it at it's unspoilt best. When I look at photos from those years it seems like a different place - and it was.

Last edited by Yildez Datca; 7th May 2014 at 18:56.. Reason: Punctuation
Yildez Datca is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yildez Datca For This Useful Post:
bal canavar (9th May 2014), davem (8th May 2014), easylife (9th May 2014), Hilsjw (10th May 2014), zakkum (8th May 2014)
Old 8th May 2014, 07:15   #8 (permalink)
R.I.P

Thanked 21,098 Times in 7,183 Posts
shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute

brand Rte Cement ..makıng a pile
bal canavar (9th May 2014), tintagel (8th May 2014)
Old 8th May 2014, 07:52   #9 (permalink)

Thanked 5,079 Times in 2,175 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately the shambles continues; I was so wound up that I forgot to mention yesterday about our trip to Mesudiye this week. Hayatbuku had a creaky little wooden jetty which was built by the authorities some 20 years ago to replace one located in the middle of the beach. It was perfectly sound and gave access for all to the fishing boats, kids playing in the sea, yachts, and trippers. Apparently some jobsworth turned up last autumn and decided that the jetty was now illegal (this may have been lost in translation and not really 'illegal') and it had to be removed. So removed it was last November, and now there are just a couple of posts sticking up out of the water, nicely placed to do some damage to the unwary.
Instead, we now have the apalling sight of a large scar down the side of the cliff where they blasted out some rock, and a raw and ugly seawall made of piles of stone and rock. Quite what it's supposed to achieve I can't tell, there is nothing in the way of land access and mooring facilities are zilch. The locals are really upset as they weren't consulted, and have started a petition.
Who exactly are these greedy, ignorant, mendacious, dimwits?
How can we stop them?
There is a world-wide petition group Avaaz.org [[email protected]]. Perhaps we should approach them as they do have an effect. They have had successes with all sorts of issues. Anyone want to take this up before we are concreted over completely?
bal canavar (8th May 2014), davem (8th May 2014), easylife (9th May 2014), ruthie babes (8th May 2014), sezayi2512 (8th May 2014), shirleyanntr (10th May 2014), tintagel (8th May 2014), Yildez Datca (9th May 2014)
Old 8th May 2014, 17:55   #10 (permalink)
“Je suis l'humanité.”

Great idea Kanga contact them and I will sign . I can understand as I have seen what's happening to Istanbul and the loss of green space.
Used to have a summer house in Marmaris when it was called Green yesil Marmaris just a village then, till mass tourism descended and concereted everywhere so sold it. So I can see the importance to keep the surrounding areas like the Datca natural and free of development .

Tags
bays , datca , development , plans