sidesalad

IKEA TURKEY 2014- Delivery cost
Hi everyone, I am about to move to my place in Side, Antalya and want to furnish it completely with Ikea - so a very large shop. Reading the threads many of them are from 06-08 . Does anyone know what I can expect to pay for delivery now in 2014?
My plan would be to make a list of what I want here in the UK. Go to the Ikea store in Istanbul and look and check. Then order on line and have the whole lot delivered. Remember it is a for a four bed house so the list will be extensive.
On their website the say 13% of the items bought, but for a whole household that would be a huge amount ( almost as much as to ship from the UK). I cannot believe this would be the cost. I am sure they would do a deal if there is a large consignment.
I cannot find a phone number to call and ask- does anyone know an english speaker at one of the stores who could assist me in answering some questions.
Would it be cheaper for me to organise my own pick up and transportation company - could I trust this?
Any suggestions, help and assistance in thinking this through would be much appreciated.

tjd

Order 4 kitchen stools in Bodrum and asked for them to be delivered. It was 8% of total invoice. Fast delivery and usual IKEA standard for flat packs, there was not one piece missing. They phoned when they arrived to the site, luckily we were only 5 mins drive away.
Very good service.

kibris

There ıs also an IKEA at bornova ızmır.Cant you use the turkısh ıkea websıte to fıll out an order ıncludıng delıvery then ıt wıll tell you what the delıvery cost ıs for all your ıtems ın the fınal amount to pay.If you use google browser ıt wıll translate the page ınto englısh.

The 13% figure is accurate for orders made online as the IKEA online business is run separately to the IKEA stores which mostly use a franchise model.
If you visit one of the stores you can order from the store and they have their own delivery service which works on a cubic metre/weight formula and usually works out cheaper than the online ordering service.
We have used both the online service and ordering direct in person from the Izmir store.

sidesalad

thank you so much for your quick responses , all food for thought and bringing me more clarity as to how things work. Appreaciate the tips and experiences - interesting to know is that Ikea delivery in the shop is cheaper than on line...
TJD- a quick question , you mention 8%, did you order in store?

tjd

In Bodrum they have a small showroom where you order and either collect from the showroom or have delivered. There is no charge if you pickup and the 8% is the delivery charge.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom