Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 20th November 2006, 13:06   #1 (permalink)

Thanked 5,330 Times in 2,143 Posts
Terry the Celt has disabled reputation
Dental work in Fethiye

I am with a private dentist in the UK and have 6 crowns on the upperset of teeth at the front which are about 20 yrs old and have naturally deteriorated over time.
The cost of cobalt bridges in the UK where all the crowns sit on the permanent bridge which is screwed into your jaw each side ,is astronomical.
It is however made to last about 30 years which should see me out and I am considering it.
What is the quality of dental work in say Fethiye and would it be a good idea to get it done during one of my trips there.
How much guarantee of good workmanship and any comebacks is there and how difficult would it be to arrange.
From memory Andy has done a similar thing with a crown down in Antalya but that is a big city compared to Fethiye isnt it?
Any locals with any suggestions?
Terry the Celt is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 20th November 2006, 13:12   #2 (permalink)

JohnF is a splendid one to behold JohnF is a splendid one to behold JohnF is a splendid one to behold JohnF is a splendid one to behold JohnF is a splendid one to behold JohnF is a splendid one to behold JohnF is a splendid one to behold
Re: Dental work in Fethiye

This should help: You should have used the search first

Seems to be quite a few English speaking dentists opening up in the Fethiye area, I'm sure there'll be a few more recommendations.

JF
Old 20th November 2006, 13:58   #3 (permalink)
RIK

RIK is just really nice RIK is just really nice RIK is just really nice RIK is just really nice

Hi Again Terry.I had 14 Porcelaine Caps done and a Bridge for something else.Cost ( in Antalya ) 1200 YTL.The Dentist came by recommendation and his work was superb.My UK. Dentist wanted 3500 UK. for the same work.No contest.

Ian
Old 20th November 2006, 20:47   #4 (permalink)

doreen moss will become famous soon enough doreen moss will become famous soon enough

Hi Terry and Susan. Re having dental work done in Turkey, my husband for one would thoroughly recommend it. First find out from someone who can give you a recommendation of a dentist that they, or someone they know has been to. Before we left N. Ireland for our holiday in Datca in September my husband had been to a local private dentist who quoted him £280 for one crown. He also charged him £75 for the Xray and £150 for two fillings. We went along to a local dentist in Datca on the recommendation of a local british person that we knew. First of all the standard of cleanliness was second to none, they made you put polythene slipperettes on over your shoes before entering the surgery.The lady dentist was very modern and had up-to-date equipment, she Xrayed Geoff's teeth and told him he did not need a crown and that she could build up the tooth which had been filed down to the stump in preparation for a crown. She was able to build the tooth up layer by layer so that it looked just like a normal tooth and only charged him £28 and the Xray was for free. When we were there I asked her if she would look at my top row of teeth as I had had a bridge for a gap of two teeth and unfortunately another tooth next to the gap had to be removed earlier this year as it had an abcess and was bad, so it left me with a gap of three teeth missing. As I feel very self conscious about this I asked the lady dentist how much it would cost to have a small plate fitted which I felt was the only alternative to putting up with the gap that I was left with. I absolutely abhor the thought of having something foreign in my mouth and know I would take a long time to get used to it. She laughed and said to me 'you are too young to have false teeth in a glass beside your bed at night' and said that she could make me a bridge. She rang a dental laboratory in Izmir and was quoted a price and then added on her costs. The total being £420 sterling. She told me to ring her two weeks before I am coming out again to Turkey and she will arrange an appointment as she needs 10 working days to do the impressions and fitting. She did not even charge me for the Xray or her time so how is that for decency. My own NHS dentist told me he could not do a bridge of any more that two teeth. She said that was nonsense as they can do up to five on a bridge. So I am now looking forward to next June when we will be going out again and I will be phoning her to make an appointment to have the dental work done. My advice for what it is worth wait until you go out and do get it done in Turkey. All the best hope it all works out for you.
Doreen
doreen moss is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2006, 21:32   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member Has-Been

Thanked 9,292 Times in 3,475 Posts
immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute

T&S, have a look at thi site :http://www.dentalinturkey.com/

But ignore the offer to book it as a holiday as that includes accommodation, which you don't need. Her office is on the road to Calis, just before the new hospital, on the right. The view from her surgery chair has to be one of the best in Fethiye (if you can take time to notice!). Phone 0252 613 6636 - this is the direct line - the web site link takes you to a travel agency.

The site gives some indications of prices.

There is another dentist in the town centre who I think is called Volkan, who is also well recommended.

Ian

Last edited by immac; 20th November 2006 at 21:36..
immac is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2006, 21:47   #6 (permalink)

wiuru is a jewel in the rough wiuru is a jewel in the rough wiuru is a jewel in the rough

I have had great reports on the Turkish Tooth Doctors and will surely give them a visit when i am over (purely cosmetic of course), he-he.

Anne..xx
Old 21st November 2006, 07:14   #7 (permalink)
Non Active Member

Susan has much to be proud of Susan has much to be proud of Susan has much to be proud of Susan has much to be proud of Susan has much to be proud of Susan has much to be proud of Susan has much to be proud of Susan has much to be proud of Susan has much to be proud of

Thank you Immac for the Dentist website addy, they are even cheaper to have things done then they are here in Doha, and here is a lot cheaper then the UK.

Think I will wait for my dental treatment until I come to Turkey next year.

Susan

Last edited by Susan; 21st November 2006 at 07:15.. Reason: put there instead of they
Susan is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2006, 08:14   #8 (permalink)

Freda will become famous soon enough

yes its one of the things we're quite famous for! There's some good ones in Dispanser Sokak behind Val's Bar (so in the cinema region)
Freda is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2006, 09:05   #9 (permalink)
The Mayor of Gumbet

steve smith is a jewel in the rough steve smith is a jewel in the rough steve smith is a jewel in the rough
Talking Re: Dental work in Fethiye

Both my wife and myself had Dental treatment in Gumbet this year absolutely perfect no problems at all, well better than the U.K. and a third of the price well recommended!
steve smith is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2006, 09:45   #10 (permalink)

lynd is on a distinguished road

Two people from our complex have had dental treatment in Fethiye, one of them had quite extensive work done. The dentist also works in the local hospital, both ladies were more than pleased with the work he carried out, feedback on the treatment they received was much like Doreens, very professional. The dentist speaks excellent English and I will be going along to see him myself in February. I understand his surgery is near to the fruit and veg market in Fethiye, if you like I will get more detailed directions. The cost is a fraction of what we would pay in the UK
lynd is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
dental , fethiye , work