Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 21st July 2011, 10:48   #1 (permalink)

ruthie babes is on a distinguished road
Creepy crawlies!!!

Suggestions please for getting rid of those ants that seem to appear out of nowhere in their thousands!!!!!Also best ideas for the cockroaches too???!!!All suggestions gratefully received xxx
ruthie babes is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 21st July 2011, 11:48   #2 (permalink)
Ferretbrain

Thanked 1,170 Times in 513 Posts
Bibby has much to be proud of Bibby has much to be proud of Bibby has much to be proud of Bibby has much to be proud of Bibby has much to be proud of Bibby has much to be proud of Bibby has much to be proud of Bibby has much to be proud of Bibby has much to be proud of Bibby has much to be proud of
Re: Creepy crawlies!!!

Detan do a long lasting hand pump type spray. It has a green label. I spray along skirting boards in the hope that should a scorpion be foolish enough to stroll in, it might (hopefully) go 'stealth' along that route and cop it. It might take a while to kill it, but at least I know that something is helping to guard us. Incidentally, we have never seen a scorpion alive or dead. I know you didn't ask about them, but.... It works on all insects though and readily available. Google Image Result for http://www.eniyial.com/images/product_images/temizlikurunleri_detailed/tmzMARU-474.jpg

Last edited by Bibby; 21st July 2011 at 12:01..
Bibby is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bibby For This Useful Post:
ruthie babes (21st July 2011)
Old 21st July 2011, 12:06   #3 (permalink)

Liverpoolone will become famous soon enough

I have scorpions & snakes ın my garden in Altinkum ı keep away from the scorpıons!!!!
Liverpoolone is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 12:08   #4 (permalink)
Just passing through

Thanked 4,369 Times in 2,558 Posts
oldfogy has disabled reputation

One of the best product brands I have ever come across is the brand called "Raid"
I know they have it in Turkey as I have seen it in Migros in Altinkum.

I use it in the UK and just spray along the bottom of the front/back doors and in corners of rooms, sometimes it's amazing to discover what you start to discover that you "have been" sharing your property with.

oldfogy is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldfogy For This Useful Post:
Liverpoolone (21st July 2011), ruthie babes (21st July 2011)
Old 21st July 2011, 13:13   #5 (permalink)
The Penguin Rules

Thanked 1,942 Times in 785 Posts
northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute

l find ants are amazing creatures.They send out a scout to seek food.And any tiny little crevice in the wall floors that leads into your house will be used.Once the scout has found the food source"let say in the kitchen",he goes back and tells his friends in ant language that house over there is the place of our dreams" it beats the supermarkets anyday".
So the next day"all depends if it is a Sunday"which is their time off,hundreds of them walk towards the free food house from the knowledge given by the scout on how to get there.The leader of the ant is the first through the crack which others are following behind.And then they go about their business seeking out the crumbs of food us humans leave behind that ants can only find[naked to the human eye]Once they know the scrumptious food is there.They will always come back and this time in their hoards.

"SO",the best way to deter any ant that has been promoted to the rank of scout.ls to block all the cracks and any other small entrances you see.lf you see an ant,watch where he goes and that ant will show you the way he came in.Block it with a sealant or any other type of building material that will not harm the ant.
After all,they were here first and we should learn to live with the lovely creatures around us.

"Cockroaches",are the same,watch where they enter and exit,block off their entrance which stops their food source and the cockroach will go elsewhere.

l do my best to avoid any type of manmade products that will harm the enviourment and creatures.Using natures way is far the best way,because you don't pay nothing and is safe and not prone to mistakes

Last edited by northpole; 21st July 2011 at 13:19..
northpole is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to northpole For This Useful Post:
kaplumba (21st July 2011), nanamo (22nd July 2011), ruthie babes (21st July 2011)
Old 21st July 2011, 13:19   #6 (permalink)
Life is so precious

Thanked 22,156 Times in 10,009 Posts
Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute

I have never had a fear of any creepy crawlies until I was in our Apartment in June, one mid evening I just looked down and thought there was a mouse in the Apartment, they do scare me, however as it came towards me wearing what looked like shoulder pads lol, it was the biggest bloody spider I have ever seen. Well the fight started, I do not like to kill anything so off to get my sweeping brush to scoot it out onto the balcony, this fight last what seemed like hours sweat pouring off me, as it drove itself up curtains along furniture etc, OH MY GOD. I finally got it out onto the balcony brush attached to it, lol. It was beigey brown in colour so don't think it was harmless just bloody huge and freaked me, now I have developed a fear of spiders.
Old 21st July 2011, 13:23   #7 (permalink)

funlife is a splendid one to behold funlife is a splendid one to behold funlife is a splendid one to behold funlife is a splendid one to behold funlife is a splendid one to behold funlife is a splendid one to behold funlife is a splendid one to behold

Raid and Detan best 2 products as for scorpions a good house cat will get rid of them our cats are always finding and dispatching em
funlife is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to funlife For This Useful Post:
Bibby (21st July 2011), ruthie babes (21st July 2011), Sunny Seasider (21st July 2011)
Old 21st July 2011, 13:28   #8 (permalink)
Life is so precious

Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by funlife View Post
Raid and Detan best 2 products as for scorpions a good house cat will get rid of them our cats are always finding and dispatching em

We do buy those raid blocks and leave them in all of the rooms when we are not there, and spray regularly when we are. Hardly ever get any creepies inside our home, but that spider, Huh he just ambled in whilst I was sat enjoying my G&T, so glad I got it there and then as I was there on my own.
funlife (21st July 2011), northpole (21st July 2011)
Old 21st July 2011, 13:30   #9 (permalink)
The Penguin Rules

Thanked 1,942 Times in 785 Posts
northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have never had a fear of any creepy crawlies until I was in our Apartment in June, one mid evening I just looked down and thought there was a mouse in the Apartment, they do scare me, however as it came towards me wearing what looked like shoulder pads lol, it was the biggest bloody spider I have ever seen. Well the fight started, I do not like to kill anything so off to get my sweeping brush to scoot it out onto the balcony, this fight last what seemed like hours sweat pouring off me, as it drove itself up curtains along furniture etc, OH MY GOD. I finally got it out onto the balcony brush attached to it, lol. It was beigey brown in colour so don't think it was harmless just bloody huge and freaked me, now I have developed a fear of spiders.
"Well" sunny,this is what happens when you do not wear the right glasses during the time you thought you were feeding your pet mouse turned out to be an obese spider.Feeding to much cheese to a spider is prone to become clinically obese,especially when you thought it was a mouse.

Thanks for the laugh though.l can see the funny side of it.
northpole is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to northpole For This Useful Post:
Sunny Seasider (21st July 2011)
Old 21st July 2011, 13:37   #10 (permalink)
Life is so precious

Quote:
Originally Posted by northpole View Post
"Well" sunny,this is what happens when you do not wear the right glasses during the time you thought you were feeding your pet mouse turned out to be an obese spider.Feeding to much cheese to a spider is prone to become clinically obese,especially when you thought it was a mouse.

Thanks for the laugh though.l can see the funny side of it.
I could laugh afterwards, as I thought that spider was probably more scared of me, and it really did have shoulder pads on, as it ambled slowly towards my feet, but the thought of it getting into my bedroom, etc; spooked me, I had to have at least another 3 very large G&T's to calm myself down ready for bed, nightmare.

Tags
crawlies , creepy