Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
  £1.00 (GBP)=
  €1.00 (EUR)=
  $1.00 (USD)=
  rates from coinmill.com
Old 27th July 2012, 13:46   #1 (permalink)
yeniyildiz

yeniyildiz has a spectacular aura about yeniyildiz has a spectacular aura about
Fethiye Esnaf Hastanesi - problems

Yet more stupid problems with the Fethiye Esnaf Hastanesi administrative people. Doctor made mistake on prescription (he did the same thing last time) so I only get a third of the supply he told me (3 pakets instead of 9 packets for 3 months) plus he left the same drug of the Rapor. Chemist amazingly helpful in trying to sort in out for me....but no joy. Have spent an hour ringing hospital - getting told to hold on ... and holding on and on and on ...and then getting hung up on. They wouldnt let me speak to doctor himself, interrupted me when I started to explain problem, and insisted on speaking english when they cant do it well enough to make sense (we 'do' this .....is that past present or future??). Last woman I spoke (never the same one twice) contradicted herself - saying the reason this drug was not on the Rapor was because it was not the type of drug that could be placed on a Rapor. She later told me that they had/or were going to today put in on Rapor ???_? I pointed out the contradiction and she hung up on me!

Please don't allow them to treat you like this. If everyone objects to this kind of treatment maybe they will realise they cannot get away with it.

I would like to recommend the chemist (opp the hospital) Çifter Eczanesi .... they have gone out of their way to try and help, including sending me a print out of the government listing of my insurance paid medications by messenger on motorbike. (which shows clearly what is wrong). The lady helping me Arife Hanım also went to the hospital herself to explain to them before doing this - but she got nowhere either.

Maybe I am being cynical - but if they only give you a few weeks supply of a drug they tell you to take constantly ... you have to keep going back again and again and paying for yet another unnecessary appointment. Or maybe they are just hopelessly inefficient and unbelevably arrogant!

(I would give up going there but I lke the doctor himself and the medical personnel )
yeniyildiz is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 27th July 2012, 15:48   #2 (permalink)

yasemin3 is a name known to all yasemin3 is a name known to all yasemin3 is a name known to all yasemin3 is a name known to all yasemin3 is a name known to all yasemin3 is a name known to all
Re: Fethiye Esnaf Hastanesi - problems

Why don't you just go to the Devlet? Or try the Letoon.
yasemin3 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yasemin3 For This Useful Post:
Ceni (27th July 2012)
Old 28th July 2012, 10:00   #3 (permalink)
yeniyildiz

thats really what my post was asking people not to do ..... to complain instead. I am certainly not going to stop using a doctor, medical team and facilities and generally medical efficiency I am happy with because of the way my foreign accent causes me to be treated by some of the administrative employees.

Even the mildest of Turkish friends has been horrified by this - saying complain to top management etc

I am just glad it wasnt a medical emergency!
yeniyildiz is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2012, 10:09   #4 (permalink)
I've cliqued

Thanked 3,021 Times in 1,549 Posts
Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute

The doctor who owns the tapu to our house was a founder of the Esnaf Hospital. He now lives in a mud hut with no electricity and is a goat herd. He says that all the people who were goat herders are now doctors at the Esnaf.
Old 28th July 2012, 10:32   #5 (permalink)

yasemin3 is a name known to all yasemin3 is a name known to all yasemin3 is a name known to all yasemin3 is a name known to all yasemin3 is a name known to all yasemin3 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeniyildiz View Post
thats really what my post was asking people not to do ..... to complain instead. I am certainly not going to stop using a doctor, medical team and facilities and generally medical efficiency I am happy with because of the way my foreign accent causes me to be treated by some of the administrative employees.

Even the mildest of Turkish friends has been horrified by this - saying complain to top management etc

I am just glad it wasnt a medical emergency!
But is it just the admin - you said the Doc didn't write the prescription properly. Anyway, it happens all over, receptionists in medical settings in the UK can a bit up their own backside also. You just have to take the upper hand with them if they're getting snotty. But yes, if she put the phone down on you or was rude, then make a formal complaint, certainly.
yasemin3 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2012, 12:51   #6 (permalink)
yeniyildiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harem View Post
The doctor who owns the tapu to our house was a founder of the Esnaf Hospital. He now lives in a mud hut with no electricity and is a goat herd. He says that all the people who were goat herders are now doctors at the Esnaf.
Its that literally true!? - or just metaphorically? What is the doctors name?
I used the Esnaf years ago. I was a real mess medically when I came from the UK and they were fantastic - providing everything from surgery to longterm support and psychological counselling to get me through withdrawel from prescription drugs which should never have been prescribed by NHS in first place (and illegal here in Turkey because of addictiveness) . And they refused all payment saying they were horrified by how I had been treated in the UK and wanted to help me. I wonder if your friend is one of those wonderful doctors.
Old 28th July 2012, 12:54   #7 (permalink)
I've cliqued

Thanked 3,021 Times in 1,549 Posts
Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute Harem has a reputation beyond repute

He is/was a urologist.
Old 28th July 2012, 13:00   #8 (permalink)
yeniyildiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasemin3 View Post
But is it just the admin - you said the Doc didn't write the prescription properly. Anyway, it happens all over, receptionists in medical settings in the UK can a bit up their own backside also. You just have to take the upper hand with them if they're getting snotty. But yes, if she put the phone down on you or was rude, then make a formal complaint, certainly.
The doctor wrote 3 adet on the prescription for one drug which comes in 12 days supply only, whereas he told me he was writing 3 months (as he did for the other drugs which come as a months supply for each packet). Its a simple slip up which could have been corrected by the admin staff obtaining a prescription from him for a further 6 packets and popping it across the road to the chemist (or if thats too much effort, phoning the chemist who would send someone to pick it up)

The other problem - same drug - was that altho doctor told me he would put this, together with the other prescribed drugs, on to a RAPOR and that I would get them all free for a couple of years .... had NOT been put onto the Rapor system. (I think the admin rather than the doctor himself do this - but not sure)

Again, could be easily sorted out . I think the fact its such a simple problem makes it even more frustrating!

t
Old 28th July 2012, 13:03   #9 (permalink)
yeniyildiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harem View Post
He is/was a urologist.
its not who I am thinking of, then - I havent needed one of those!

Tags
esnaf , fethiye , hastanesi , problems