FORUM
  Home
  Forums
  Photo Gallery
  TLF Donations
  Forum Rules
  Register
  LINKS
  Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 18th February 2019, 10:37   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bashful's Avatar
 

Thanks: 388
Thanked 498 Times in 285 Posts
bashful is a glorious beacon of light bashful is a glorious beacon of light bashful is a glorious beacon of light bashful is a glorious beacon of light bashful is a glorious beacon of light bashful is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Jokes - should anything go?

So,
An English man, an Irish man and a Scotsman..........
bashful is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2019, 10:39   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Thanks: 3,140
Thanked 1,266 Times in 750 Posts
enoch has much to be proud of enoch has much to be proud of enoch has much to be proud of enoch has much to be proud of enoch has much to be proud of enoch has much to be proud of enoch has much to be proud of enoch has much to be proud of enoch has much to be proud of
Re: Jokes - should anything go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashful View Post
So,
An English man, an Irish man and a Scotsman..........
Multi racist
enoch is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to enoch For This Useful Post:
bashful (18th February 2019)
Old 18th February 2019, 11:25   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Neil_Denizli's Avatar
 

Thanks: 335
Thanked 960 Times in 538 Posts
Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of Neil_Denizli has much to be proud of
Re: Jokes - should anything go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashful View Post
So,
An English man, an Irish man and a Scotsman..........
And a German went out to a multi-faith community centre, stopped off at a gay bar, drank responsibly, and had a vegan burger on the way home.
Top night. And no-one even mentioned Brexit. (Or the war.)
__________________
Manager of uktvaccess.com - iplayer, ITV ...
Neil_Denizli is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Neil_Denizli For This Useful Post:
bashful (18th February 2019)
Old 18th February 2019, 11:27   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bickern's Avatar
 

Thanks: 3,256
Thanked 13,370 Times in 5,027 Posts
bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jokes - should anything go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil_Denizli View Post
And no-one even mentioned Brexit.
I was right with you until you said that.
__________________
Regards Norperson (friends can still call me Norman)

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
Muhammad Ali
bickern is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2019, 08:37   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Thanks: 5,524
Thanked 6,089 Times in 2,254 Posts
Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute Derek Payne has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jokes - should anything go?

Sorry, but I feel I must add my two pennies worth.

For me I currently run 3 Facebook pages. Of which one is a Joke Page called (Jokes & Sh1te), with 5k members, where I post almost anything I want. F/B control me and what I post with their Community Standards Section via their Admin. Yep, I do suffer Bans from Time-to-Time, but hey, that's my fault for pushing the limits.

But, I feel I have the right to post what I want, just as the person who is reading it, has the very same right to SCROLL on by, if they don't like it. I totally accept that all varieties of my humour doesn't suits all, and blatant racists jokes should always be banned.

I am currently on a 30 day Ban at the moment with F/B, cos of an accumulation of 4 years worth of bans.

But on F/B now I Cannot use the word Muslim, I have to use words like Asian or Arab instead. But I AM allowed to make a joke about EVERY Other Religion in the World WITHOUT having to change the text e.g. Catholic, Christians, Jews, Sikhs, etc., just as Irish jokes are acceptable, so are we going to stop them..??

If you are going to stop the various words for racial reasons or even National reasons where does it end..?? What exactly is PC or NON PC anyway..?? What is acceptable to one person, will not be acceptable to all. Then it's very hard to control the boundaries.

TBH, on a Turkish Forum like this, then YES, I can understand you have to have boundaries for religious reasons.

Personally I think it's not what is written but how it's written.

Sorry. Rant Over..
Derek Payne is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Derek Payne For This Useful Post:
abba (14th May 2019), Akasya (14th May 2019), enoch (14th May 2019), Jaycey (14th May 2019)
Old 14th May 2019, 08:46   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Thanks: 3,140
Thanked 1,266 Times in 750 Posts
enoch has much to be proud of enoch has much to be proud of enoch has much to be proud of enoch has much to be proud of enoch has much to be proud of enoch has much to be proud of enoch has much to be proud of enoch has much to be proud of enoch has much to be proud of
Re: Jokes - should anything go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Payne View Post
Sorry, but I feel I must add my two pennies worth.

For me I currently run 3 Facebook pages. Of which one is a Joke Page called (Jokes & Sh1te), with 5k members, where I post almost anything I want. F/B control me and what I post with their Community Standards Section via their Admin. Yep, I do suffer Bans from Time-to-Time, but hey, that's my fault for pushing the limits.

But, I feel I have the right to post what I want, just as the person who is reading it, has the very same right to SCROLL on by, if they don't like it. I totally accept that all varieties of my humour doesn't suits all, and blatant racists jokes should always be banned.

I am currently on a 30 day Ban at the moment with F/B, cos of an accumulation of 4 years worth of bans.

But on F/B now I Cannot use the word Muslim, I have to use words like Asian or Arab instead. But I AM allowed to make a joke about EVERY Other Religion in the World WITHOUT having to change the text e.g. Catholic, Christians, Jews, Sikhs, etc., just as Irish jokes are acceptable, so are we going to stop them..??

If you are going to stop the various words for racial reasons or even National reasons where does it end..?? What exactly is PC or NON PC anyway..?? What is acceptable to one person, will not be acceptable to all. Then it's very hard to control the boundaries.

TBH, on a Turkish Forum like this, then YES, I can understand you have to have boundaries for religious reasons.

Personally I think it's not what is written but how it's written.

Sorry. Rant Over..
It's just more control . They should go and work on a building site for a few years that will make them immune .
enoch is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to enoch For This Useful Post:
Derek Payne (14th May 2019)
Old 14th May 2019, 10:46   #27 (permalink)
African refugee
 
Jaycey's Avatar
 

Thanks: 21,840
Thanked 22,300 Times in 11,684 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jokes - should anything go?

In South Africa pretty much any racial joke is accepted (where would we be without dear old van der Merwe )
and jokes are made about all races by all races without causing offence. It is obscenity that is banned but apparently OK on TLF.

It could well be said that Irish & Paddy jokes are racist (I dont) - people really need to lighten up.

And, as Derek has said, the only racist jokes that could give offence are in mocking the religion of others.

And while were at it I see nothing wrong with nudity if presented in an aesthetically pleasing way.

Its a narrow path to tread and we must leave it to our site administrator no two people will completely agree on this.
__________________
.
A world without honour is a dangerous place
Jaycey is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaycey For This Useful Post:
Akasya (14th May 2019), Derek Payne (14th May 2019), enoch (14th May 2019)
Old 14th May 2019, 17:07   #28 (permalink)
Grey wisdom
 
IbrahimAbi's Avatar
 

Thanks: 6,636
Thanked 7,941 Times in 3,772 Posts
IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jokes - should anything go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycey View Post
In South Africa pretty much any racial joke is accepted (where would we be without dear old van der Merwe )
and jokes are made about all races by all races without causing offence. It is obscenity that is banned but apparently OK on TLF.

It could well be said that Irish & Paddy jokes are racist (I dont) - people really need to lighten up.

And, as Derek has said, the only racist jokes that could give offence are in mocking the religion of others.

And while were at it I see nothing wrong with nudity if presented in an aesthetically pleasing way.

Its a narrow path to tread and we must leave it to our site administrator no two people will completely agree on this.
Even the mods don't entirely agree, but as I live in Turkey, and have seen more than a few courtrooms from the wrong side, will remove anything that I feel will get TLF in trouble with the authorities.
__________________
Cannot Save The World, Not Enough Disc Space
IbrahimAbi is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IbrahimAbi For This Useful Post:
Jaycey (14th May 2019)
Reply

Tags
jokes


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:44.
TurkishLiving.com tested by Norton Internet Security TurkishLiving.com tested by McAfee Internet Security
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Style Provided By: Wrestling Clique - Wrestling Forums
TurkishLiving.com


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155