GarryP

Coarse fishing in Turkey
Does anyone know what good fishing is to be had in Turkish rivers and lakes.

I have been to Turkey many times but have yet to find time to look into the coarse fishing prospects.

merlin

Coarse fishing in Turkey
Garry....

Just past the administrative capital for this area, Aydin - take the road off towards a place called Cine.

(Turn right at McDonalds if you were coming from the motorway)

Head off about 20km and you will see a massive Dam on the left hand side.

You can drive up the hills to the top of the dam where you will find an absolutely massive lake and filled with top quality Carp 15kg plus.

Fishing there is free and its a great day out for a BBQ too.

In Turkey, Carp is considered a delicacy costing up to 15YTL/Kilo in some fishmongers.

Have fished it many times, floating crust is so much fun there!
Merv!

GarryP

Coarse fishing in Turkey
Carp, a delicacy, this brings tears to my eyes Merlin!!

I caught a 16lb and 18lb carp in my local water in England last monday evening. Thats worth nearly £100 by Turkish fishmongers prices.

I have see Carp for Sale in Harrods, Knightsbridge, I know they are popular with Eastern Europeans but didn't realise they were found in Turkey.

How about our river fish, barbel, chub, roach & bream. Are they native to Turkey?

merlin

Coarse fishing in Turkey
GarryP said:
How about our river fish, barbel, chub, roach & bream. Are they native to Turkey?

To be perfectly honest Garry, most of my winter is taken up with Shooting Pigs (and I dont mean the coppers :lol: )

I have fished some rivers, roach are bream are common, havent had the pleasure of chub, pike or barbel.

You arent gonna like this Garry..... they eat roach too. BBQ

Merv!

GarryP

Coarse fishing in Turkey
ouch!! I think I need to start a 'put coarse fish back' campaign across Turkey!!

merlin

Coarse fishing in Turkey
Roach & Chips on a Friday night Garry!

Could be a big hit in the UK and just maybe they would get hooked :lol:

Merv!

Coarse fishing in Turkey
Is there any course fishing in Soke as there seems there are a lot of rivers in that area

Tight Lines
Ken

Helmut

Coarse fishing in Turkey
I'm told that the lake close to where I live has carp up to 40kgs, catfish over 200kgs etc. Let me know if you want more details

Phill

Coarse fishing in Turkey
Thanks Helmut for that information.
Please could you give us some more info on location etc,
as i really need to get hooked into a big Carp, getting withdrawl
symptoms.

Cheers Phill.P

beldibi

Coarse fishing in Turkey
Koycegiz lake, near Dalyan, has some very big carp. Quite a lot of European anglers go there for fishing holidays.

Abo

Abo
Coarse fishing in Turkey
Come on Helmut stop teasing people we need more info, 40kg is near world record size we need location, location,location.:)

Last edited:

flowerpotman

No Clique just Creak
Coarse fishing in Turkey
Koycegiz lake. 144 species of fish ranging from carp bream bass catfish etc. runs from fresh to brackish to sea water. Carp 25kg to 35kg+ catfish 60 kg +. The dutch use this lake. For big stuff better to hire boat but fishing from side produces some monster catches.

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Coarse fishing in Turkey
Oh now your'e all teasing us! .. Come on people please give us some decent directions to these lakes. I wanna test my Doner boilies :mmph:

flowerpotman

No Clique just Creak
Coarse fishing in Turkey
Koycegiz is 30 mins from Dalaman airport. It is on the Fethiye Marmaris main road. Head towards mugla / marmaris rather than fethiye and you cant miss it. it is approx 11 kms long and about 3 kms wide.

jcrian

Coarse fishing in Turkey
1q4oef.jpg

Latest Posts

Top Bottom