Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > All About Turkey > Sports and Hobbies > Fishing in Turkey

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th May 2010, 09:31   #1 (permalink)

ghedone is on a distinguished road
Help needed for mangar fishing (barbus esocinus)

Hi guys, i'm writing you from Italy because i need your help.
I am trying to find a spot for targeting a magnificent fish called mangar (i don't know in turkish how you call it) and the latin scientific name is barbus esocinus. This fish is common in Sirya, Iran, Turkey and Iraq, in the Tigris and Euphrates river systems. So i think that the safest place to catch it is my beloved Turkey ;-) Also from what i know, this year a huge 123 kg. specimen was caught in the Karakaya Dam, so it seem this is a good spot.
Can someone help me giving me some guides name (if some available for freshwater) or maybe some experienced mangar angler that can come with me fishing in that spot or any other where this magnificent fish is present.
Thanks for your time guys.
Enrico Ghedini

Last edited by ghedone; 28th May 2010 at 08:53..
ghedone is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 27th May 2010, 09:35   #2 (permalink)
Going to get Thinner

Thanked 1,697 Times in 955 Posts
JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help needed for mangar fishing (barbus esocinus)

Welcome to the forum Enrico. Sorry can't help with your fishing but i'm sure somone will be along soon that can. Mmmmmm, Italian, you better watch out for SS LOL.

Jeannie
Old 27th May 2010, 09:49   #3 (permalink)

Smile Re: Help needed for mangar fishing (barbus esocinus)

I really hope someone can help me, it's a couple of years that i'm trying to find someone that can help me with that wonderful fish....i also know that you have an IGFA representative in Turkey that is from italian origin, his name is Elvio Pennetti, but unfortunately i cannot reach him, and honestly i think he mainly fish in saltwater so i don't know if he can help me :-)
I'm waiting for someone that can help me :-)
Enrico

Last edited by ghedone; 28th May 2010 at 08:54..
ghedone is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 10:24   #4 (permalink)
R.I.P

Thanked 6,837 Times in 2,471 Posts
arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to the forum, Enrico, any relation to Gino DeCampo? that italian accent..........!!!!!!
Old 27th May 2010, 10:35   #5 (permalink)

Hi Arrian, thanks for your welcome....no unfortunately i don't know Gino....
do you like italian accent?? do we have a different accent when we speak english??? Because you don't know my turkish one EHHEEHEHEHEH :-)
Enrico
The Following User Says Thank You to ghedone For This Useful Post:
arrian (27th May 2010)
Old 27th May 2010, 10:41   #6 (permalink)
R.I.P

arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute

i'm sure when you visit Turkey someone will let us know!!!! and yes, watch out for us Golden Girls!!
Old 27th May 2010, 10:42   #7 (permalink)
Just Call Me Ray !

Raysalaff is a name known to all Raysalaff is a name known to all Raysalaff is a name known to all Raysalaff is a name known to all Raysalaff is a name known to all Raysalaff is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghedone View Post
Thanks Jeannie for your reply, you make confusion , i'm italian not a stupid german heheeheheheheheh .....
I really hope someone can help me, it's a couple of years that i'm trying to find someone that can help me with that wonderful fish....i also know that you have an IGFA representative in Turkey that is from italian origin, his name is Elvio Pennetti, but unfortunately i cannot reach him, and honestly i think he mainly fish in saltwater so i don't know if he can help me :-)
but at least do you understood which type of fish is that ? have you ever got one or can you tell me the turkish name ?
I'm waiting for someone that can help me :-)
Enrico
I feel sure that if you are so passionate about this fish you would know every thing about it. When I read the name the only fish that came to mind was The Barbel, so I Goggled it and found out a lot of information about it and it doe's appear to be what we in the UK call a Barble, what that is in Turkish I don't know, perhaps you can try Google yourself. To save you time I used a Translator and this is what it came up with, Karakeši balığı
Try this, it's in English The Barbel (Barbus barbus) (Rod and Line) or try here it looks like a Turkish fishing site..Google Image Result for http://www.briancoad.com/TheBeastieenhance2.jpg

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It Goes On.

Last edited by Raysalaff; 27th May 2010 at 10:47..
Raysalaff is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 10:47   #8 (permalink)

Arrian i'm coming many times in Turkey for my job, i just came back from Izmir :-) I always go to Adana, to Istanbul to Antalya...i know your country quite well :-) Do i have to watch out for golden girls? Unfortunately (or fortunately???) i'm married otherwise you should watch out not me ;-)))))
Enrico

Last edited by ghedone; 28th May 2010 at 08:55..
Old 27th May 2010, 10:48   #9 (permalink)

Thanked 2,613 Times in 1,055 Posts
jewel has a reputation beyond repute jewel has a reputation beyond repute jewel has a reputation beyond repute jewel has a reputation beyond repute jewel has a reputation beyond repute jewel has a reputation beyond repute jewel has a reputation beyond repute jewel has a reputation beyond repute jewel has a reputation beyond repute jewel has a reputation beyond repute jewel has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Enrico, sorry not much help on the fishing score !!! jewel x
jewel is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 10:52   #10 (permalink)
R.I.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghedone View Post
Arrian i'm coming many times in Turkey for my job, i just came back from Izmir :-) I always go to Adana, to Istanbul to Antaly...i know your country quite well :-) Do i have to watch out for golden girls? Unfortunately (or fortunately???) i'm married otherwise you should watch out not me ;-)))))
Enrico
have a read of the Golden Girls threads and then you decide!!! and being married doesn't count!!!lol

Tags
barbus , esocinus , fishing , mangar , needed