Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 4th September 2016, 08:19   #21 (permalink)

Thanked 7,263 Times in 3,463 Posts
SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TLF Shop

Yes Philip still doing the Lords Work (turning wine into water)and generally trying to keep out of trouble.Currently in Bulgaria finishing off a bit of work on the apartment here (watching rather than working)
Will probably head home for pre winter shopping (sausage,bacon porridge etc)
supplies at the end of the month...may even hit the big smoke for a day or two... if I am really bored.
Other than that ,the same old carry on.
saoirse (4th September 2016)
Old 4th September 2016, 08:36   #22 (permalink)

Simon Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 10,095 Times in 4,885 Posts
ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse View Post
Amazing news Ted and fair play to you. Just being nosey but how did you break your bone?
We were out in the town doing some shopping , we were having a drink outside a cafe and I wanted to call the cabby we used, to pick us up, but Kath said he might not be able to get near us as there were cars double parked all around so tell him to pick us up opposite the new mosque
We waited on a bench and saw him coming up , but he didn't see us , went straight past and did a u turn and waited on the opposite side of the road ......not wanting to miss him, I told Kath I'd run to him before he drove off

Now the main street in Didim is a two lane , central reservation with bushes jobby ....on each side there are a cobbled half to drive on , a drain in the middle and a block paved other half to park on (the block paved part is actually the better surface of the two)....anyway I waited for a few cars to pass and legged it across the road , only thing is, the tip of my sandal got caught in a strategically positioned grid , slap bang in the dip of the drain .....I tripped forward , twisting as I went and landed bang straight down on a bumpy part of the cobbles with my thighbone (which I heard go "crack")

Someone called an ambulance which took me to the local hospital , where after an x ray I was told they didn't have a surgeon who could do the neccessary op, so another ambulance took us to Soke hospital....same thing there . Finally 6 hours later yet another ambulance took us to Aydin hospital where there WAS a surgeon who could do the op
A day and a half later ,my leg was opened up, a metal plate screwed into the bone (under an epidural...now THAT is scary) and 53 staples put in .
I spent the next month on my back on a blow up bed we had used when we first stayed at the villa , then about 10 days on crutches then another 2 weeks on just the one crutch for stability

This took a fair bit of the shine off coming here, but I ended up getting a two seater electric scooter which is brilliant, after having a volvo estate back in the UK which had the turning circle of a small ocean liner, this baby can turn on a sixpence and we have discovered all manner of places around us where we can actually park it right outside wherever we are and is really handy, I can get to the town where all the banks , big supermarkets etc are in 3 minutes and the beaches in 9 minutes , looking back , I'm glad we made the move (particularly when some friends of ours were over a few weeks ago and were complaining about council tax and wheely bins back in the UK

ted j is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ted j For This Useful Post:
Kingfisher (5th September 2016), Maisie (4th September 2016), saoirse (4th September 2016), Sunny Seasider (4th September 2016)
Old 4th September 2016, 08:47   #23 (permalink)

Thanked 22,292 Times in 11,448 Posts
saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus Ted you went through the mill. The accident a disaster, the arsing about with 3 hospitals a nightmare and then that epidural.......

You however sound very upbeat and settled in your new home. Ted you come across as inside a tough determined old bugger who won't let knocks put him off his goal and you sure now deserve the happiness you have achieved. Fair play to you. Enjoy

Henrik er min hjelte.

Last edited by saoirse; 4th September 2016 at 08:56..
saoirse is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saoirse For This Useful Post:
Maisie (4th September 2016), ted j (4th September 2016)
Old 4th September 2016, 09:32   #24 (permalink)

saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute

Yes my old drinking buddy (72) in Uzumlu recently got one of those 2 seaters too. It really annoyed him that for some reason the passenger seat was much more comfy than the drivers one, but he really gets great use out of it about the village

Henrik er min hjelte.
Old 4th September 2016, 09:37   #25 (permalink)
Life is so precious

Thanked 22,150 Times in 10,008 Posts
Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted j View Post
We were out in the town doing some shopping , we were having a drink outside a cafe and I wanted to call the cabby we used, to pick us up, but Kath said he might not be able to get near us as there were cars double parked all around so tell him to pick us up opposite the new mosque
We waited on a bench and saw him coming up , but he didn't see us , went straight past and did a u turn and waited on the opposite side of the road ......not wanting to miss him, I told Kath I'd run to him before he drove off

Now the main street in Didim is a two lane , central reservation with bushes jobby ....on each side there are a cobbled half to drive on , a drain in the middle and a block paved other half to park on (the block paved part is actually the better surface of the two)....anyway I waited for a few cars to pass and legged it across the road , only thing is, the tip of my sandal got caught in a strategically positioned grid , slap bang in the dip of the drain .....I tripped forward , twisting as I went and landed bang straight down on a bumpy part of the cobbles with my thighbone (which I heard go "crack")

Someone called an ambulance which took me to the local hospital , where after an x ray I was told they didn't have a surgeon who could do the neccessary op, so another ambulance took us to Soke hospital....same thing there . Finally 6 hours later yet another ambulance took us to Aydin hospital where there WAS a surgeon who could do the op
A day and a half later ,my leg was opened up, a metal plate screwed into the bone (under an epidural...now THAT is scary) and 53 staples put in .
I spent the next month on my back on a blow up bed we had used when we first stayed at the villa , then about 10 days on crutches then another 2 weeks on just the one crutch for stability

This took a fair bit of the shine off coming here, but I ended up getting a two seater electric scooter which is brilliant, after having a volvo estate back in the UK which had the turning circle of a small ocean liner, this baby can turn on a sixpence and we have discovered all manner of places around us where we can actually park it right outside wherever we are and is really handy, I can get to the town where all the banks , big supermarkets etc are in 3 minutes and the beaches in 9 minutes , looking back , I'm glad we made the move (particularly when some friends of ours were over a few weeks ago and were complaining about council tax and wheely bins back in the UK
So glad that everything has worked out Ted, and you are here to tell the tale.
Maisie (4th September 2016), ted j (4th September 2016)
Old 4th September 2016, 09:40   #26 (permalink)

SS I was in your town recently!!!!
Stayed at a Hilton hotel near Morrissons on seafront

Henrik er min hjelte.

Tags
shop , tlf