Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 12th July 2009, 19:28   #1 (permalink)
Leo

Leo is a splendid one to behold Leo is a splendid one to behold Leo is a splendid one to behold Leo is a splendid one to behold Leo is a splendid one to behold Leo is a splendid one to behold Leo is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs down Disgusting Mecitoglu - Think Again!

Correction.

Hi to my fellow owners at all Mecitoglu complexes,

I have today (19th Sept) spoken directly with Mehmet Micitoglu, who has read my original comments - after this was brought to his attention by one of the fellow owners.

He has explained the reasons for sacking Ali, and I am satisfied with the explanation - notably, that Ali was warned about several things, several times before he was sacked. I therefore withdraw & remove my ealier comments.

I do hope that we are all able to speak to each other and resolve any concerns that might arise, quickly and to everyones satisfaction in the future.

I look forward to a continued excellent relationship in the future.

Leo.

Last edited by Leo; 19th September 2009 at 10:11..
Leo is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post:
JOHN & LYNN (15th August 2009), lemmy (14th July 2009)
Old 13th July 2009, 11:56   #2 (permalink)

TheSpecial1 is on a distinguished road
Re: Disgusting Mecitoglu - Think Again!

Hi Leo,

I didn't realise the Mecitoglu was like that.

I don't know Ali personally as i have only recently invested, however being sacked for being curtious? - whats the world coming to?

Mecitoglu has always had good feedback on this forum and thats what persuaded me to invest there.

If this is true it seems as though their sucess has gotten to their heads.
Having someone like Ali doing the nice things you have described is a credit to the company and its the small things like that, what sets a good company apart from the others.
TheSpecial1 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 15:46   #3 (permalink)
Leo

Leo is a splendid one to behold Leo is a splendid one to behold Leo is a splendid one to behold Leo is a splendid one to behold Leo is a splendid one to behold Leo is a splendid one to behold Leo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpecial1 View Post
Hi Leo,

I didn't realise the Mecitoglu was like that.

I don't know Ali personally as i have only recently invested, however being sacked for being curtious? - whats the world coming to?

Mecitoglu has always had good feedback on this forum and thats what persuaded me to invest there.

If this is true it seems as though their sucess has gotten to their heads.
Having someone like Ali doing the nice things you have described is a credit to the company and its the small things like that, what sets a good company apart from the others.
Hi 'TS1' - I agree, I have consistently been one of Mecitoglu's supporters (good quality, good service and do what they say etc) - I am baffled, if not more than a little peed-off with them for this!

Ali was so helpful, especially with my elderley and very infirm mother (and her 2 mates) who go out to our apartment for a few weeks - a couple of times a year.

He even helpfully sorted things out when I rang him recently at 4am - as Mecitoglu's driver had gone to the wrong terminal to pick us up at Antalya airport. It is usual in the UK to acknowledge and at times reward such extra help with the odd gift - we certainly don't sack people and throw their family out on the street!

God, what is the world coming too
Leo is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post:
lemmy (14th July 2009)
Old 13th July 2009, 15:51   #4 (permalink)

paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of

Disgusting treatment of someone who obviously cared about the people on the development. I hope Ali gets another job soon, as being sacked is bad enough, but to get thrown out of his house is even worse.

I looked at a couple of Mecitoglu's developments - glad I didn't buy when they treat their employees in such a way.

Sue
paddington bear is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 16:18   #5 (permalink)
20 - 12 - 3

Thanked 19,580 Times in 8,453 Posts
yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute

have you actually asked the reasons why this guy was sacked ? and how long had he worked there.
running a service company where employees are offering those services for little gifts during your time is pretty sackable !
years ago I was a BT engineer and for instance if I agreed to move a telephone socket for a customer in or out of working hours, I knew that the sack was the result if I got caught doing it.
There was a post about the integrity of the forum last week and one of the gripes was about people making statements without the facts, and to say "I understand" doesnt sound like "I asked his manager and he said"
heres hoping he wasnt sacked unfairly !

martin
yalimart is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yalimart For This Useful Post:
immac (13th July 2009)
Old 13th July 2009, 22:47   #6 (permalink)
Leo

Quote:
Originally Posted by yalimart View Post
have you actually asked the reasons why this guy was sacked ? and how long had he worked there.
running a service company where employees are offering those services for little gifts during your time is pretty sackable !
years ago I was a BT engineer and for instance if I agreed to move a telephone socket for a customer in or out of working hours, I knew that the sack was the result if I got caught doing it.
There was a post about the integrity of the forum last week and one of the gripes was about people making statements without the facts, and to say "I understand" doesnt sound like "I asked his manager and he said"

martin
Hi Martin,

Sorry to go on about this at the risk of boring others, but yes - my family are there at the moment and have asked. Whilst the company rep was limited in their response, they did confirm as I have reported - hense 'I understand'

I need to be clear that this was not a chap doing things on the side as a little earner (clearly that would have been different) and my concern is that it just isn't fair - and we all know how the TFL crew rightly take a pride in fairness!

My hope is that enough Owners on the various Mecitoglu sites would make enough fuss for the company (who like many, monitor this site) to at least reconsider thier actions.
Leo is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post:
lemmy (14th July 2009)
Old 13th July 2009, 22:49   #7 (permalink)

Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future Peregrine has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by yalimart View Post

martin
Martin

I think youre right. If ali was paid out of the income he was supposed to generate but was doing "little jobs" on the side for "the odd gift" then he wasnt earing his wages.

Theres probably more to this than meets the eye
Old 14th July 2009, 03:20   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member Has-Been

Thanked 7,391 Times in 2,735 Posts
immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
My hope is that enough Owners on the various Mecitoglu sites would make enough fuss for the company (who like many, monitor this site) to at least reconsider thier actions.
You seem to be embarking on a crusade for someone you hardly know. You clearly don't know all the facts and are filling in the gaps of your knowledge to make it fit. Now you want others to set themselves against the management. Have you even asked Ali if he wants this, I doubt it.

My advice is - drop it. Do you expect managers to lose face and backtrack publicly? This is very 'little England'. If the man has good qualities the managers will re-employ him in their own time - that is how it works; if you force the issue, they will never take him back.

Your house sits in Turkey, not England, and you have to go with the flow and not look for confrontation: you can get enough of that without looking for it.

Ian
immac is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to immac For This Useful Post:
Martyn (14th July 2009), shirleyanntr (14th July 2009)
Old 14th July 2009, 08:08   #9 (permalink)
20 - 12 - 3

Thanked 19,580 Times in 8,453 Posts
yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Hi Martin,

Sorry to go on about this at the risk of boring others, but yes - my family are there at the moment and have asked. Whilst the company rep was limited in their response, they did confirm as I have reported - hense 'I understand'

I need to be clear that this was not a chap doing things on the side as a little earner (clearly that would have been different) and my concern is that it just isn't fair - and we all know how the TFL crew rightly take a pride in fairness!

Hi Leo

I can fully understand how you feel about this, but by your own words, you dont know the facts. The company rep may just be softening the reasons for sacking this guy,
I would take the advice of the others and avoid interfering as you need these people on your side and not against you
you didnt say how long the guy was there, we seem to lose staff after about 8 months for various reasons,
do employers have to take more responsibillity after a certain length of time ? I am not sure but i am sure someone will know.

martin
yalimart is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 14:33   #10 (permalink)

lemmy will become famous soon enough

leo

i am surprised at the reactions you have got to your point here.iI personally have absolutely no knowledge of the situation but from what you have said it does not sound like this individual has been treated fairly. those who say that you should keep you head down and pretend it has not happened i do not agree with that at all. if anyone is in a position where they are in fear of opposing the management there is something far wrong with the management. i have been a manager for over 20 years and my job has been made so much easier by listening to what people think and acting - even it does mean making a U-turn when a wrong decision is shown to have been made. it is about being adult enough to face up to things. look at the mess the UK is in because of people not listening to what people think!!!!!
i am not saying that this man should get his job back as i dont know the facts but he should be treated fairly and if you feel that he has not been treated fairly then your are 100% correct in flagging it up to others.
lemmy is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lemmy For This Useful Post:
Guz1 (14th July 2009), Leo (17th July 2009)

Tags
disgusting , mecitoglu