Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 21st February 2007, 12:19   #1 (permalink)

Dellol is a jewel in the rough Dellol is a jewel in the rough Dellol is a jewel in the rough Dellol is a jewel in the rough
Smile Property Checklist!

Hi all, Just an Idea. When we purchased our property in 2005 we took what turned out to be some excellent advice and did up a checklist! We found this very helpful as I'm sure most of you know when you go to view properties and then retire each evening it is hard to remember exactly which property had what, even if you made notes as you go along. The list is worth a view and maybe even to pass it on. I just kept a load of them on a clipboard and ticked as I went along. Needless to say, for us, our chosen property ticked all the right boxes!!!!
One Problem, it is in my excel and I don't know how to download it so if I could email it to someone and they could do that, that would be great!!!
Best of Luck,
Lorna
Old 21st February 2007, 15:14   #2 (permalink)

jcrian has much to be proud of jcrian has much to be proud of jcrian has much to be proud of jcrian has much to be proud of jcrian has much to be proud of jcrian has much to be proud of jcrian has much to be proud of jcrian has much to be proud of
Re: Property Checklist!

Here is Lornas checklist....

Great idea for anyone looking to buy property.

There are no problems in life,just solutions

Last edited by jcrian; 21st February 2007 at 15:42..
jcrian is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2007, 18:54   #3 (permalink)
red

red has disabled reputation

oh that's a good idea, it would be easy to customise too, I wish I'd have been as organised!!
red is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2007, 21:32   #4 (permalink)
R.I.P

Thanked 21,098 Times in 7,183 Posts
shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute

gosh..thats organization..i could never be like that..must make life easier though.
shirleyanntr is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2007, 11:18   #5 (permalink)

mark perrin is on a distinguished road

hi
we have a 1 bedroom flat in alanya and we would like to sell it to move to antalya can any one tell us how we go about this . we cant buy in antalya till we sell in alanya or can we
we do not belong to any esate agents .tyvm mark
mark perrin is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2007, 17:05   #6 (permalink)
In my dreams I'm dancing

Lynda has a spectacular aura about Lynda has a spectacular aura about

Dellol really good list. I have a excel checklist or snag list for after you buy if any one would like let me know ...it is 4 pages long so bit much to put on here but I can send if anyone wants - let me have your email address. I give them to my customers and the feedback has been good. I think I will add yours as well if that ok with you?
Mark - selling 2nd hand is not easy at the moment for a number of reasons. To name a few - competition with new builds, not many buyers around. Estate agents preference is to sell new as they get more commision. We sold one this weekend but did a part- exchange with a builder.
I would recommend you advertise as widely as you can, using family and friends abroad as well. Mayybe talk to some to the smaller emlaks they tend to sell more 2nd hand aparts.
Good luck
Old 29th October 2007, 21:28   #7 (permalink)
Ordinary Member

Deri is on a distinguished road

The checklist is a great idea. I used a similar list but with a column for each property (and its agent!) that we used. The pitch from each agent was very strong and in most cases too obviously narrow and biased - very confusing to compare. We found 2 agents prepared to listen to our list of wants: David & Mehmet at The Didyma Homes, and Mick at Aegean Turkish Property (both in Altinkum). We also wanted to get some idea of maintenance and running costs, and found Sue & Phil at AltinkumBaysEasyWays near Altinkum. They are amazing, especially as they won't make money from us for a while if at all! They spent time to introduce us around, translating for us, showing us typical properties, and then some gems where they had been involved in renovation and maintenance. They helped us to firm up our ideas and put them into action, for we have purchased a tumble-down house in a fantastic location. Phil & Sue helped us to meet a Turkish designer/architect - his ideas and computer-generated pictures of our place after his work are just fantastic.
Sure, there are pressurising hucksters in Turkey - but they are easy to spot and not as devious as the UK variety. But there are gems to be found, as we did. I think we'll be happy in our new Turkish home!
Deri is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2008, 10:52   #8 (permalink)

Turley is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynda
Dellol really good list. I have a excel checklist or snag list for after you buy if any one would like let me know ...it is 4 pages long so bit much to put on here but I can send if anyone wants - let me have your email address. I give them to my customers and the feedback has been good. I think I will add yours as well if that ok with you?
Mark - selling 2nd hand is not easy at the moment for a number of reasons. To name a few - competition with new builds, not many buyers around. Estate agents preference is to sell new as they get more commision. We sold one this weekend but did a part- exchange with a builder.
I would recommend you advertise as widely as you can, using family and friends abroad as well. Mayybe talk to some to the smaller emlaks they tend to sell more 2nd hand aparts.
Good luck
could you please send me your snag list what a good idea of yours .i am buying in pearl rock akbuk so this will be very handy.

thank you lizzy turley

Last edited by Turley; 8th October 2008 at 14:56.. Reason: wrong email
Turley is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2008, 11:03   #9 (permalink)

gren is a name known to all gren is a name known to all gren is a name known to all gren is a name known to all gren is a name known to all gren is a name known to all

Lizzy, I'd advise you dont EVER put your email address openly AND clickable on a forum like you have done. You'll be open to all sorts of spam and other nasties
If i were you i'd pm the member with it instead.
You can edit your post and remove it if you want.
gren is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 19:17   #10 (permalink)

SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of

Lorna has compiled a very good list of questions to ask when buying property. I think a new question can be added to this important list. When was habitation licence (if any) issued. Copy available (Yes or No)
A prospective buyer can then check a property with the local council to see indeed of a Habitation licence has been issued. If all is OK their solicitor can then go ahead with the searches etc on property.
From all our collective buying experience to date there may be even more questions that can be added to Lorna's list.

Tags
checklist , property