jacbartat

JJ Ikea ordering and assembly services
A word of warning to anyone considering using JJ.

Over a year ago I faxed Ikea Izmir credit card authorisation for purchases made to furnish my villa - several different purchases were made over a period of a month, so there was not a specific amount included on the authorisation form.
I asked JJ to assemble the furniture for me and he quoted a price. In order to pay himself he agreed with Ikea (without my prior knowledge it has to be said) to use my card to make purchases for himself but the amount charged to me exceeded the amount I owed him by over 300tl. He emailed me to tell me this had been done and that he would reimburse me so I was not overly concerned. However I have had the devil of a job getting my money from him. I have an email trail as long as my arm giving promises of when it was paid or when it will be paid.There is ever likelihood that I will not see it.

If you chose to use this man do so wisely!

jacbartat

I believe his name is Oguz Cengiz - if you look for jjservice Fethiye on the web you will find him - but he is just known as JJ...

Also watch out for HEINZ second hand shop. [My post regarding his dealings sank without trace]

jacbartat

Astonishing news! Just come back from a late break in Turkey and visited JJ at his shop. Took a Turkish friend with me. Got the usual promises to pay etc but my master stroke was to call Ikea in Izmir and speak to the manager there to explain my difficulty. He spoke to JJ, who agreed to pay that evening. Was far from convinced but my friend went back and I now have my money. If at first you don't succeed.......

John Waghorn

KANKAYENGE
For anybody thinking of Using JJ's delivery service in Fethiye:321oi::321oi: to purchase furniture or other goods from Ikea in Izmir, here is my story….
On Tuesday the 31st July I handed over to the owner of JJ’s used furniture store in Fethiye 2420tl for the purchase of two sofas from the Ikea catalogue, which he checked online and they were available and in stock. The owner then said his driver would be going to Izmir on Wednesday the 1st August so the sofas would be at his shop on Thursday 2nd August whereupon he agreed to store them for us until we moved to our new villa on the 1st September.
On Tuesday the 7th August I called into the shop to view my new purchase and the Owner said he was trying to tie in the trip to Izmir with other orders and therefore the sofas would not be at his shop until either Saturday 11th August or Tuesday 14th August at the very latest. At this point I was starting to get a little worried, however understood his reasoning’s and gave him the benefit of the doubt.
On Wednesday the 15th August, I again I preceded to call into the shop to view my purchase and the Owner was not available and his Assistant appeared to know little of my order. On Thursday the 16th August I asked a friend who was passing the shop to pop in to see if the Owner was there and to ask him to call me as I did not have the Owners telephone number. As a result of this the Owner did call me late in the afternoon of the 16th August with a multitude of excuses blaming Ikea and their transport company. However he did say if the sofas were not at his shop by Saturday 18th August he would refund my money in full on Monday 20th August. At which point he had decided to no longer send his usual driver and have Ikea arrange the delivery I do not know! Anyway ….
On Monday the 20th August I again visited the shop, by arrangement with the owner, only to find the shop was closed for Bayram Holiday and the Owner had gone to Antalya. I called the Owner who could still not confirm as to whether the sofas had been delivered or not. I then questioned as to whether he had even ordered or indeed paid for the sofas, to which I received a rather vague reply but he did guarantee that it was just a transport issue and delay due to Bayram. At his suggestion, he again, suggested I came to the ship the following morning at 10am to meet with him whereupon he would show me the receipts and order from Ikea.
On Tuesday 21st August at 10am, guess what … the shop was shut, owner was still in Antalya but promised to be at the shop on Wednesday 22nd August and we arranged to meet at 11am. At this point I made it perfectly clear to him that I would seek a full refund if the sofas were not at his shop and he was to have the money waiting for me, which he agreed to.
On Wednesday 22nd August,I called into the shop, again the owner did not keep his appointment with me and his assistant asked me to come back at 12.30pm and the assistant telephoned his boss to confirm that and to advise I was waiting to meet with him. At 1pm I went back to the shop with two Turkish friends (didn’t want there to be a sudden language barrier) and again the owner still didn’t have the courtesy to meet me! My Turkish friend did however speak to him on the phone and basically told him to stop telling lies, stop giving the clients the run around at their own expense and advised him that I would be going to the Police about the matter. He then said he would be at the store by 5pm (convenient that the banks will be closed at this time should any problems arise !!) and agreed that he would have the cash available and would give a full refund.
When my Turkish friends did eventually catch up with him the following day, he simply admitted to them he had spent the money and he did not have any money to give back. My friends obviously didn’t accept this and refused to leave the shop until they recovered the money which involved driving him to a third person to borrow the money and only managed to get 1000tl but swore he would have the balance on Saturday morning. Saturday mid day my friends called to the shop only to be greeted with the same story …. No money. This again was not acceptable and after 2 hours of waiting and telephone calls to the owners friends eventually retrieved the full amount but without so much as an apology!!!!!
To top it all the sofas which I wanted are now sold out, although stocks will be available in a couple of weeks and the price has also increased by 200tl.
Not only am I out of pocket but also my friends for driving back n forth from Ovacik to Fethiye several times over, plus I now have to live on bean bags in my new home
Without the help of My Turkish friends, I very much doubt I would have got my money back !!

val2661

Welcome to the Forum John. Thanks for telling your story. It is worrying to read stories like yours and how these people sleep at night I do not know. Thank goodness you had good Turkish friends to pursue this matter for you, because I believe if you had tried to retrieve the money yourself, you would still be chasing him around.

Val

If you have a Turkish credit card, or a friend who has one, you can order on-line and Ikea will deliver for a very reasonable rate and quickly. Much more reliable than the nonsense (and it's a common story) outlined above, and your contract is with Ikea so if things do go wrong you have some redress.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
If you have a Turkish credit card, or a friend who has one, you can order on-line and Ikea will deliver for a very reasonable rate and quickly. Much more reliable than the nonsense (and it's a common story) outlined above, and your contract is with Ikea so if things do go wrong you have some redress.

You don't even need a Turkish credit card, we have ordered from the uk with a uk credit card

Martin

Els

That's great news Martin. I kept reading on the forum that you need a Turkish credit card and wondered why they would not accept any credit card the way Ikea in other countries do. Thanks for that.

You're right Martin - if you order from the UK. In-store you can pay with a UK credit card, but on-line in Turkey you need a Turkish one. Don't ask me why!

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
I had the same problem with JJ. Sofa bed ordered for an impending visit was not delivered on time causing severe stress on my part.

They do have some bargains in the shop but I would never use them for ordering from Ikea. Their "weekly" trips to Izmir to process orders seem to be fantasy.

Ian

stuart

stuart
A word of warning to anyone considering using JJ.

Over a year ago I faxed Ikea Izmir credit card authorisation for purchases made to furnish my villa - several different purchases were made over a period of a month, so there was not a specific amount included on the authorisation form.
I asked JJ to assemble the furniture for me and he quoted a price. In order to pay himself he agreed with Ikea (without my prior knowledge it has to be said) to use my card to make purchases for himself but the amount charged to me exceeded the amount I owed him by over 300tl. He emailed me to tell me this had been done and that he would reimburse me so I was not overly concerned. However I have had the devil of a job getting my money from him. I have an email trail as long as my arm giving promises of when it was paid or when it will be paid.There is ever likelihood that I will not see it.

If you chose to use this man do so wisely!

sorry to hear of your plight. the man sounds to be in money trouble and helping himself to other peoples, not a good way to stay in bussiness.

i dont quite understand as you say how he agreed with ikea to use your credit card for purchases to himself without your permission.

i think some strong consultation with ikea is in order.

Chosen

I think this falls under the same category as when buying apartments, tourist not understanding how the turks do it and giving out a lot of money in advance.

All turks I know who buy furniture which is not in the shop at the purchase-time just order it and leave a small deposit (like 5-10%). The rest is payed on delivery.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom