Turkish Living Forums

Turkish Living Forums (http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/)
-   Fethiye Forum (http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/fethiye-forum/)
-   -   Easyjet flights (http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/fethiye-forum/88424-easyjet-flights.html)

shash 19th September 2019 15:39

Easyjet flights
 
Are out today for next year.

Bramidan 19th September 2019 15:49

Re: Easyjet flights
 
Yep daughter in law set her alarm and got up at an ungodly time.
Went through everything, got thrown off website, went back on, flights get increased by 300.
My daughter in law designs websites, she does know her way around computers.

mollag 19th September 2019 15:57

Re: Easyjet flights
 
I had a quick shufti for May-June, Dalaman, I will hang on for Pegasus methinks :smartass:

villabaris1 19th September 2019 15:57

Re: Easyjet flights
 
Yes. As usual they were released around 5.40am UK time with many bargains. However, again as usual, many found once they had selected the flights and put them in the basket, the price rocketed by the time they got to payment. One disgruntled customer showed screenshots of how in less than 2 minutes her agreed 950 total flights had gone to a final payable price of 1935.
Easyjet says its because of their "live fluctuating pricing structure" due to the soaring demand. Others of course would say its corporate profiteering and the price of the flights in your basket should be the price you pay at checkout.

shash 19th September 2019 17:02

Re: Easyjet flights
 
Wow don't they take the biscuit. I got mine with return 140 total.

Bramidan 19th September 2019 17:22

Re: Easyjet flights
 
So you purchase goods in your supermarket based on the price you see.
Get to the checkout, the price of beans has doubled because somebody purchased a dozen whilst you were walking around.
Live fluctuating price structure.
Rip off Britain strikes again.

villabaris1 19th September 2019 17:22

Re: Easyjet flights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mollag (Post 1205632)
I had a quick shufti for May-June, Dalaman, I will hang on for Pegasus methinks :smartass:

Have to agree mollag. The Pegasus flight times tend to be better plus they dont rip you off for hold luggage. What appears to be a cheap Easyjet flight increases by almost 70 if you add a hold bag onto the outbound/inbound flights depending on route and time of year. Also Pegasus has a more reasonable approach to price escalation with none of this doubling of prices before you get to the payment. It is still possible a few days or weeks after launch to get Pegasus flights for the same price.
I have been one of the many who for years have set the alarm for the Easyjet bargains but I think their business practices are now questionable and by stirring customers up for the big launch day they are then making the excuse that the popularity of their product means prices rocket within seconds.
A cynic may be forgiven for thinking that the hype of thousands of people clicking on the site in the early hours of the morning triggers the algorithms that falsely inflate the prices for the corporate benefit.

womble 19th September 2019 17:28

Re: Easyjet flights
 
My wife woke me up at 5.30 ish, booked 3 flights
From Bristol to Bodrum 200.00 each end of July for 4 weeks

mollag 19th September 2019 17:49

Re: Easyjet flights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by villabaris1 (Post 1205639)
Have to agree mollag. The Pegasus flight times tend to be better plus they dont rip you off for hold luggage. What appears to be a cheap Easyjet flight increases by almost 70 if you add a hold bag onto the outbound/inbound flights depending on route and time of year. Also Pegasus has a more reasonable approach to price escalation with none of this doubling of prices before you get to the payment. It is still possible a few days or weeks after launch to get Pegasus flights for the same price.
I have been one of the many who for years have set the alarm for the Easyjet bargains but I think their business practices are now questionable and by stirring customers up for the big launch day they are then making the excuse that the popularity of their product means prices rocket within seconds.
A cynic may be forgiven for thinking that the hype of thousands of people clicking on the site in the early hours of the morning triggers the algorithms that falsely inflate the prices for the corporate benefit.

I fully concur, Squeazy jet is a 3rd choice option for us, Love Peg and was happy with Jet2 recently to Krakow. :cheers:

villabaris1 19th September 2019 18:01

Re: Easyjet flights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mollag (Post 1205642)
I fully concur, Squeazy jet is a 3rd choice option for us, Love Peg and was happy with Jet2 recently to Krakow. :cheers:

Totally agree. I mentioned earlier how the Pegasus pricing model doesnt sky rocket like Easyjet.
Flying from Dalaman to Gatwick next month with Pegasus day flights including hold luggage is just over 200 return.
Easyjet night flights with hold luggage 412 same dates. (The hold bag makes up 67 of that price).


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:49.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
TurkishLiving.com


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155