FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > All About Turkey > Fethiye Forum

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th February 2019, 21:02   #1 (permalink)

Saif is on a distinguished road
Tapu: Shall I take the red one or blue

So I want to know what kind of 'rabbit-hole' I will end up in trying to buy a villa in Turkey...
An estate agent who was trying to win me over (I guess) said take the blue one because you will then own the land. Common sense tell me he is right, but is it worth the premium in price?
Kat Mulkiyeti, your freehold and your habitation right does not seem to tell the whole story. I would like to know what advantage is there owning the land too.
Conversely what don't you have right to do if you own a red tapu with kat mulkiyeti written.
The basis of my question is that in Turkey estate agents often confuse themselves for being secret agents. They often call a villa private even when they clearly share swimming pool, gardens and clearly don't own much of the land! They often big up the words detached, own entrance, own garden space etc. just to throw you off the scent. They put map references sometimes in a completely different part of the country just incase you came anywhere close to really finding the villa they took pictures of!
Can anyone enlighten me from their knowledge or experience?
Saif is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 14th February 2019, 05:05   #2 (permalink)
Glad I got out

Simon Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 9,647 Times in 4,626 Posts
ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tapu: Shall I take the red one or blue

The red tapu means you own the land and the finished building on it

A blue tapu means you own the land and an unfinished building

Go for red

Also, get measurements/details written down in any paperwork

We were supposed to be getting a washing machine, hob and oven, and fridge freezer as white goods
The builder's "Standart" idea of all this was a washer, cheap cooker (even though the worktop was carried through ready for cutting out for a hob and a space below for an oven ) AND a small under the counter fridge (which he stated did have a freezer................yeh the minute ice box)

After arguing for an hour, I asked him how much he was allowing in money for these items, he told us so we went away , looked at the prices of white goods and went back the following day

We told him we still wanted a seperate hob and oven and washer but we would buy our own frost free fridge freezer, which floored him, he even got a guy from the next shop who spoke brilliant English to try and help him wiggle out of it, but observing his body language , it was plain he would have to comply
So we ended up getting a brilliant deal on a fridge freezer, the hob and oven we wanted and a remarkeably good washing machine

Last edited by ted j; 14th February 2019 at 07:05..
ted j is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ted j For This Useful Post:
Akasya (14th February 2019), enoch (14th February 2019)
Old 14th February 2019, 18:48   #3 (permalink)

Thanked 2,038 Times in 982 Posts
REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute

Saif,you're reading into this too deep....simply you need to check the Tapu has the tick or cross in the Kat Mulkiyeti box,this meaning you own the land AND building & that the Habitation certificate has been approved & issued...
If the Tapu has the tick/cross in the Kat Irtifaki box,then this is solely the land Tapu.

Marriage is a workshop..where husband works and wife shops..
REDDERS is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to REDDERS For This Useful Post:
Leo (17th February 2019), ted j (14th February 2019)
Old 14th February 2019, 18:49   #4 (permalink)

Thanked 3,049 Times in 1,929 Posts
evo80 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDDERS View Post
Saif,you're reading into this too deep....simply you need to check the Tapu has the tick or cross in the Kat Mulkiyeti box,this meaning you own the land AND building & that the Habitation certificate has been approved & issued...
If the Tapu has the tick/cross in the Kat Irtifaki box,then this is solely the land Tapu.
Yes . And you don't want to get caught up in this amnesty palaver .
evo80 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2019, 19:18   #5 (permalink)
Glad I got out

Simon Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 9,647 Times in 4,626 Posts
ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute

We found out our pool was not licenced
I was sure I'd seen "Havus" ticked somewhere but apparently not
Saw someone who sorted us out with a surveyor.....the guy was courteous and prompt ....sorted everything out in 5 days (and this was over a weekend)
Our lady doctor told us she did the same and not to take it out on the builder as when ours was built , no seperate licence was probably needed

ted j is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2019, 20:53   #6 (permalink)
McB

McB will become famous soon enough

A tapu certificate with a red border and tick in the box ‘kat muliyeti’ is NOT a freehold property.
If you have a villa, the colour of the border of the tapu, depends on whether the underlying land is subdivided. There is information here that explains more about this, kat irtifaki and kat muliyeti subject. Relying on advice received on forums is a big risk – the advice is usually not accurate. People mean well, but have experience related to a limited number of situations, usually one or two. Advice from a professional gives you the insights of someone experienced in thousands of situations.

Estate agents and secret agents... that's a good one..>! Especially with the map references... not to mention the pictures of the local area...Istanbul is the best for this... the development site is surrounded by lush forests in the pictures, and you get there and its a construction site with buildings so tall they are blocking out the sun, and the agent says...'Oh ! Wasn't here last time I looked...!'

Last edited by McB; 17th February 2019 at 20:57..
McB is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to McB For This Useful Post:
Saif (19th February 2019)
Old 19th February 2019, 01:33   #7 (permalink)

Saif is on a distinguished road

McB's answer is what I was considering. A land or plot that is subdivided so the houses have own entrances and private pools, yet there is a bordering wall for the plot or some new road was built to service all. Maybe has common drainage?
You own the rug but there is someone that owns the floor that is effectively a piece of Turkey (excuse pun).
Does anyone have experience of bills tied to the land and if their villa shows a lease period. Remember decent-homes project here in UK?
I lived in an X council before here in the Uk and the aggravation by the council with nuisance service costs and a 10k renovation bill were considerations that made me desperate to leave.
When I see a private villa on sale now and looks to be a bargain, naturally I have to fall back on the side of caution. My hunch is if someone has a villa on its own plot of land (maybe rare in Ovacik), they get a Blue Tapu for owning land and later a red tapu for the building on it and habitation.
In relation to your construction work welcome next door, I always try to remind myself when browsing Google Street maps, if there is a empty patch of brown earth in front or beside a lovely villa that wonderful view is probably not going to last long :P
Saif is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Saif For This Useful Post:
enoch (19th February 2019)

Tags
blue , red , tapu