Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 5th March 2006, 23:57   #1 (permalink)

Rachels100 is a name known to all Rachels100 is a name known to all Rachels100 is a name known to all Rachels100 is a name known to all Rachels100 is a name known to all Rachels100 is a name known to all
Booked flights and emailed estate agents

Hello
I have booked my flight to Turkey, booked a rental villa, booked cattery up, car park, had holiday injections and bought holiday insurance etc. Cannot wait to get out to Turkey to property hunt. I hope I am allowed to ask this question on here. I have emailed several estate agents about property viewings. Sunset homes, Turkish Property Centre, Oyes-Turkishhomes, turkishestateagents and turkeyexpert. Have you heard anything bad about these estate agents or have you had a good dealing with them? I have read on here about 2-3 of these listed and read good things. I hope I have picked wisely . Also just looking for some last minute pointers about going to buy a place. Any warnings or tips or things to watch out for etc?

Thanks( excited)

Rach
Rachels100 is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 6th March 2006, 00:22   #2 (permalink)
Frustrated Bolton Fan

spitfire is just really nice spitfire is just really nice spitfire is just really nice spitfire is just really nice
Re: Booked flights and emailed estate agents

Hi Rach, where exactly are you thinking of buying property in Turkey?
There are Thousands of real estate agents in Turkey so do your research before you take the plunge.
It is a very exciting experience I agree but keep your feet on the floor before you part with any cash. I am sure there are lots of members on here who can point you in the right direction.

Happy hunting

Allan
Old 6th March 2006, 00:24   #3 (permalink)

Rachels100 is a name known to all Rachels100 is a name known to all Rachels100 is a name known to all Rachels100 is a name known to all Rachels100 is a name known to all Rachels100 is a name known to all

I am going to stay in Kusadasi and am looking at buying there or Akbuk area.
Rachels100 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2006, 00:39   #4 (permalink)
Just a member

lewismark is a jewel in the rough lewismark is a jewel in the rough lewismark is a jewel in the rough

At the moment you still have all your money in your bank
Just remember every agent you go to will want it, ALL of it. They will ALL be very friendly and treat you like royalty, may even buy you lunch, Put all this hospitality aside, as nice as it is, keep focused on how much you want to pay and what you expect for your money. Go if you can, to Recommended agents. Many agents inflate the prices, and before someone comes along and tries to defend this, i said many NOT all. If buying a new property check you are not paying commission as the agents get their commission from the developers, a whopping 10% in most cases, but some will ask you for .3% of the purchase price leading you to beleive it is normal. Thats how it works here in Alanya any way, as you are not buying here i can only give you the advice as though you were.
Good luck, remember its your money, that you worked for, work hard now to spend it and make the right decision. If you are shown properties you dont like, just say so as soona s you know its not for you and move on to the next, always give yourself a day to think about it without the influence of the agent, and ignore "we have others after this one" script.
Old 6th March 2006, 01:03   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for your advice. Only 2 ones that I have contacted I have not seen recommendations for. But I liked alot of their properties so emailed them.
Oyes-Turkishhomes, turkishestateagents

If anyone has any info, good or bad on these 2 estate agents please message me or post on here.
Thanks
Rachels100 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2006, 07:07   #6 (permalink)

pebble is a splendid one to behold pebble is a splendid one to behold pebble is a splendid one to behold pebble is a splendid one to behold pebble is a splendid one to behold pebble is a splendid one to behold pebble is a splendid one to behold

Rachel, have you seen a recent post on the forums about someone who may or may not have been swindled in the AKBUK AREA? so, just be careful. Please use a lawyer, please use your head, dont get carried away and dont get caught up in the moment. If something looks too good to be true, IT IS.
If you've done your research, which it looks like you have, you know basically what the prices of houses should be, dont be taken in by killer deals.

Use your head.......use your common sense, and dont forget your intuition.
and if you dont........be sure you have a lawyer.

Good luck, this is an exciting time for you. it should be fun, but it will be stressfull cause you will see lots of properties and in the end you will be dazed.

Stick to your guns on your budget. they may say oh but let me show you this house, it is only 10k over your budget, yada yada yada. JUST SAY NO!
This seems to be a ploy that is used.

Try to have fun while you are looking for your dream holiday home

good luck and let us know how you make out!
OH yeah, if you need bounce ideas off of someone, you can call me, I'm not in Akbuk or kusadasi, but i can at least talk you through it.
cheers
Old 6th March 2006, 10:19   #7 (permalink)

speedy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewismark
At the moment you still have all your money in your bank
They will ALL be very friendly and treat you like royalty, may even buy you lunch, Put all this hospitality aside, as nice as it is, keep focused on how much you want to pay and what you expect for your money. Go if you can, to Recommended agents. Many agents inflate the prices, and before someone comes along and tries to defend this, i said many NOT all. If buying a new property check you are not paying commission as the agents get their commission from the developers, a whopping 10% in most cases, but some will ask you for .3% of the purchase price leading you to beleive it is normal. Thats how it works here in Alanya any way, as you are not buying here i can only give you the advice as though you were.
Good luck, remember its your money, that you worked for, work hard now to spend it and make the right decision. If you are shown properties you dont like, just say so as soona s you know its not for you and move on to the next, always give yourself a day to think about it without the influence of the agent, and ignore "we have others after this one" script.

mark you being an agent, are you one of the ones that qoute "Just remember every agent you go to will want it, ALL of it."

and are you qoute "Many agents inflate the prices, and before someone comes along and tries to defend this, i said many NOT all."

or are you one of the few, you being an agent seem to be constanly running the estate agent business down and it seems that your must be the perfect one for all , just an observation from previous posts.
speedy is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2006, 10:24   #8 (permalink)
Just a member

lewismark is a jewel in the rough lewismark is a jewel in the rough lewismark is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy
mark you being an agent, are you one of the ones that qoute "Just remember every agent you go to will want it, ALL of it."

and are you qoute "Many agents inflate the prices, and before someone comes along and tries to defend this, i said many NOT all."

or are you one of the few, you being an agent seem to be constanly running the estate agent business down and it seems that your must be the perfect one for all , just an observation from previous posts.
Your comments dont even warrant an answer!!
I in no way have to prove myself and my business to the likes of your negative response.

My advice was directed at Rachels100 from experience,
Where do your comments come from???

Last edited by lewismark; 6th March 2006 at 10:28..
lewismark is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2006, 10:30   #9 (permalink)

speedy will become famous soon enough

I own two properties in turkey, i have build with my partner over 40 apartments and villas, the comment was not negatavie as you use the wording ALL agents will want ALL of your money, so you must be one of these as you are an agent, or are you not?

Paul

Last edited by speedy; 6th March 2006 at 10:57..
speedy is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2006, 11:04   #10 (permalink)
Just a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy
I own two properties in turkey, i have build with my partner over 40 apartments and villas, the comment was not negatavie as you use the wording ALL agents will want ALL of your money, so you must be one of these as you are an agent, or are you not?

This is my last ever posting on this forum as latley it has gone down hill with people just trying to earn brownie points.

Paul
Good
I for one will not miss your continual attempts to put members down.
Because its the negative attitude and unwarranted responses you have given to this thread by attempting to demean my reply to someone wanting help and advise which causes this forum to loose its appeal.
How you come to the conclusion that im one trying to earn brownie points i just dont know, they are not even comeing to the area i cover, if you mean me of course. All i did was give them honest advice, if you dont like the truth of it or you feel you fall into this catagory, then i see little point in you replying to my post in the first instance.

Tags
agents , booked , emailed , estate , flights